Page 932 of 945 FirstFirst ... 432832882922928929930931932933934935936942 ... LastLast
Results 13,966 to 13,980 of 14170

OK, so I downloaded Firefox, downloaded the game files, and logged in and - yep, the log in screen stuck on 76% and that was that. Exactly the same as what happened when I tried to get a friend's kid into SHSO on his new laptop. So come on, I know some of you guys are way more computer-savvy than I am: is there no way that I can get into SHSO on my swanky new Windows 10 laptop?

As it is, my current laptop is starting to get a bit huffy-puffy when playing SHSO these days - half an hour and I have to log out for five minutes, or the game starts to become unreliable, not getting into missions, not being able to move zones, etc.
    SHSO Squad Names: Serene Psionic Count (Agent); Cosmic Night Mentor (non-Agent); Incredible Mechanical Fisher (surprise new non-Agent account!) Midnight Terrifying Gnat (Mission-Munching 8-year-son Helmer's account)

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Sean View Post
    Is there no way that I can get into SHSO on my swanky new Windows 10 laptop?
    The only Windows 10 we have is on my mom's laptop, and no it doesn't have SHSO. I think Win 10 compatibility was mentioned either here or at the SHSO FB page.
    As it is, my current laptop is starting to get a bit huffy-puffy when playing SHSO these days - half an hour and I have to log out for five minutes, or the game starts to become unreliable, not getting into missions, not being able to move zones, etc.
    Eh, that's seriously crimping your gameplay. The game takes longer to load on my 4-year old laptop but still playable, and of course it's better on the newer laptop. My golly, four accounts listed on your sig? I got all my heroes to 26 and my squad level is now 6169, and I'm groaning at the 7000 XP for level 27.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Emperor Iridescent Wolf cpinheir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Sean View Post
    OK, so I downloaded Firefox, downloaded the game files, and logged in and - yep, the log in screen stuck on 76% and that was that. Exactly the same as what happened when I tried to get a friend's kid into SHSO on his new laptop. So come on, I know some of you guys are way more computer-savvy than I am: is there no way that I can get into SHSO on my swanky new Windows 10 laptop?

I have been running SHSO on two different Win 10 laptops with no problem. One thing you might want to try changing up is your unity web player. The version I'm using is 4.5.5f1. My firefox version is 47.0.1.

How much RAM do you have on your current laptop, and is it running 32 or 64 bit Windows? Your lagging after a half hour is due to a memory leak in either the Unity plugin or the SHSO code. If you use task manager to monitor the RAM usage over time, you'll see the memory used by the unity plugin keeps growing over time, and eventually it will run out of memory, causing you to restart SHSO. AFAIK there is no way to fix this, but you can extend the time before running out of RAM by adding RAM to your PC. Keep in mind that 32-bit windows has a limit of 3GB RAM it can use, even if you have more RAM installed on your PC. Currently I have 8GB in my laptop, and I can run comfortably for a few hours before having any problems.
    Last edited by cpinheir; 10-10-2016 at 07:34 PM.
    SHSO squad name: Emperor Iridescent Wolf
    Squad Level: 8544
    ACH Points: 27350

According to this an update is coming soon!20161011_135529.jpg
    Unofficial SHSO Signature. Looking for Staff:http://superherosquad.boards.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Protecting Tunneler Tiger View Post
    According to this an update is coming soon!20161011_135529.jpg
    It's a good idea to take it with a grain of salt, though. As CenturianSpy has said before, the current devs tend to use "update" to refer to what the old devs would call "maintenance".

Dear Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Community,
    Marvel Super Hero Squad Online launched more than five years ago. Over that time we’ve released 196 playable characters and 80 missions, along with countless other additions and improvements to the game. We are incredibly proud of what we have accomplished, but the time has come for the final update to the game, which comes this week.
    The game will be available until January 2017, and there’s likely still plenty of content for you to unlock over hours and hours of gameplay. We are cutting Gold and Fractal prices of all Characters by 20%, so you can try out all of it! All Jr. S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent benefits remain in force, and everything remains available. We will no longer sell Gold, but we are upping the fractal drop rate, so you should be able to unlock and play everything.
    We’d also like to send a huge thank you to all of those who have played and supported SHSO over the past few years. We’ve had the best time making it, and have especially loved hearing directly from you how many kids, parents, and everyone in between have enjoyed and connected over this game.
    Thanks for all the great times,
    –The Gazillion Super Hero Squad Online Team
    P.S. None of these changes apply to Marvel Heroes 2016. So if you are interested, go check it out. www.marvelheroes.com

Sorry guys, I know there were really dedicated players here who jsut wanted to play more. This sucks.

Wiccan's True Fan Irritating Hurricane Ferret's Avatar

No! Not this game too! Avengers alliance now this!
    Shso IGN:My username.
    Fav hero in SHSO: Carnage
    Fav hero in Marvel Comics: You probably know

Currently: Waiting to Prestige EOTE Spider-Man.

I always hate to see a game go.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Dear Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Community,
    Marvel Super Hero Squad Online launched more than five years ago. Over that time we’ve released 196 playable characters and 80 missions, along with countless other additions and improvements to the game. We are incredibly proud of what we have accomplished, but the time has come for the final update to the game, which comes this week.
    The game will be available until January 2017, and there’s likely still plenty of content for you to unlock over hours and hours of gameplay. We are cutting Gold and Fractal prices of all Characters by 20%, so you can try out all of it! All Jr. S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent benefits remain in force, and everything remains available. We will no longer sell Gold, but we are upping the fractal drop rate, so you should be able to unlock and play everything.
    We’d also like to send a huge thank you to all of those who have played and supported SHSO over the past few years. We’ve had the best time making it, and have especially loved hearing directly from you how many kids, parents, and everyone in between have enjoyed and connected over this game.
    Thanks for all the great times,
    –The Gazillion Super Hero Squad Online Team
    P.S. None of these changes apply to Marvel Heroes 2016. So if you are interested, go check it out. www.marvelheroes.com

Sorry guys, I know there were really dedicated players here who jsut wanted to play more. This sucks.
    This is the end... My only friend, the end...

So much good memories with this. Ah...

It's also sad to know that this thread will probably die too... We won't have nothing to talk about.

Games Up. Spider-Gwen and Sp//dr are available. Agents only. Gold Badges are now 1000 each. Carnage is now available via fractals. No retired heroes in the shop though.

We should all play. Together. In the same server. Do a party or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Freezebacon170 View Post
    We should all play. Together. In the same server. Do a party or something.
    What's your squad name?

Quote Originally Posted by Irritating Hurricane Ferret View Post
    What's your squad name?
    Saturn Obsessive Skunk.

What a sad day. I was really hoping the new Gaz leadership team would have the foresight and/or abilities to make our little game viable. I'm melancholy on the 5 years of good times and the tremendous letdown of Gaz.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!