Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MOOT View Post
    if they act like a disease a call them like a disease, but I understand your point. The thing is, I have no power or intent to screw up the hobbies of the SJWs. Gaming journalists that are sjw have done some awful things like :

give near perfect reviews to average games, not for the game mechanics, presentation or plot, but because of certain political views in said games.

Gaming sites have censor the comments and blocked people when they asked about the allegations of corruption.

On agust 28, more that 10 gaming websites launched a obviously coordinated flood of articles about how "gamers are over" and "gamers are dead"
    Name the games that got good reviews because of politics.

The "Gamers Are Dead" article being mentioned on other sites wasn't coordinated. When one site has an interesting piece of news or essay all the other sites cover and copy it, it's the incestuous nature of games journalism.

Ranting about SJWs is going to do nothing to convince people this isn't another lame MRA-type thing. Because it is, anyway.

Seriously, a lot of people need to get off the internet and go talk to a girl.

give near perfect reviews to average games, not for the game mechanics, presentation or plot, but because of certain political views in said games.
    Proof? Also, I'm not seeing the problem here. So they have different priorities as to what makes a game great. So what? If you feel their integrity is under question, then put your trust in reviews that lean more towards your priorities. This isn't different than any other entertainment media.

Gaming sites have censor the comments and blocked people when they asked about the allegations of corruption.
    They own the site, they can choose what they want censored. If you feel that their credibility is to be questioned, then do so. But do it in their site, and they can delete posts or remove posters.

CBR has the same rules. Most forums do.

On agust 28, more that 10 gaming websites launched a obviously coordinated flood of articles about how "gamers are over" and "gamers are dead"
    For the stigma attached to the name, I say they can go ahead and say just that. It doesn't change my gaming habits. Doesn't change who I discuss games with. And if the goal is to make gaming an inclusive hobby that anyone can get into, then more power to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    The "Gamers Are Dead" article being mentioned on other sites wasn't coordinated. When one site has an interesting piece of news or essay all the other sites cover and copy it, it's the incestuous nature of games journalism.
    Hell, it's the incestuous nature of online journalism, period. No easier way to meet your post quota for the day than linkblogging.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

In reference to that article about "Gamer" being dead, I think Gamergate proves it. I've played video games for 32 years, but if the Gamergate guys are gamers then I'm not one. No one outside of their small woman-hating circle would want to share a label with them.

Seriously. If that's what a gamer is, then let it die. Nothing of value will be lost.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Seriously. If that's what a gamer is, then let it die. Nothing of value will be lost.

Astonishing Member

In reference to that article about "Gamer" being dead, I think Gamergate proves it. I've played video games for 32 years, but if the Gamergate guys are gamers then I'm not one. No one outside of their small woman-hating circle would want to share a label with them.
    Yeah pretty much. I mean I've always thought the whole "gamer" identity was weird, because I've never considered myself to be the sum of my hobbies (like I don't even consider myself to be a "comic book reader" anymore than I'm a film watcher or book reader), but in this case specifically, this "bro gamer" crowd essentially took a hobby of mine and made it boring with their bullshit sense of entitlement and misogyny.

*sigh* I've been keeping out of the entire Gamergate mess. Nothing good is coming from it, on either side. So I really have no opinion on it.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

adam baldwin...now there's an endorsement for rationality...lol

Because game reviews are totally not subjective. There's only one way to score a game and it has nothing to do with what a person likes, dislikes, or finds important in a game! /sarcasm

Ranting about SJWs is going to do nothing to convince people this isn't another lame MRA-type thing. Because it is, anyway.

Seriously, a lot of people need to get off the internet and go talk to a girl.
    Gah! Please don't send those dudes our way. Every woman is different, but I feel safe in saying that most of us would like to talk with people who view us as people, not real life fleshlights or a cancer on society.

Maybe you could make up some kind of dummy that looked like a girl, and they could talk to it. Sort of like how the road runner would trick the coyote into making out with his own deathtrap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    If anything, comics already had their own version of #GamerGate. That's the reason why there's such a white straight male majority in terms of creators and formerly of consumers as well.
    And why the forums were rebooted.

I mean yeah, comics and gaming culture are similar in all the wrong ways. Going back to my earlier post in this thread, I think when you label an identity around a hobby, which seems to be the case in both comics and games, it's done to exclude other people and other influences, which makes this really messed up, insular, and ignorant community.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Heh, very amusing thread.

"Come join our pocket of deluded insularity!"

"No."
    "Bleh."
    "Ew, get out of here with that nonsense!"

So...**sniffle**...proud.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

if they act like a disease a call them like a disease, but I understand your point. The thing is, I have no power or intent to screw up the hobbies of the SJWs. Gaming journalists that are sjw have done some awful things like :
    Okay, most journalism nowadays is ****, lets try to apply this to comics.

This doesn't seem to be happening in comics and if it was, no one would care.

Again this appears not to be happening here or in some other comic website. IGN comic reviews are probably the most honest critics on the site. They regularly give big event titles poor reviews.

Again, I really do not see a parallel here.

Still I am not sure what you want, Marvel comics is basically Tumblr in comic form. Its movies are loved there (despite being cis white power fantasies!) and comic wise Marvel is all about diversity now. Here we have the merging SJW ideology and the medium itself to such a degree unfound in the video game world.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Gosh, that does sound awful.