Page 620 of 945 FirstFirst ... 120520570610616617618619620621622623624630670720 ... LastLast
Results 9,286 to 9,300 of 14170
    Smashing Colossus Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Enraged Arrow Enforcer View Post
    I play a variety of games Lego, Destiny, Halo, SHSO, and Assassins Creed.
    Do you play Destiny on PS3?

Apparently they forgot the put Carnage as a villain, he's not allowed to play Bring On the Bad Guys and When Titans Clash.

And why are you guys thinking he'll be boxed later? Carnage is 800 Gold, the Out of the Box sale is 1000 Gold, just don't make sense to me.
    Squad Name: Roaming Colossus Lion
    Squad Level: 7K+
    Achievement Points: 38K+

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Colossus Lion View Post
    Apparently they forgot the put Carnage as a villain, he's not allowed to play Bring On the Bad Guys and When Titans Clash.

And why are you guys thinking he'll be boxed later? Carnage is 800 Gold, the Out of the Box sale is 1000 Gold, just don't make sense to me.
    Hopefully you sent a ticket in for the villain omittance (how is that a misspelling CBR?).

I can't imagine Carnage being only for gold...so I'm inclined to think he is going to be boxed. Which choice do you think?

1. Carnage only available for 800 Gold.
    2. Carnage available for 800 Gold/ 8000 Fractals next week.
    3. Carnage goes into Mystery Box after "Out of the Box" sale ends.
    4. Carnage becomes giveaway with year or 6 month membership or with gold MTX (micro-transaction).
    5. Carnage becomes 'fractal sink' (think IM Midas).
    6. Carnage awarded in new in-zone contest grab (think Spider-Man Noir).
    7. Other.
    8. Carnage linked to the Achievement system. (As suggested by Alejandro on FB).

With more than half of it's players outside of the US, I would find it strange if Gaz didn't find some way to make one of the more popular villains available to all...

Unless...all those new job titles for credit marketing on LinkedIn is because Gaz has an upcoming payment form we don't know about. Didn't they just get rid of Google Wallet, though? Or that may be part of it...
    Last edited by CenturianSpy; 02-27-2015 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Added #8
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    Hopefully you sent a ticket in for the villain omittance (how is that a misspelling CBR?).

I can't imagine Carnage being only for gold...so I'm inclined to think he is going to be boxed. Which choice do you think?

1. Carnage only available for 800 Gold.
    2. Carnage available for 800 Gold/ 8000 Fractals next week.
    3. Carnage goes into Mystery Box after "Out of the Box" sale ends.
    4. Carnage becomes giveaway with year or 6 month membership or with gold MTX (micro-transaction).
    5. Carnage becomes 'fractal sink' (think IM Midas).
    6. Carnage awarded in new in-zone contest grab (think Spider-Man Noir).
    7. Other.
    8. Carnage linked to the Achievement system. (As suggested by Alejandro on FB).

With more than half of it's players outside of the US, I would find it strange if Gaz didn't find some way to make one of the more popular villains available to all...

Unless...all those new job titles for credit marketing on LinkedIn is because Gaz has an upcoming payment form we don't know about. Didn't they just get rid of Google Wallet, though? Or that may be part of it...
    I already sent a ticket

I think they'll keep him as gold only! If he was part of the out of the box sale, he should have be 1000 Gold like the others no? Why he would be cheaper if he's the last one, and he's very OP

If they put him for 8000 Fractals is kind of a disrespect to us members, because the advantage of being a member is the 4x more fractals, and I would not like to spend gold for early access when the hero will come later for fractals

I think they'll keep him as gold only! If he was part of the out of the box sale, he should have be 1000 Gold like the others no? Why he would be cheaper if he's the last one, and he's very OP

If they put him for 8000 Fractals is kind of a disrespect to us members, because the advantage of being a member is the 4x more fractals, and I would not like to spend gold for early access when the hero will come later for fractals
    I'll be upset if he comes out for fractals next week...unless it is a ridiculous amount ("fractal sink"). I just can't believe that Gaz will anger over half of their customers by not giving them an option to get him...which a gold only squaddie in effect does...ESPECIALLY how popular this character is.

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

I'll be upset if he comes out for fractals next week...unless it is a ridiculous amount ("fractal sink"). I just can't believe that Gaz will anger over half of their customers by not giving them an option to get him...which a gold only squaddie in effect does...ESPECIALLY how popular this character is.
    Iron Spider is very popular

The same thing happened with Agent Venom, Spy. He was super popular, heavily requested and when he was released as an Agent-Only hero it was "unfair" for the rest of the players.

My guess is that Gaz took resources from other characters to fast track Carnage, making him expensive to develop. I think he will be gold-only and (for me), that's fair.
    SHSO Name: Venusian Iguana Hat
    Squad Level:4500+

I saved up some gold before the recharge happened, so even though I'm not an agent I have enough gold to buy Carnage. I'll have to wait until next week to see what happens with him. With the gold I have I probably won't be able to buy another "gold only" character after him, but he's worth it.
    Believe, Always Believe.
    You should enjoy the little detours in life, to the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things, more important than what you want. (Ging Freecs)
    SHSO IGN: The Chrome Dragon. Lvl: 3500+

I dont see any issues with him being for gold only, he is really nice and gold is really cheap to purchase now. 10 bucks gives you carnage and a sidekick box.
    Squad: Serene Work Major
    Squad Level: 5000+

Great Supervillain

From a business standpoint, foreign players are not customers if they cannot legally or logistically perform transactions. As neutral entities, they shouldn't even factor into any game decisions. As a domestic product, all efforts should be made to maximize domestic sales. One paying customer from the USA is worth a whole lot more than a million casual players in Azerbaijan, so long as player contributions from Azerbaijan remain at $0.

