Page 49 of 945 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Furious Colossus Cheetah View Post
    I think Iron Man Silver Centurion
    Hopefully not that one. Silver sink....

My guessing it's 2020 is because he's a hero we already have, popular, and is an alternate dimension version of that hero. Just like Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Hopefully not that one. Silver sink....

My guessing it's 2020 is because he's a hero we already have, popular, and is an alternate dimension version of that hero. Just like Noir.
    well with that logic like that the next hero will be bishop because he was in days of future past ( i think)
    Shso name: Loud Raker Guardian
    Motto: De Omnibus Dubitandum

Quote Originally Posted by sylvestro1299 View Post
    When i read WWE i thought of world wrestling entertainment lol! Anyways i joined the game at the monday when Iron Fist was a frac hero! so yeah 3 month aniversary time for me!
    Lol I have been playing almost 4 years only one world event once.

SHSO: Lost General Ranger chrishb's Avatar

Even if they do not have skewed odds (which we know not to be the case because they have said so), the chance of winning a hero when you purchase a box could be expressed in its most basic probability, you will either get a hero, or you won't. So 50/50.
    This means in order for the answer to be, "you won't", on X number of boxes, the odds are 1/(2^X). (e.g. buy one box= 1/2 chance, buy two boxes=1/4 chance, 3 boxes=1/8, etc.)
    So, for people to say they got, "you won't" 71 or 83 times in a row, means the odds were 1/(2^71) and 1/(2^83) respectively. That is just incredibly low probability, and that is even if we say the chance is completely even that you will or won't get a hero.

Now for the bad news. Again, assuming the odds are equal for "you will" or "you won't", the odds for your next box purchase is 50/50. And the box after that, and the box after that, etc.
    If you want to better understand how past odds do not affect future odds , do a search for "Gambler's fallacy" sometime.
    I am not quite sure if I understand everything. Neither do I understand why you choose the basic chance of 50/50 because I think it doesnt fit with this example. But I understand your "essence": the calculated chance to not win with 73 or 83 boxes ir rather low. This is what I quoted as well. My result is: the chance of winning a hero with one box must be rather low (or lower than the suggested/quoted 10%) , this would explain the high chance to NOT win a hero with 73 or 83 boxes.

I got lucky enough to get the EOTE Badge, too. I feel guilty about my good fortune now. The badge IS awesome.

You might consider springing for the $10 for one month, which will get you 5,000 gold over the 30 days (if you're persistent)... that's 25 boxes, plus the higher chance for a good prize. Plus you could buy some agent-only heroes for silver, if you don't have any. I highly recommend Iron Man Mk I, and Ultimate Thor is pretty awesome as well. Also, you get to play any agent-only heroes you buy, even after your membership ends.

Actually I am thinking of the one month membership, but not for the boxes. I have Mysterio, Exo Falcon, Avenging Wolverine and the new Captain America in mind + their Badges.
    I´ve already got all the Shield heroes from the november 2013 one week SHSO-Membership.
    Getting a LVL of 965 without paying is quite a challenge :-)
    Last edited by chrishb; 05-26-2014 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishb View Post
    Actually I am thinking of the one month membership, but not for the boxes. I have Mysterio, Exo Falcon, Avenging Wolverine and the new Captain America in mind + their Badges.
    I´ve already got all the Shield heroes from the november 2013 one week SHSO-Membership.
    I suppose some get frustrated with the free-to-play model, but I find it pretty accommodating overall. It is certainly worth the subscription in my opinion, but you can make huge strides even with a one month sub.
    SHSO Name: Indescribable Frost Baron

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by smolten View Post
    I suppose some get frustrated with the free-to-play model, but I find it pretty accommodating overall. It is certainly worth the subscription in my opinion, but you can make huge strides even with a one month sub.
    Especially back when the 300 sales happened. That's when I started being a paid member.

Hi! I wanted to share that I was one of the lucky few who just won this bundle!!! I was shocked when it showed up on the screen... I was even more happy that it also came with badges (I didn't know this until I checked out my squad). I can't be more happier after getting to see DOFP...

www.jpg

Especially back when the 300 sales happened. That's when I started being a paid member.
    Yeah I remember that every week they had two heroes on sale for 300 gold. Why did Gaz take that away?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Speaking of alternate dimension versions, I just found out about Arachnoman from a message at MrGamesRus' Agent Coulson gameplay video in Blast from the Past, where he has the yellow-and-green color scheme of Hydra. Maybe he will make it?
    http://www.comicvine.com/arachnoman/4005-75124/
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Arachnoman_(Earth-1610)
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by starshapedgummy View Post
    Hi! I wanted to share that I was one of the lucky few who just won this bundle!!! I was shocked when it showed up on the screen... I was even more happy that it also came with badges (I didn't know this until I checked out my squad). I can't be more happier after getting to see DOFP...

www.jpg
    Congrats!!! Hope you enjoy them, and DOFP is great isn't it? Haha!

When Iceman chases a robber. Hè says:' Hey! Cool it! That's against the law!'
    When he wins a solo mission:'Score, one more for Iceman!
    Last edited by roneers; 05-26-2014 at 08:07 AM.
    Squad name: Glittering Sparrow Mentor
    mostly playing as: Iceman
    Signature Crisis Hero: Sabretooth
    willing to play missions with others

Quote Originally Posted by chrishb View Post

Wow i am impressed by your achievement im only lvl 598 without paying for membership or having those codes! beating you will be quite an acheivement that is if i can!!
    Edit: did Doc Ock get an upgrade because as i was versing him and when he does the spinning claw attack to wake up it did 35 damage per hit! Also i went form 300 health to 0
    Last edited by sylvestro1299; 05-26-2014 at 08:55 AM.

Emperor Iridescent Wolf cpinheir's Avatar

Anybody else have a problem like this with the world events before?

I just submitted over 18000 factals with a couple of seconds to go. The leaderboard even showed me as the winnner for a couple of minutes after the bidding was over. Then, inexplicably, it started showing fantastic kraken dragon as the winner (they only had 12000 or so factals, I had noticed they had been in the number 2 spot below me). Even if the server had clocked me in as having submitted too late, then why didn't my 18000 fractals show as being submitted for the next round?? Instead I have no fractals and the guy with only 12000+ fractals won. Big bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by cpinheir View Post
    Anybody else have a problem like this with the world events before?

I just submitted over 18000 factals with a couple of seconds to go. The leaderboard even showed me as the winnner for a couple of minutes after the bidding was over. Then, inexplicably, it started showing fantastic kraken dragon as the winner (they only had 12000 or so factals, I had noticed they had been in the number 2 spot below me). Even if the server had clocked me in as having submitted too late, then why didn't my 18000 fractals show as being submitted for the next round?? Instead I have no fractals and the guy with only 12000+ fractals won. Big bummer.
    I feel terrible for you ! try submitting a ticket!

any codebreakers recently? I havent read one since this place got renewed!