Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by mrrightnow View Post
    And yet that's what your post pretty much said: "How can anyone look at this: And say it's not good? It just baffles me. The artwork is beautiful."

If the question was indeed rhetorical, why even post it? Are you trying to police other posters' opinions? And about something as meaningless on whether we disagree on comic book art?
    If I was to say, how can anyone not like this ...?, and get a stupid reply saying everyone has different opinions, I would say the same thing.

He's not literally looking for an answer its just an expression, like "how can anyone not likes this pizza? *guy comes over from other table* "not everyone likes pizza"

its a complement don't get so offended.
    Last edited by napolid; 06-12-2015 at 06:39 PM.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

To those complaining about people complaining about the change of character, it is a pretty major one. The main problem is that previously Barbara had been shown as an angsty, serious, brooding adult. Here it appears she's been de-aged quite a bit and been given a more carefree (and realistic) side to her. To that I say GREAT! It's what the character needs and personally I think it's a brilliant move. But it is definitely a big departure, and I think that is all people are pointing out. But again, GREAT!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    To those complaining about people complaining about the change of character, it is a pretty major one. The main problem is that previously Barbara had been shown as an angsty, serious, brooding adult. Here it appears she's been de-aged quite a bit and been given a more carefree (and realistic) side to her. To that I say GREAT! It's what the character needs and personally I think it's a brilliant move. But it is definitely a big departure, and I think that is all people are pointing out. But again, GREAT!
    Thank you! If this was the way Barbara had been portrayed from the start of the reboot I don't think there would have been a problem and I certainly wouldn't be complaining about it. I could have divorced myself from her pre-reboot character quite easily at that point and moved on with it like I did or at least tried to do with so many others. Unfortunately, she was being portrayed as being more serious and adult just prior to this and since both runs are "in continuity" as far as we know that creates a major problem at least insofar as my ability to suspend my disbelief and to basically "forget" how she was before. To me it's to much of a change to soon with very little transition between the two and I find that very off putting to me. In fact, it's off putting enough that I'm debating whether or not I should keep it on my pull.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    But that charter was pretty much trash. This departure seems way better, and should've been how she was handled since the beginning of the New 52. Like I said already, the quicker we forget Simone's run, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrightnow View Post
    Because people have diffferent opinions. They're allowed. And my opinion is that cartoony, trendy art bites the big one.
    This art is anything but trendy. Trendy art was the terrible Jim Lee/David Finch knock off art that this book was plagued with (and most DC books are plagued with). There is nothing trendy about unique art and interesting layouts.

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    If I was to say, how can anyone not like this ...?, and get a stupid reply saying everyone has different opinions, I would say the say thing.

He's not literally looking for an answer its just an expression, like "how can anyone not likes this pizza? *guy comes over from other table* "not everyone like pizza"

its a complement don't get so offended.
    Nail meet head.

Maybe I didn't need to type it, but it's how I felt at that moment and did type it. It's no big deal.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

is this better than the Gail Simone run?

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedAliGHZ View Post
    It depends on what you liked and disliked about the Simone run.

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedAliGHZ View Post
    Hmm, thats an interesting question. As someone who liked Gail Simone run, and defended it? Im gonna say this is better. Art wise it blows that run out of the water, and overall its just more exciting. Creating Burnside really gives Batgirl her own setting. They manage to cut out a piece of Gotham and mold it for Batgirl, which is a hell of a thing. Also Babs doesn't have to be so damn miserable all the time. Which im not really blaming on Simone, and i don't mind a dark tone or gritty stories, but the character herself became very miserable. Which is something u could tell Simone didn't really want to happen, but happen nonetheless. Plus there was things like the Ricky character, Knightfall, and how they used James Jr.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-12-2015 at 04:36 PM.

I find that it flows better and the art is always consistent. The team definitely have a very clear vision.

I liked Simone's run but it kind of felt a bit disjointed. It had some great ideas but lacked execution.

I think I definitely prefer the new run just because I find it fun but still mature. It's probably one of my favorites on my pull list.

HATED it at first, but it started getting better once I got use to it.

The Master of Panda Power SuperRedPanda's Avatar

I've only just started reading New 52 Batgirl again after stopping when issue 35 came out. The new direction really put me off from what I saw. I recently decided to give the 'Batgirl of Burnside' a go and so far I'm enjoying it. Batgirl #35 was definitely a new approach to the character (as far as New 52 goes) and it seemed to put a few people off, myself included. All I can say is I'm glad I gave it another chance as it's been enjoyable for me so far.