Page 756 of 945 FirstFirst ... 256656706746752753754755756757758759760766806856 ... LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,340 of 14170

Wow, I've been gone for a while and I see that I missed a lot.
    So what exactly is going on with this bug? And anything else new besides the missions.

If I know what the bug is, I can update my game and see if I have it or not....
    SHSO Name: Masked Traveler Seamstress
    Signature Hero: Storm/Mohawk Storm
    Squad Level:1800+

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedTraveler View Post
    Wow, I've been gone for a while and I see that I missed a lot.
    So what exactly is going on with this bug? And anything else new besides the missions.

If I know what the bug is, I can update my game and see if I have it or not....
    Your achievements will all be at zero, some other symptoms some people have but not everyone, are not being able to click the hotspots, change heroes, load card games, not getting your daily tokens in zones.
    SHSO - Fighting Raven
    Squad Level: 4700+

Do you guys think everyone is working on Marvel Heroes, and people are working on Hero Up that have no idea what they're doing? NOT to be mean, but it seems like nobody knows what they're doing at this point. I know games are complicated, but what could possibly be causing all these problems
    Squad: Shocking Frost Ninja My brothers Squad: Famous Storm Arrow say Hello if you see us!

Quote Originally Posted by millsfan View Post
    Do you guys think everyone is working on Marvel Heroes, and people are working on Hero Up that have no idea what they're doing? NOT to be mean, but it seems like nobody knows what they're doing at this point. I know games are complicated, but what could possibly be causing all these problems
    Currently, Marvel Heroes is going through a big celebration for the games anniversary. I believe it just finishing the celebration now. I joined a couple months ago and all though the game was very cool, I found my self not playing much and uninstalled it. I'll just stay with hero up for now..
    SHSO Name: Masked Traveler Seamstress
    Signature Hero: Storm/Mohawk Storm
    Squad Level:1800+

Quote Originally Posted by millsfan View Post
    I remember a good while back, well before Recharge, there was a period when there were some serious problems in the game - people weren't even able to log in, or if they did get in they were getting kicked out within seconds, or were getting into a game enough to start a mission and then getting kicked out half way through. You probably recall that too, Millsfan. They had a whole bunch of people working on the problems and it still took them a good while to solve the issue - and this was at a time when SHSO seemed well resourced, maybe more so than now. I certainly remember sending in my game logs at that time, too. But those earlier type of bugs rarely occur now, for the most part they've been sorted.

These latest bugs all seem to stem from when the max level was raised to 40. These games are highly complex, solutions can't be found overnight. But I get the sense from Scott that there's a real determination within Gaz to sort out the current bugs, so I suggest we just do whatever is asked of us and hopefully this week will see the back of this latest set of bugs. All of us seem to be able to do most stuff we want to do in the game after resorting to a few tricks like going into our achivements first, so at least that is a whole lot better than being kicked out of the game immediately after logging in!
    SHSO Squad Names: Serene Psionic Count (Agent); Cosmic Night Mentor (non-Agent); Incredible Mechanical Fisher (surprise new non-Agent account!) Midnight Terrifying Gnat (Mission-Munching 8-year-son Helmer's account)

Is everyone with issues using a Dell? The two computers I tried are both Dell's and someone else mentioned it too...
    SHSO - Fighting Raven

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Is everyone with issues using a Dell? The two computers I tried are both Dell's and someone else mentioned it too...
    I play with a ThinkPad and an HP PC with no game stopping problems. I'll send game logs so that the Gaz folks can see on which PCs the game works fine.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

OK, I may be on to something. My nephew was over here today and he was on the official Lego site. He downloaded "My City" which is a Unity based game, and it downloaded a version of Unity. This immediately caused my computer to stop running SHSO the right way. I got the dreaded unable to switch characters bug! I believe the error to be caused from multiple instances of Unity on the same computer!
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    OK, I may be on to something. My nephew was over here today and he was on the official Lego site. He downloaded "My City" which is a Unity based game, and it downloaded a version of Unity. This immediately caused my computer to stop running SHSO the right way. I got the dreaded unable to switch characters bug! I believe the error to be caused from multiple instances of Unity on the same computer!
    I have a very fresh Windows 7 Pro install.
    I went to ./webplayer/setup and nuked all the cached files.
    I then nuked all vestiges of Unity, uninstalled, scoured the registry for anything Unity and nuked it, rebooted.
    I went to Unity's website, installed webplayer from there with UAC off, and full admin rights.
    I went to HeroUp.com and installed files from "Download Files" button (not from in game).

