Page 871 of 945 FirstFirst ... 371771821861867868869870871872873874875881921 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,065 of 14170

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    It just means that Gaz needs to buy a translating software (Unity 5) to turn their game/server files into those used by the new (browser friendly/accepted) API...in this case WebGL. BUT no translation is perfect...so there will be needed development time.

The API (in this case called the Unity Plug-In) currently used is NPAPI developed by Netscape back in 1995 and is so old that it has been "hacked" to the point where it threatens security on a global scale.

APIs provide the software framework for programs, best way to look at it as "building blocks" and "mechanisms".

...if Gaz doesn't buy a new API (the "paywall") for SHSO and spend time/money (developing) putting the new game files through QA (quality assurance), the game dies when the last browser boots NPAPI. *Note that there may be other options than Unity 5...but consensus is that is the proper route.

...AND the timeframe to make this decision has been GREATLY shortened because browsers want out of the NPAPI-supporting business faster than originally thought.
    Thanks, Spy. Your translation brought the issue into the outer reaches of my understanding!
    SHSO Squad Names: Serene Psionic Count (Agent); Cosmic Night Mentor (non-Agent); Incredible Mechanical Fisher (surprise new non-Agent account!) Midnight Terrifying Gnat (Mission-Munching 8-year-son Helmer's account)

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedTraveler View Post
    I tried Marvel Heroes once, and played it for a couple of days.
    I uninstalled it.
    The general feedback on this forum has been that Marvel Heroes isn't that great, and that consensus plus the fact that I've been very disappointed with Gaz's recent treatment of SHSO and its players means I'm not inclined to give MH a try.
    SHSO Squad Names: Serene Psionic Count (Agent); Cosmic Night Mentor (non-Agent); Incredible Mechanical Fisher (surprise new non-Agent account!) Midnight Terrifying Gnat (Mission-Munching 8-year-son Helmer's account)

Lot of grim news in this thread. I haven't played this game in years but I'll be sad when it closes down.
    But really, I don't even think I'll log in on the last day with browser incompatibility/long update time.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Anyone having a problem getting into the game? I tried for about half an hour early this morning and it never went past 76%. But I could hear the little sound when you get your daily reward for logging in even though I never made it into the Daily Bugle zone. I did clear the Unity Player cache and my Firefox one but no luck. This also happened to me a couple of weeks ago and then just went a way on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Sean View Post
    The general feedback on this forum has been that Marvel Heroes isn't that great, and that consensus plus the fact that I've been very disappointed with Gaz's recent treatment of SHSO and its players means I'm not inclined to give MH a try.
    MH has greatly improved over the last six months according to most game sites and people I talk to at my local comic shop. It is far too serious of an MMO for my taste, though AND too complicated for my niece and nephew. I think one of the great things about SHSO is that you can play it 10 minute increments...something almost no other MMO allows.

Quote Originally Posted by makinaz View Post
    Lot of grim news in this thread. I haven't played this game in years but I'll be sad when it closes down.
    But really, I don't even think I'll log in on the last day with browser incompatibility/long update time.
    Hey, STG! It's been a while! I hope all is well. I'm also wondering what you think of Ms. Kinney's new title/books.

As far as your post...I think the "grim" news is warranted because of the lack of reasonable communication with Gaz. The optimist in me wants me to believe that this "glitch"/"issue" that Gaz is claiming to be working on IS them moving the files to WebGL. The pessimist in me believes Gaz is building a firewall to prevent the scourge of "hacking" on their files to steal gold, fractals, and now content.

