As always - please join in!

This batch includes a three week holiday - and I generally take these opportunities to do a big batch of rereading...

Super Dinosaur v1 - Rather silly Kirkman book about a boy genius and his dinosaur friend. It was okay I guess - and I think it's aimed more at kids. It didn't really do it for me.

Batman: Year One (reread) - Still sublime in both story and art.

All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder (reread) - Still OTT and fun. I didn't quite love it as much as I did the first time. This definitely needs finishing. One question though... in the introduction it says that Neil Adams worked on it. Where did that happen?

Spawn/Batman (reread) - Still the weakest of the bunch, but still passes the time.

The Dark Knight Returns
(reread) - Still glorious!

The Dark Knight Strikes Again (reread) - I still like this book. It's silly but it does have some great stuff in it.

Runaways v1-7 (reread) - It's really nice to read it all through in one go so everything is still fresh in my mind. With the possible exception of Saga I'd say this is Vaughan's best work. Especially his handling of Chase.

Superman: Red Son (reread) - Mark Millar on top form. Great art. Possibly the best portrayals of Lex Luthor ever. Good book!

JLA: Shogun of Steel - Meh story with passable art. Not a keeper.

Dark Avengers v2: Molecule Man - Decent while it lasted, but Bendis's style is so decompressed I don't think they should allow him to have less than 8 issues in a TPB.

Red Razors - The first story in here is the one that originally made me notice Mark Millar back when I was around 19 or 20. Steve Yeowell's art is fantastic - possibly his best work. The story is lots of fun too. The second story suffered from art that isn't in the same league and the story seems a bit inconsistent with the first story. The story itself is basically just one big fight scene. These days Mark Millar can write a 200 page fight scene and thoroughly entertain me (see Ultimate Avengers v1) - it's one of his best skills. Back then though he hadn't quite honed that skill.

The Flash #26-29 - The final Brian Buccellato Flash story. It was decent, but without Manapul on art and Buccellato on colours it seems more pedestrian. The art itself is actually pretty good, but feels a better fit for something like Gotham Central than The Flash.

The Flash #30 - 34 and Annual #3 - Robert Vendetti's first story. So far I'm quite happy with the new run. The story has a good pace to it. Nothing ground-breaking, but good solid superhero stuff.

Wolverine: Flies to a Spider - A bunch of short Wolverine stories by people I've never heard of. Nothing great storywise, but a couple of the artists showed promise.