Page 526 of 945 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536576626 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 14170

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    Ok, I know this is coming on the heels of my "Yes, I'm anti-chat, deal with it!" post, but wouldn't attacking other players in what is supposed to overall be a friendly game ruin that very thing? If players honestly want to attack other players, then such a thing should really, REALLY be limited to its own zone like that Millsfan suggested, and with the four original zones left out and remain being for exploring, collecting, meeting up, and similar activities only. Hey, maybe a zone like Millsfan described could be a Battleworld one...now that would actually be neat if handled right AND can be tied in with the upcoming Secret Wars rehas..er, event.
    To be honest, a new zone is highly unlikely unless it has been in works for a while. Playable zone is much harder to create than less say creating a hero. Even with a hero, new heros are more resource-intensive to make than re-paint ones. ( And see how many re-paint vs. new ones we got).

Also, heroes can be sold. Not sure selling the zones or paying toll to play in a premium zone is feasible. Otherwise, there is no financial incentives to create new zone at all. Just my 2 cents.
    SHSO Squad Name: Optimistic Architect Ninja ( Squad Level: 3000+ )

Ok, I know this is coming on the heels of my "Yes, I'm anti-chat, deal with it!" post, but wouldn't attacking other players in what is supposed to overall be a friendly game ruin that very thing? If players honestly want to attack other players, then such a thing should really, REALLY be limited to its own zone like that Millsfan suggested, and with the four original zones left out and remain being for exploring, collecting, meeting up, and similar activities only. Hey, maybe a zone like Millsfan described could be a Battleworld one...now that would actually be neat if handled right AND can be tied in with the upcoming Secret Wars rehas..er, event.
    I agree, and I'm against PvP, too. Although, I'd like it if Gazillion employees had characters that could attack us in zones and we would have to gain up on them...that would make "play with the devs" days VERY exciting...especially if rewards were given. It would be AWESOME if Gaz let some of us non-employees take those reins too.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by bpkhant2008 View Post
    To be honest, a new zone is highly unlikely unless it has been in works for a while. Playable zone is much harder to create than less say creating a hero. Even with a hero, new heros are more resource-intensive to make than re-paint ones. ( And see how many re-paint vs. new ones we got).

Also, heroes can be sold. Not sure selling the zones or paying toll to play in a premium zone is feasible. Otherwise, there is no financial incentives to create new zone at all. Just my 2 cents.
    There's no question that zones are money LOSERS for Gazillion while at the same time are a VERY important content build that keeps players coming back. Gaz can alleviate the desire for new zones by continuing to change-up the existing zones with more special events. That's where Maven's suggestion of the Secret Wars <sic> content would be AWESOME!

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Instead of a new zone, would it be easier for them to expand the current ones? I saw a video which showed a much larger Daily Bugle zone, which included Oscorp.

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    There's no question that zones are money LOSERS for Gazillion while at the same time are a VERY important content build that keeps players coming back. Gaz can alleviate the desire for new zones by continuing to change-up the existing zones with more special events. That's where Maven's suggestion of the Secret Wars <sic> content would be AWESOME!
    How does Gaz lose money by including new zones?
    Mighty Crystal Mentor
    Squad Level: 4313 / 4313
    Heroes: 175 / 175
    Sidekicks: 111 / 111
    Titles: 225 / 235
    Medallions: 189 / 190
    Achievements: 14765 | 1810 / 4482

"My name is Sinister. Mister Sinister."

Quote Originally Posted by DominoK View Post
    Someone said that it cost them nearly 2 million just to make Asgard.

Zones are VERY expensive to program/develop. I think someone on here said that Asgard cost about a million dollars to create.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectacular Spider-Fan View Post
    Instead of a new zone, would it be easier for them to expand the current ones? I saw a video which showed a much larger Daily Bugle zone, which included Oscorp.
    Exactly what I said.

Initial development costs (which includes adding new character tokens, fractals,etc.- we were told that Asgard cost them over 7 figures to develop) , server space needed to run it, and programmers to debug the new zone issues when they arrive. So, Gaz would add 25% to their zone problems.

Ok, I know this is coming on the heels of my "Yes, I'm anti-chat, deal with it!" post, but wouldn't attacking other players in what is supposed to overall be a friendly game ruin that very thing?
    No, You've misunderstood me. I don't know how marvel heroes is, I don't play it. My idea is a zone where the players fight enemies (not player vs player). Everyone sees the same enemies, yet if you kill the enemy, you get the loot. Let's say the baddest and biggest boss of the zone is Galactus, everyone works together to damage his health yet the player or group (you can make groups with up to 4 people) that defeats the boss gets the loot.

Btw the enemies respawn all the time, and bosses response every 5 minutes to give players a chance to talk to each other and get ready for the boss to come back.

The entire point I'm making is, a zone is a zone, people will get over a new one and just still stay in the bugle. We need something innovative...