So, either way, "hackers" caused this lull...in my opinion. I'm always amazed and dismayed about how "hackers" are worshiped on the internet. Especially by today's youth and non-USA countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Anyone having a problem getting into the game? I tried for about half an hour early this morning and it never went past 76%. But I could hear the little sound when you get your daily reward for logging in even though I never made it into the Daily Bugle zone. I did clear the Unity Player cache and my Firefox one but no luck. This also happened to me a couple of weeks ago and then just went a way on its own.
    I got in...took me a lot longer, though.
    Last edited by CenturianSpy; 11-12-2015 at 04:35 PM.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Wiccan's True Fan Irritating Hurricane Ferret's Avatar

So it has officially come to my mind that I will no longer spend a penny on this game. I still have 3 months of my subscription but it's not worth paying for something that doesn't show it wants to be payed back. I almost feel like I'm giving my money to a computer (which i technically always was)
    Shso IGN:My username.
    Fav hero in SHSO: Carnage
    Fav hero in Marvel Comics: You probably know

Currently: Waiting to Prestige EOTE Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Irritating Hurricane Ferret View Post
    So it has officially come to my mind that I will no longer spend a penny on this game. I still have 3 months of my subscription but it's not worth paying for something that doesn't show it wants to be payed back. I almost feel like I'm giving my money to a computer (which i technically always was)
    Yeah I really wouldn't recommend spending any money on this game. Not until we know that this game is actually going to keep on living.

Maybe they should Kickstart SHSO. Have the community generate some of the money and Gazillion paying the rest to show that there is still an interest in the game so that they can take a year and update it like MH.
    Surefooted Sentry on SHSO.

Xapto on Steam.

Cool sneak peak...hope that means that tomorrow is the day.

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The office connection is suspiciously slow this afternoon but the video is playing for me. I'm hopeful too Spy. BTW, what videocap app can you recommend? I plan to record my EotE Spidey doing the final missions to level up to 40, he's less than 4000 XP away now.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The office connection is suspiciously slow this afternoon but the video is playing for me. I'm hopeful too Spy. BTW, what videocap app can you recommend? I plan to record my EotE Spidey doing the final missions to level up to 40, he's less than 4000 XP away now.
    I use Bandicam. It was free. I have ZERO photo/video skills...so I'm not a good source on this one.

Spectacular Member marsinterplanetaryprophet's Avatar

I use Bandicam. It was free. I have ZERO photo/video skills...so I'm not a good source on this one.
    Negative sceenomatic.com is way better and i have a channel so ik
    Mars interplanetary prophet

squad level-8700+
    achievement points 40k+

Spectacular Member marsinterplanetaryprophet's Avatar

Cool sneak peak...hope that means that tomorrow is the day.
    Would never buy him until i max everyone to 40 he so whack ik my brother gonna lvl 40 him soon he comes out give him 10 minutes
    Mars interplanetary prophet

squad level-8700+
    achievement points 40k+

All-New Member

I want to bring up one great point that you brought up. You wrote "Please do not promise us stuff that u [sic] can't do." Please note that we have taken this point, especially, into consideration, which is why we don't specifically state when an update may occur. We wouldn't want to state that a game update is coming on a certain date, only for us to hit an obstacle that prevents us from getting that update to you Squaddies. We intended to have an update available last Friday the 6th, but hit an unforeseen issue late into the week, which blocked us from getting it out. These updates and builds also go through very many steps and environments to check out so that those issues don't make it out to you.

Please also keep in mind that sometimes we don't come across an issue while testing and when it comes out and we find out about it, it turns out to be an even more complicated issue that expected. Trust us, having a buggy issue is never fun and we would love to get an issue resolved with the snap of a finger, but it's not always possible.
    Trisha's latest reply on facebook. So I guess that means the games ain't finished, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JimWolvie View Post
    Trisha's latest reply on facebook. So I guess that means the games ain't finished, yet.
    I'd love to see what exactly their test script looks like, because from some of the bugs that have made it through to us it would be appear to be not very thorough at all.
    SHSO - Fighting Raven
    Squad Level: 4700+

The Guy From ComicList Charles LePage's Avatar

What should I buy with all this "cash"?

Capture1.JPG
    SHSO Squad: Squire Valiant Snail