Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Default BATGIRL #35 Preview/Discussion

Ten pages of Batgirl #35 for your peepers.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/...ed-batgirl-35/
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Manchu

Archie style Batgirl huh? Okay, it could work.

This is looking good. Giving this arc and creative team a try.

Amazing Member

glad i got to read this. i was on the fence about the new direction, but it's not for me, so i will be passing.

Best part was when the Crook asked Babs if she was 14. Hahahahahah so meta.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Best part was when the Crook asked Babs if she was 14. Hahahahahah so meta.
    I was mostly glancing it over instead of reading it, but I saw that line. Awesome.

Looks visually brighter and livelier. I like it already!

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I was mostly glancing it over instead of reading it, but I saw that line. Awesome.

Looks visually brighter and livelier. I like it already!
    Same here. Even if it's more female orientated and I find it's not exactly my thing, I'm glad it exists and hope it does tremendously. As of right now, I'm digging it.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

So basically they are trying to do Kate from Hawkeye. I'm cool with that, although I have no idea how they explain this in continuity

Astonishing Member

There's stuff to like and stuff I don't particularly care for.

The art itself is great. Not too big on the hipstery aesthetic of it, but it's very sound on a technical level, expressive faces, body language, clear storytelling and the colors work great for a lighter book.

I like how Babs is presented as a woman of action and the eidetic recall is a good scene, I just don't like everything else around that.

Can Stewart is in twitter and is pretty annoyed that BC ran this without consulting him.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    So basically they are trying to do Kate from Hawkeye. I'm cool with that, although I have no idea how they explain this in continuity
    What do you mean by that?

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    It's just such a u-turn for the character, who has been dark and grim. It also seems like a de-ageing even if they are going to say its not. Simone was presenting Barbara as a grown woman fighting some heavy hitters, this looks like a young girl fighting frat boys. Again, I think it's a good move, but it looks like they are moving her to the very edge of the Bat-verse as this has an Elseworlds feel to it. It would be like Bruce moving into an apartment building and tussling with guys in track suits - very Hawkeye-ish

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Boy, Cam sure is pissed off @ Rich for posting this retailer preview. I didn't read the thing since it is more than likely gonna get changed up but the art sure is purdy!

Astonishing Member

It's just such a u-turn for the character, who has been dark and grim. It also seems like a de-ageing even if they are going to say its not. Simone was presenting Barbara as a grown woman fighting some heavy hitters, this looks like a young girl fighting frat boys. Again, I think it's a good move, but it looks like they are moving her to the very edge of the Bat-verse as this has an Elseworlds feel to it. It would be like Bruce moving into an apartment building and tussling with guys in track suits - very Hawkeye-ish
    That's the feeling I got from the preview as well. It's possible to make the tone lighter but it feels a little as if the creative powers are overcompensating. It looks quality regardless and has the potential to be a breakout success much in the vein of Harley Quinn.

Wasn't that the problem? A grown woman fighting heavy hitters referring to herself as Batgirl?

This looks fantastic though, great cast.

(Also lol at Canary. Someone destroyed all of her stuff? Sounds like someone's getting a reboot of their own.)