Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    And then there's this scene: it's why I love Superman, it's why I love Pre-Crisis DC and Earth-Two in particular: Kal-L, the original Superman

Thanks for sharing that memory Kurosawa. Oh I wish Kal-L was back.
    Last edited by Mister BoMan; 05-17-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I've never seen the All-Star adaptation. How much was removed/changed?
    Jimmy's big day, the Superman Squad story, Bizarro World and big chunks of issue 10 are out. Instead of Bizarro World taking Superman off planet for Bar-El and Lilo, he's off placing Kandor on another planet (the movie's more inconsistent than the comic about Superman's power--they note the increase at the beginning, but he says taking Kandor to its new home will take longer because of his condition), and the ending regarding the formation of the Superman Dynasty is significantly altered. Also one very odd change where, when Solaris begs Superman for mercy, instead of "You'll live", Superman says "I don't know if I have any left", which is...wow. Don't even know where to start there.

All-in-all, despite some stellar voicework by Anthony LaPaglia as Lex Luthor (offset by James Denton's perpetually annoyed and exhausted sounding Superman) and a good soundtrack, it was a weak effort unbefitting of the material. Still, I'd be willing to check it out again with the Grant Morrison commentary.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Jimmy's big day, the Superman Squad story, Bizarro World and big chunks of issue 10 are out. Instead of Bizarro World taking Superman off planet for Bar-El and Lilo, he's off placing Kandor on another planet (the movie's more inconsistent than the comic about Superman's power--they note the increase at the beginning, but he says taking Kandor to its new home will take longer because of his condition), and the ending regarding the formation of the Superman Dynasty is significantly altered. Also one very odd change where, when Solaris begs Superman for mercy, instead of "You'll live", Superman says "I don't know if I have any left", which is...wow. Don't even know where to start there.

All-in-all, despite some stellar voicework by Anthony LaPaglia as Lex Luthor (offset by James Denton's perpetually annoyed and exhausted sounding Superman) and a good soundtrack, it was a weak effort unbefitting of the material. Still, I'd be willing to check it out again with the Grant Morrison commentary.
    So they cut out Superman traveling back in time and spending a final moment with Pa Kent? A pity, that was one of my favorite moments from AS Supes.

Lois has been kidnapped by the Parasite. While searching for her Batman is surrounded by thugs. He's ready to kick ass when Superman stumbles thru the door agonizing from kryptonite poisoning. The thugs drop their weapons and trip over each other so they can help the man of steel

BANNED

I've never seen the All-Star adaptation. How much was removed/changed?
    Remember the part where Superman met the many different versions of himself? Another good part of the book that was cut.

The fight against the Sand Superman, where I Ching shows them what would happen if they fought. Superman's reaction to the destruction of the planet and his resolve to have his powers permanently lowered was a defining moment to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Lois has been kidnapped by the Parasite. While searching for her Batman is surrounded by thugs. He's ready to kick ass when Superman stumbles thru the door agonizing from kryptonite poisoning. The thugs drop their weapons and trip over each other so they can help the man of steel
    That whole issue of Action was 1 long great Worlds Finest moment.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

From Garth "The Boys" Ennis of all people:

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

From Garth "The Boys" Ennis of all people:

That issue is amazing on its own. The fact that a dude who hates superheroes as much as Ennis wrote it makes it even better.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I was disappointed when that wasn't adapted into the animated movie.
    It was the one thing that I was hoping to see animated, with how much it affected me when I first read it. Alas...
    I still like the movie, but a few good moments from the comics got cut.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    That issue is amazing on its own. The fact that a dude who hates superheroes as much as Ennis wrote it makes it even better.
    Don't forget the follow up:

BANNED

Also, just for fun, the time he tried out for the JL:

I don't have a scan of it, but my favorite moment is from Action Comics #583 when Superman walks into the room of Kryptonite and relinquishes his powers forever.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post

Also, just for fun, the time he tried out for the JL:
    That was pretty funny

Despite contrary belief Garth Ennis has a soft spot for Superman.

Anyway I dunno why but when Superman defeated Prime that was the moment he became my favorite hero.