I still say Carnage's gold cost is a combination of development cost, popularity, and managing liability. Anyone who has read Axis should know that the only thing more disturbing than Carnage being a villain is Carnage trying to be a hero. Which is cool if you're, say, 10 years old or older, but the character is intense for a younger audience and maybe not someone you want to freely hand out to just anyone.

Past that, just watching Carnage's visual effects for 10 seconds should justify his cost. It's probably the most beautiful programming work in the game. When it really brings the character to life like it does on Carnage, it's work I'm willing to pay a premium for.

Wasn't there always planned to be some content that will be exclusively available with gold? I seem to recall that being said after the whole fractal relaunch and I have no problem with that at all. Oh and USA aren't the only paying customers.
    SHSO - Fighting Raven
    Squad Level: 4700+

Iron Spider is very popular
    Not nearly as popular as Carnage, but a fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmaicol View Post
    The same thing happened with Agent Venom, Spy. He was super popular, heavily requested and when he was released as an Agent-Only hero it was "unfair" for the rest of the players. My guess is that Gaz took resources from other characters to fast track Carnage, making him expensive to develop. I think he will be gold-only and (for me), that's fair.
    Again...Carnage is way more popular than Agent Venom, but a fair point, too. I also think it is "fair" that he is gold-only...those of you on here should know my pro-'more-benefits-for-subbers' stand by now. My concern is that we have seen LESS forms of payments made available since "Recharge" (with the subtraction of Google Wallet). I, like most of you if not all, want MORE paying players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I saved up some gold before the recharge happened, so even though I'm not an agent I have enough gold to buy Carnage. I'll have to wait until next week to see what happens with him. With the gold I have I probably won't be able to buy another "gold only" character after him, but he's worth it.
    Without question he's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by spideyman View Post
    I dont see any issues with him being for gold only, he is really nice and gold is really cheap to purchase now. 10 bucks gives you carnage and a sidekick box.
    Agreed. I want MORE players to have that buying opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Enforcer View Post
    From a business standpoint, foreign players are not customers if they cannot legally or logistically perform transactions. As neutral entities, they shouldn't even factor into any game decisions. As a domestic product, all efforts should be made to maximize domestic sales. One paying customer from the USA is worth a whole lot more than a million casual players in Azerbaijan, so long as player contributions from Azerbaijan remain at $0.

I still say Carnage's gold cost is a combination of development cost, popularity, and managing liability. Anyone who has read Axis should know that the only thing more disturbing than Carnage being a villain is Carnage trying to be a hero. Which is cool if you're, say, 10 years old or older, but the character is intense for a younger audience and maybe not someone you want to freely hand out to just anyone.

Past that, just watching Carnage's visual effects for 10 seconds should justify his cost. It's probably the most beautiful programming work in the game. When it really brings the character to life like it does on Carnage, it's work I'm willing to pay a premium for.
    Welcome aboard, Iron Enforcer (or back if you're the old Iron Enforcer before the CBR scorched Earth). I think more young players know him from the Spidey cartoons than the comicbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Wasn't there always planned to be some content that will be exclusively available with gold? I seem to recall that being said after the whole fractal relaunch and I have no problem with that at all. Oh and USA aren't the only paying customers.
    Gaz did mention some exclusive gold-only content after "Recharge". Sorry not to include the other countries where payments were available...still the non-paying countries outnumber us. AND that is bad for SHSO.

*EDIT: Speaking on alternative payments, has anyone seen the game cards that were mentioned to be carried at Walgreens?
    Last edited by CenturianSpy; 02-27-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

My concern is that we have seen LESS forms of payments made available since "Recharge" (with the subtraction of Google Wallet). I, like most of you if not all, want MORE paying players.

I want MORE players to have that buying opportunity.
    I didn't notice Google Wallet was taken off, using PayPal myself. I'm really curious about the distribution of blocked/unblocked countries, because sometimes neighboring countries form such a pair. I'm lucky the Philippines is unblocked while Malaysia unfortunately is.

What other feasible online payments are there that Gazillion can make use of?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The Guy From ComicList Charles LePage's Avatar

Speaking on alternative payments, has anyone seen the game cards that were mentioned to be carried at Walgreens?
    I didn't hear of them until your post, but I will look tomorrow at my local Walgreens for them.
    SHSO Squad: Squire Valiant Snail

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I didn't notice Google Wallet was taken off, using PayPal myself. I'm really curious about the distribution of blocked/unblocked countries, because sometimes neighboring countries form such a pair. I'm lucky the Philippines is unblocked while Malaysia unfortunately is.

What other feasible online payments are there that Gazillion can make use of?
    There was talk about utilizing eBay and Amazon gift cards. But, expanding what credit cards people can use should be a top priority. I don't know how other countries' credit laws prevent them buying gold/memberships. It seems silly to me that someone who owns a Mastercard or Visa in India can't buy a membership. Surely there are banks, if not the credit card companies themselves, to escrow these transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles LePage View Post
    I didn't hear of them until your post, but I will look tomorrow at my local Walgreens for them.
    Thanks, I'm going to check tomorrow, too (I guess weekly Walgreen's visits are part of our age group's lives). Kristina mentioned them on a FF.
    Last edited by CenturianSpy; 02-27-2015 at 07:17 PM.