Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

In my opinion, it doesn't matter. As far as I'm concerned, this is a clean start and the quicker Simone's run is forgotten about, the better off Batgirl is.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Wasn't that the problem? A grown woman fighting heavy hitters referring to herself as Batgirl?

This looks fantastic though, great cast.

(Also lol at Canary. Someone destroyed all of her stuff? Sounds like someone's getting a reboot of their own.)
    *Sigh* I didn't say I had a problem with it. I think it's a great idea and probably what Batgirl should have always been. Sometimes I think you just have to say screw it to continuity and move a different direction, but to deny that this is almost like a completely different character seems silly to me. I'm just curious if they will even address it or just move forward

I like the look and feel of it, though generally I favour a more realistic art style. I will probably end up getting it. My only problem with it is how it doesn't seem to fit with how the character has been portrayed so far - it's a bit jarring. Are these storylines going to fit with the grim and gritty ones of the other Bat-books?

Preview? Thats half the frigging comic.

Damn it, i have no will power. Read it and it was pretty good. Certainly different. Can't wait to read the other half.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-15-2014 at 08:42 AM.

How old is Dinah now?
    Pretty weird seeing her hang out with babs in her blatantly less mature aesthetic
    Good preview
    I can see the necessity for a new costume now that all her stuff got stolen
    Hopefully Jason can drop by so I can see what's its like when he's obsessed with instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    In my opinion, it doesn't matter. As far as I'm concerned, this is a clean start and the quicker Simone's run is forgotten about, the better off Batgirl is.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxedo Elf View Post
    I like the look and feel of it, though generally I favour a more realistic art style. I will probably end up getting it. My only problem with it is how it doesn't seem to fit with how the character has been portrayed so far - it's a bit jarring. Are these storylines going to fit with the grim and gritty ones of the other Bat-books?
    Barring Manor and maybe By Midnight, are we even still doing ~grim and gritty~ Bat books?

Unless they're using the Bat logo as a placeholder for Batgirl's own logo in the final product, that's a pretty bold stamp.

Aside from the books that star batman this is the beginning of a new era for the bat line
    I hope James Jr shows up if only to see what a cool kid version of him would look like

Eeh, James Jr. needs to go away for a bit. The last run did a number on him.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm going to give this a go but I'm not as sure as I was about this after reading a couple of pages of the preview. (I didn't want to spoil things to much so that's all I read.) I didn't care for the art but I probably could get used to it though. What bothers me more is that I can't decide if I liked what I read or not and for me that's never a good sign. It was well written I'll give the writer that much but I sort of feel like this "new direction" is a bit to jarring from what went on before. I was hoping that in an effort to make Batgirl more lighthearted then before the writer wouldn't go to the other extreme and it seems that's exactly what happening here. Maybe the rest of the issue will change my mind.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    It's just such a u-turn for the character, who has been dark and grim. It also seems like a de-ageing even if they are going to say its not. Simone was presenting Barbara as a grown woman fighting some heavy hitters, this looks like a young girl fighting frat boys. Again, I think it's a good move, but it looks like they are moving her to the very edge of the Bat-verse as this has an Elseworlds feel to it. It would be like Bruce moving into an apartment building and tussling with guys in track suits - very Hawkeye-ish
    It is doubly jarring because her Dad is in Blackgate...
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 09-15-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Ultimate Member

I didn't like the old direction, so I really don't care if it's "jarring." GOOD, this is how it should have been from the beginning.

I'm fine with the new direction, but I can't get past the art work. Not my cup of tea.

Loved it.
    Especially the use of her photographic memory.

It feels very much like a tv show instead of a comic. When Dinah showed up, I kinda got a Burn Notice vibe.

Love the new look, the new cast... Especially Troy and Frankie.
    And the lighter feel overall.
    Will definitely be getting this.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

After giving it some thought, this is going on my pull list.

Astonishing Member

My favorite thing about this is how dense it is.