I'm still bugged

And yes, I have a Dell (not sure if it's relevant, but I'll offer that up all the same).

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    How were you able to identify you had multiple instances? In the add/remove programs? Also could you tell if they were different versions? Did you remove the older or newer instance?
    SHSO - Fighting Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Oyjord View Post
    I have a very fresh Windows 7 Pro install.
    I went to ./webplayer/setup and nuked all the cached files.
    I then nuked all vestiges of Unity, uninstalled, scoured the registry for anything Unity and nuked it, rebooted.
    I went to Unity's website, installed webplayer from there with UAC off, and full admin rights.
    I went to HeroUp.com and installed files from "Download Files" button (not from in game).

I'm still bugged

And yes, I have a Dell (not sure if it's relevant, but I'll offer that up all the same).
    That's a lot of what I have tried too, from clean install on a new laptop, to cleaning the old machine down to the registry and re-installing... Oh well, going to try wiping all unity from it again based on what Spy experienced.
    SHSO - Fighting Raven

Spectacular Member GUARDIAN_ALPHA-FLIGHT's Avatar

This just got interesting.

Dell computer theory seems to be the most logical (4 people with the problem have reported they are using Dell computers) but Centrurian says problem began when Unity was used for another purpose. Centrurian are you using a Dell?

I like mysteries/puzzles, this forum is almost as exciting as this weekends fractal boost!
    SHSO: Volcanic Lancer Hydra - Fav Hero: Guardian - Currently Most Played: Carnage

I am not on a Dell, I have an iMac. I still have the glitch, and the instructions Scott gave me looked like they were getting me somewhere, under the Logs folder didn't have Unity in there at all. Im not really getting anywhere with this lol
    Squad: Shocking Frost Ninja My brothers Squad: Famous Storm Arrow say Hello if you see us!

I just tried this:
    Deleted all cache from unity web site
    Uninstalled unity web player from add/remove programs
    deleted all unity folders from appdata and subfolders
    deleted all references to unity from registry
    re-booted
    re-installed unity web player
    created new SHS account
    downloaded game files
    Hit play now and...
    ... same problems.

I've tried turning off the AV, disabling the firewall, different browsers, different machines, different accounts... Don't know what else I can possibly try.
    SHSO - Fighting Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Dell can't be the problem - sure, the laptop on which I'm experiencing problems on all my accounts is a Dell, but my partner's laptop on which I'm experiencing absolutely no problems at all on all my acccounts is also a Dell!

That's what makes me think this bug is also not account-specific. I mean, as well as being able to play my own two accounts and my boy Helmer's account on my partner's laptop, I'm able to play my son's British friend's account, which I set up for her when visiting in the UK but which has no connection to my other accounts. Yet back on my own laptop, bang, the bugs are there for that account also.

Actually, I haven't checked to see if the new acccount I set up on Scott's request, which was bugged on my own laptop, is bug-free on my partner's laptop. I'll report back when I've had a chance to check!

Otherwise, I think everyone who is experiencing bugs and has the opportunity should log into their SHSO accounts on as many different computers as possible, to see if their accounts are bug-free when accessing SHSO on different hardware. Because this seems to me more and more like a software/hardware interaction effect, something to do with, as Spy suggests, the profile of Unity on a particular computer. My memory is that I didn't get the bugs straight away - other people were reporting them on this forum, and I was thinking I was lucky not to get bugged - and then bam, they hit, but after a few days, maybe a week. Now, what did I do in that interval to invite the bugs on board?!

EDIT: Just checked - the new account I set up is bug-free on my partner's laptop!
    Last edited by Crazy_Sean; 06-27-2015 at 10:43 PM.
    SHSO Squad Names: Serene Psionic Count (Agent); Cosmic Night Mentor (non-Agent); Incredible Mechanical Fisher (surprise new non-Agent account!) Midnight Terrifying Gnat (Mission-Munching 8-year-son Helmer's account)