I'm NOT talking about PVP.

Think of a massive vast land to explore...this is something that will be worked on for a very long time. There will be areas with simple enemies, and bosses where you might want to bring a badged hero and get in a group with friends. The group invites can be sent to up to 3 people (team of you and 3 people) and there health, stars and everything else is on the right side of the screen.

Once again, NO PVP,...these massive zones require everyone to work together
    Last edited by millsfan; 11-29-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    Squad: Shocking Frost Ninja My brothers Squad: Famous Storm Arrow say Hello if you see us!

The cheapest development method would be to create a Mission Builder that uses all the existing content but allows players to design the levels they want to play. It would really only need two modes at first - Survival (against mobs and bosses) and Smash (like a certain popular PVP Nintendo game). You'd get new environments over time by purchasing extra packages for the Builder.

It would improve the social aspect of the game, too, as you make friends with people whose content you enjoy and want to experience.

The only obstacle is whether or not Disney feels this is direct competition to the Infinity system. I'd say it isn't, because Super Hero Squad is an established brand that Infinity has no plans to add to.

I know it has been discussed in the past, but it's been a couple hundred pages since then...

Does anyone have a current spreadsheet to track achievement completion? I figure it's time I started getting serious about doing them, and I'd love to not have to recreate the wheel if I didn't have to. Google Doc, Excel, Numbers... format doesn't matter to me. I can make anything work. Thanks in advance if anyone has something they'd be willing to share with me.
    Squad Name: The Smasher Robot
    Favorite Marvel Character: Hulk
    Most-often Played Character: Pirate Deadpool
    Real Life Hobby: Coffee Roasting/Obsessing

The Guy From ComicList Charles LePage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beanroaster View Post
    Does anyone have a current spreadsheet to track achievement completion? I figure it's time I started getting serious about doing them, and I'd love to not have to recreate the wheel if I didn't have to. Google Doc, Excel, Numbers... format doesn't matter to me. I can make anything work. Thanks in advance if anyone has something they'd be willing to share with me.
    I kept track of mission achievements on a spreadsheet until they updated the game to keep track of mission achievements for us.
    SHSO Squad: Squire Valiant Snail

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    I don't know what your deal is with Deadpool's Crisis mission. Have you tried playing better? <evil laugh>
    Well now, let me see, where is it...? Ah, there it is! <picks up red pen> There now, Spy, that's you struck off the Christmas list, sir, yes verily! And I had put aside just the very pair of socks you would have liked!

Since I'm obviously in the mood for humiliating myself: is there some weird thing I have to do to get adamantium in 'Lizardous...' in multi-player? I just finished a threesome where nobody died and where we seemed to clear out all the lizards and bugs we had to, but, nope, gold is all we got. It's no big deal for me, but my lad Helmer is determined to get adamantium in every mission he owns, and 'Lizardous...' is on that list.

And, on the 'annoying and surely easy to do something about' list, I hate that active potions and buffs pile up on the right hand side of the screen, covering up the achievements you are tracking. The achievements keep popping put as well, and when I go to minimise them again, I can't get at them because of the potions and buffs: try and minimise them, and I invariably cancel a potion or buff. Grrrr!

I hereby kickstart the 'potions and buffs on the left, thank you' movement.
    SHSO Squad Names: Serene Psionic Count (Agent); Cosmic Night Mentor (non-Agent); Incredible Mechanical Fisher (surprise new non-Agent account!) Midnight Terrifying Gnat (Mission-Munching 8-year-son Helmer's account)

Emperor Iridescent Wolf cpinheir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Sean View Post
    Since I'm obviously in the mood for humiliating myself: is there some weird thing I have to do to get adamantium in 'Lizardous...' in multi-player? I just finished a threesome where nobody died and where we seemed to clear out all the lizards and bugs we had to, but, nope, gold is all we got. It's no big deal for me, but my lad Helmer is determined to get adamantium in every mission he owns, and 'Lizardous...' is on that list.
    unless gaz changed something with that mission recently, lizardous is fairly easy to get adamantiun on, solo or team. I would guess the problem might be the team was spending too much time avoiding and not enough time attacking, and your combo meter was not high enough when you killed the boss. I have more of a problem with this when playing the mystique mission solo. I try to attack her but she either knocks me on my butt or changes form (which stops my combo attack).
    SHSO squad name: Emperor Iridescent Wolf
    Squad Level: 8544
    ACH Points: 27350

Roaming Colossus Lion told me earlier that the reason you are not getting Ada is due to lack of combos. It depends on which hero you use as well. If you use heroes that spawn helpers like X-force Wolvie and heros who hails down weapons like Loki, Superior Spider etc, might not have enough combos if you are not careful.
    SHSO Squad Name: Optimistic Architect Ninja ( Squad Level: 3000+ )