Page 725 of 945 FirstFirst ... 225625675715721722723724725726727728729735775825 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,875 of 14170

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    The update is positive. It shows Gaz is still committed to making this game a profitable and on-going concern rather than just shutting it down if they are not generating enough revenue. If some of the whiners that have been playing for years for free had actually spent some money, maybe they would not have needed to do this.
    I agree that it's good news that Gaz has put a lot of thought into making the game economically viable, although I'm not sure that dropping the rewards for membership makes much sense in that respect. But I also agree with some of the comments posted that if they are going to have a feature of the game that is only available through a gold purchase, then gold should be obtainable for everybody in the game, even if at Scrooge-like levels. I remember before Recharge it took a long, long time to get enough gold as a non-member to buy a standard-price hero. But that was OK - the target was there and you could work towards it. Recharge was a definite enhancement in the free-to-play aspect if the game, this latest update is a retrograde step. Sometimes it seems Gaz can't decide just how free-to-play a free-to-play game should be!

This update means the game will end up becoming more two-tier - a majority of the players will be those kids whose folks won't buy them membership or gold running around with the free or cheap-to-buy heroes at low levels, and a minority of players (including most of us on this forum) will be crashing around with their favourite heroes at level 40 obliterating missions in the blink of an eye. I'm not sure those two groups mix so well. If I was a non-member kid just starting to play the game, I'm not sure I would be too impressed with my Iron Man at level 2 compared to Abomination or Tuxedo Thing at level 40. Maybe the long, long road to get such characters and to get them to such levels would seem very discouraging, perhaps too discouraging for that kid to ever develop the love of the game that I did, and that my boy Helmer did.

Let's hope Gaz have got it right. But I would vote for gold to be obtainable in the game, somehow, so that SHSO retains its inclusiveness.
    SHSO Squad Names: Serene Psionic Count (Agent); Cosmic Night Mentor (non-Agent); Incredible Mechanical Fisher (surprise new non-Agent account!) Midnight Terrifying Gnat (Mission-Munching 8-year-son Helmer's account)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I hadn't even used my Future Foundation Doom much in the past couple of months since I tapered off playing this game. When I bought the gold badge all I had to do was mega collect and I was at 40. I like the halo that follows your around and in his Future Foundation colors it sort of reminds you of his status in Secret Wars. The only thing is the health is still not so good on his own. I should have used a health potion in the Monster Smash Crisis game I tried out. Still, very good range for offense.
    They've improved Reed's range too...his Hero-Up now affects the entire playing field and not just the portion in front of him. If anything, it may be a little too good...just did Magneteors, and Reed's HU was affecting minions and boost barrels in upcoming areas/screens before he reached them.

The gold MAXed out halo looks schweet with Reed's classic blue FF uniform...mere repaint or not, actually looking forward to see how the halo will look with Future Foundation Reed whenever he sees release.

(For those who can't see Imgur images (*does her best Marty Moose* Sorrrry! Hyuk, hyuk!), tis Reed showing off his halo of perfection.)
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    They've improved Reed's range too...his Hero-Up now affects the entire playing field and not just the portion in front of him. If anything, it may be a little too good...just did Magneteors, and Reed's HU was affecting minions and boost barrels in upcoming areas/screens before he reached them.
    Yeah all the level 40 characters are barrel busters...but they clear out baddies so fast you, or your teammates, often can reach the drops in time!
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestroyer View Post
    Dude
    First I'm not a dude.

when the game first came out it was hard as hell
    Seriously? It's a kids game. Try this instead

my other account got banned
    Well that says it all.

I came back after the biggest update ever
    Unfortunate.
    SHSO - Fighting Raven
    Squad Level: 4700+

The Guy From ComicList Charles LePage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    Yeah all the level 40 characters are barrel busters...but they clear out baddies so fast you, or your teammates, often can reach the drops in time!
    How many level 40 characters do you have already?
    SHSO Squad: Squire Valiant Snail

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    War Machine MK 2 is a barrel buster too, even without the gold badge, I also think is a little too much, I like the idea of increase the AoE, but destroy minions and boost barrels in upcoming areas is kinda ridiculous, could be a little less.
    Squad Name: Roaming Colossus Lion
    Squad Level: 7K+
    Achievement Points: 38K+

All you guys talking about lvl 40 characters make me want to play even more! Plus, sorry about the recent negativity I just have been a little stressed with finals and all.
    Currently reading: Daredevil(2011), Amazing Spider-Man(2014), Moon Knight(2015), and Pop Goes the Weasel(1998)

Wiccan's True Fan Irritating Hurricane Ferret's Avatar

i will stay but if they completely bust this game to bits. then its the end.
    Shso IGN:My username.
    Fav hero in SHSO: Carnage
    Fav hero in Marvel Comics: You probably know

Currently: Waiting to Prestige EOTE Spider-Man.

I would consider buying a 1-Month Subscription to feel around this new update and stuff.
    However, I noticed that the membership page still has the credit-card option...
    I thought they were removing that?
    SHSO Name: Masked Traveler Seamstress
    Signature Hero: Storm/Mohawk Storm
    Squad Level:1800+

I'm dying to see how Storm's halo looks like.
    LGBT

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedTraveler View Post
    I would consider buying a 1-Month Subscription to feel around this new update and stuff.
    However, I noticed that the membership page still has the credit-card option...
    I thought they were removing that?
    I noticed this, too. I also know two people who have used the credit card option successfully AFTER the May 19th deadline/switch to PayPal. I'm guessing the credit card company option was reinstated...at least for the states. A move to PayPal will increase the profit margin because it takes less percentage-wise from the vendor, though...so I understand the desire to switch. What I don't understand is why Gaz doesn't accept PayPal payments from some countries.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Spectacular Member marsinterplanetaryprophet's Avatar

Well this lvl 40 is nothing for anyone cuz my brother lvl is
    6500+ in still tryna figure out how imma get gold and after fraxs for member shift I'm not getting a membership now.
    Also singing sorcerer trooper is back cuz he invited me to a mission today and his lvl 5700+
    Mars interplanetary prophet

squad level-8700+
    achievement points 40k+

I'm not going to quit, although I'm really pissed off that I wont be able to get any of the gold badges, I'll just have to live with it. The game will still be fun without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    First I'm not a dude.

Seriously? It's a kids game. Try this instead

Well that says it all.

Unfortunate.
    oh gosh hahahahaha people like you make me wanna laugh so haaard first things first Ms.raven everyone can agree that the game was hard when it first came out leveling up took a lot of time we had a wheel you had to spin it evreyday which is a waste of time but now its all easy and as i said before my other account got banned cuz my brother tried to hack somthing and he was afraid to do it on his account so he did it on mine (what a genius)
    SHSO: King Soothing Clock
    Fav Hero: Pirate Deadpool

oh gosh hahahahaha people like you make me wanna laugh so haaard first things first Ms.raven everyone can agree that the game was hard when it first came out leveling up took a lot of time we had a wheel you had to spin it evreyday which is a waste of time but now its all easy and as i said before my other account got banned cuz my brother tried to hack somthing and he was afraid to do it on his account so he did it on mine (what a genius)
    There were only 11 levels, it took most people only a few hours to max out a hero without access to potions and other XP bonuses, while you were busy I guess trying to figure out how a wheel works.

Shouldn't share your password... genius.
    SHSO - Fighting Raven
    Squad Level: 4700+