Page 618 of 945 FirstFirst ... 118518568608614615616617618619620621622628668718 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 14170

Quote Originally Posted by shoohman View Post
    I hope that they will give us the option to buy him for fractals
    this is too much
    first the v-day
    second out of the box sale and now carnage
    If the sale was succesful so why sell carnage for gold only
    everyone that live outside USA can't get him because they want money and we can't buy or earn gold
    this isn't fair
    I'm sure that the from mystery box sell they gain big income
    It seems like Gazillion needs money fast. In their other game, Marvel Heroes, they recently tried releasing limited edition costumes, where only a set number (around 2,000) costumes would ever be available. They were going to sell for about $15 each, but the idea had an extremely negative reception by the players and was cancelled.

Emperor Iridescent Wolf cpinheir's Avatar

I am going to assume that the 'gold only for hero' thing will only be an occasional thing. If they make it a more regular thing, I will not be happy. I had a year membership which ended recently, and midway through that they changed currency from gold-centric to fractal-centric. As a result of this, my 4000+ gold income per month went down to 500 gold/month. Which was OK by me, as long as the heroes were mostly obtainable with fractals. But if all future heroes were to be gold only, that would be quite unfair to members who originally paid a years membership thinking they were getting 4000+ gold a month. I have a large fractal stockpile, mostly due to the last half of my year's membership....not being able to purchase heroes with them anymore would render them mostly useless.
    Last edited by cpinheir; 02-26-2015 at 02:29 PM.
    SHSO squad name: Emperor Iridescent Wolf
    Squad Level: 8544
    ACH Points: 27350

Quote Originally Posted by cpinheir View Post
    I am going to assume that the 'gold only for hero' thing will only be an occasional thing. If they make it a more regular thing, I will not be happy. I had a year membership which ended recently, and midway through that the changed currency from gold-centric to fractal-centric. As a result of this, my 4000+ gold income per month went down to 500 gold/month. Which was OK by me, as long as the heroes were mostly obtainable with fractals. But if all future heroes were to be gold only, that would be quite unfair to members who originally paid a years membership thinking they were getting 4000+ gold a month. I have a large fractal stockpile, mostly due to the last half of my year's membership....not being able to purchase heroes with them anymore would render them mostly useless.
    I don't mind the occasional gold only hero...or bundle. The gold bundles were very nice.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Yes, I agree, occasional would be OK....I'm just hoping that gaz's apparent need for cash doesn't drive them to make it a more regular thing. The bundles were fine...the Guardians bundle was a perfect example. They offered that for gold, but then later offered the heroes separately for fractals. Unless I missed something, this is the first time since they changed currency that a gold-only single hero (Carnage) was released.

If they do switch back to heroes only being purchased by gold, then they can take all my fractals back and give me in exchange the 4000+ gold I would have earned each month during the last half of my year membership. That would be fair.
    Last edited by cpinheir; 02-26-2015 at 02:38 PM.

I'm hoping that since Carnage arrived on the heels of the 'Out Of The Box' sale, his 800 gold price tag is simply a 'pre-order' to get him before he is in a Mystery Box. It better not be the beginning of slowly reverting back to the old/pre-fractal currency system. I guess the extremely (and a huge emphasis on that) occasional individual character being for gold only is ok...but really, only if they've up and decided that the pre-order bundles were, for some strange reason, a bad idea and we're not going to see them anymore. But if there still are pre-order bundles to eventually come, then that is definitely what I am saving my gold for and as I've been doing anyway. Really, REALLY hope that Carnage's gold-only price tag is temporary and tied into a new plan for the box characters' 'Early Access' to be getting them before they're officially boxed.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Quote Originally Posted by shoohman View Post
    I hope that they will give us the option to buy him for fractals
    this is too much
    first the v-day
    second out of the box sale and now carnage
    If the sale was succesful so why sell carnage for gold only
    everyone that live outside USA can't get him because they want money and we can't buy or earn gold
    this isn't fair
    I'm sure that the from mystery box sell they gain big income
    Completely agreed. I cannot deny, I even wanted to buy gold too because of that sale and my maniacal desire to buy AU Ultron, but I saw, HOW MUCH it will cost for me and abandoned that idea. Truly, so many only-gold sales are not fair. I thought Carnage will be a craft hero of a box one. *sigh*
    And in fact I wanted to see Loki or Enchantress. After all, it is Asgard theme in the game.
    So I am a bit dissappointed, it seems that Gaz just want to obtain a loooot of money and they don't care about players' wishes and possibilities.

Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    He's definitely one of the most powerful characters in the game now. Triple buffs (dmg, health, speed) on his P2, and a Hero Up that does big dmg multiple times in all directions and at long range. His combo isn't excessively powerful (at least at level 10 where mine is now), but strong enough and flows smoothly. Oh, and didn't mention that when you do the P2, it damages and knocks back anyone on top of you while you're buffing.

Great, fun character to play!
    Squad Name: The Smasher Robot
    Favorite Marvel Character: Hulk
    Most-often Played Character: Pirate Deadpool
    Real Life Hobby: Coffee Roasting/Obsessing

I was just thinking, if gaz really is currently in a cash crunch, it's probably due to the fact that they essentially started giving almost everything for free when they switched to fractals as currency. When they made that change last year, while I was happy that they made the game more affordable for the players, I wondered how they could possibly cope with the potential loss of income. IMO, I think a better way to go would have been something like this:

1) scrap the tickets and prize wheel (which they did)
    2) forget about fractals. a waste of development time.
    3) keep the gold system as is....although w/o prize wheel more gold has to be automatically awarded per month to compensate.
    4) *gradually* change the older heroes to be purchasable with silver....for instance, when a new hero comes out, make the currently oldest gold hero available for silver.

listen guys
    If carnage is box charcter so its ok that he is part of the sale
    but if he will stay like that after the sale will end so we are in problem
    I thouht that only bundles or box charcters can be paid for gold only
    The v day sale was sold in bundles because they wanted to sell you the male and the female together and not alone
    this is box charcters sale but forretired hero out of the bundle they won't ask gold?right?I mean in future sales

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

I got myself carnage with the gold I had saved up and Juggernaut before the sale ends. He is pretty fun to play

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Prime View Post
    I got myself carnage with the gold I had saved up and Juggernaut before the sale ends. He is pretty fun to play
    Not sure which one you were referring to when you said he's fun to play, but in either case - agreed!

Still leveling up Carnage so full potential hasn't been reached yet, but he's a lot of fun and pretty intuitive, smooth gameplay with him. Juggernaut is definitely my favorite character to play and just wrecks stuff. Not the best for survivals (at least solo), due to lack of a self-heal, but for normal missions, he's a heckuva lot of fun to play.
    Squad Name: The Smasher Robot
    Favorite Marvel Character: Hulk
    Most-often Played Character: Pirate Deadpool
    Real Life Hobby: Coffee Roasting/Obsessing

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

yah I meant Carnage haha, I haven't tried Juggy yet.

There's going to be a bonus XP weekend for all the symbiotes (Agent Venom, Anti-Venom, Black Suit Spider-Man, Carnage, and Venom) from February 27 to March 1.

Spectacular Member GUARDIAN_ALPHA-FLIGHT's Avatar

I wasn't to excited for Carnage but I got him anyways, anybody on the fence wondering if he is worth it, the answer to that is, yes.

He is awesome.
    SHSO: Volcanic Lancer Hydra - Fav Hero: Guardian - Currently Most Played: Carnage