Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: "Captain Marvel" Celebrates 100 Issues in December

Carol Danvers hits 100 (combined total) solo issues with "Captain Marvel" #10, an oversized issue by Kelly Sue DeConnick and David Lopez.

Full article here.

BANNED

Well, if it worked for She-Hulk and Spider-girl (MC-2), then it can work for Carol Danvers. Here's to 100 issues and here is hoping for more.

I get summing up legacy numbering for titles that have essential always been ongoing despite renumbering or rebranding, i.e Amazing Spider-man, Fantastic Four, Uncanny X-Men, but when theres literally been years between published volumes it seems kinda hokey. :/
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 09-15-2014 at 11:21 AM.

EEEEEEEEE THEY REMEMBERED!

And I'll never stop marking out for callback covers! Been a while since Carol had that treatment and last time it was a Marvel Zombies-themed variant that didn't kick quite as much ass as this one.

Woo hoo!

Though in all seriousness, you could argue that Captain Marvel #10 is her 104th. The Brian Reed series had it's "Giant Size Ms. Marvel" intro issue, plus an annual, plus two one-shots that looks like they aren't being included in the math. I guess it's 100 numbered issues, not counting miscellany.

... but anyway, it's an awesome milestone for any character to hit, regardless of the nitty gritty math details. Yay Carol!
    Last edited by lilyinblue; 09-15-2014 at 11:20 AM.

BANNED

That is really reaching for a milestone.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Woo hoo!

Though in all seriousness, you could argue that Captain Marvel #10 is her 104th. The Brian Reed series it's "Giant Size Ms. Marvel" intro issue, plus an annual, plus two one-shots that looks like they aren't being included in the math. I guess it's 100 numbered issues, not counting miscellany.

... but anyway, it's an awesome milestone for any character to hit, regardless of the nitty gritty math details. Yay Carol!
    Still better than Ultimate Spider-Man 200.

And about the news, great, they remember it! The cover is cool, can't wait for this!

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Yup. That's wot I thought as well...and I love the character. It's as though they look for any excuse to increase the price on us.

It's probably just me but, it would be more meaningful if it was 100 consecutive issues.
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 09-15-2014 at 11:30 AM.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Yup. That's wot I thought as well...and I love the character. It's as though they look for any excuse to increase the price on us.

It's probably just me but, it would be more meaningful if it was 100 consecutive issues.
    I can see them trying to get the sales and I didn't even notice the price increase. It can't be the 100th issue of Ms. Marvel because everyone hates that name for Carol now and consider it as obsolete as everything else I used to like about her, it can't even be the 100th anniversary of when Carol first showed up because she was around before she was Ms. Marvel. They want to do something to justify the price increase I guess this is as good a reason as any. Well I hope it works for them.

Huh, I didn't see this coming at all. Not even in the back of my mind. But I'm glad she getting the attention, and hopefully it will be a really good issue. Besides, the cover is pretty awesome.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Can Marvel retired that ghastly faux-hawk helmet. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?!

Spectacular Member

Yup. Pretty shameless.

And yet this is from the same company that feels it'd be a "disservice to filmgoers" for them to publish any Big Hero 6 material to conincide with the movie?

Yeah, right . . . as if that were the true reason.

BANNED

Wow Carol, only took you 4 cancellations! Congrats, everyone clearly loves you! Hopefully you play with your cat some more in this spectacular anniversary issue! Maybe you'll knit Chewie a commemorative sweater even!

I can see them trying to get the sales and I didn't even notice the price increase. It can't be the 100th issue of Ms. Marvel because everyone hates that name for Carol now and consider it as obsolete as everything else I used to like about her, it can't even be the 100th anniversary of when Carol first showed up because she was around before she was Ms. Marvel. They want to do something to justify the price increase I guess this is as good a reason as any. Well I hope it works for them.
    It's the 100th issue of Carol Danvers as a solo character, regardless of the name she uses.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Can Marvel retired that ghastly faux-hawk helmet. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?!
    I like the helmet. And Jamie McKelvie thought it was a good idea, and he's probably got the best fashion sense of all comic artists. I seriously want him to be the one who designs all costumes from now on. And it's not just because of Captain Marvel's uniform, either - the guy's just got a fantastic design sense.

Spectacular Member

A lot of you guys are saying "its just so they can increase the price on us" like they're not also increasing the page count...