Page 935 of 945 FirstFirst ... 435835885925931932933934935936937938939 ... LastLast
Results 14,011 to 14,025 of 14170

Quote Originally Posted by Freezebacon170 View Post
    Listen up everyone, what if we started a petition on ''change.org''? I know that most of the times they don't really change nothing, but we can at least try to take a shot, especially since we don't have nothing left.

If anyone here has a twitter account, try tweeting ''BillRosemann'', he's the Creative Director of Marvel Games, and he has proven to take a lot of interesting in supporting the fans. He added the Marvel Ultimate Alliance DLC (since the re-releases came without them) after the fans (*cough *cough me and other guy) started a petition. When we got around 700 signatures (in 2 days) they confirmed the addition of the DLC to the game.

Here's the link:
    https://www.change.org/p/marvel-give...iance-remaster

This is pretty much our last shot at this point. Since I doubt Gaz would step back on their decision, or anyone would buy the game to continue it.

P.S. Anyone here knows exactly why they're shutting down? Small number of people working on it? The code it runs in? Price to keep the servers up?
    I saw on Facebook someone made a petition, I signed it. You guys can review it and see what you think, I may make my own if you guys think it would be better for someone like me to create all of it. Im not just letting Gazillion forget about HERO UP, its TOO GOOD to let go. We have to do something, we have to share our sadness to Gazillion and show them they can't do this to Hero Up.
    Squad: Shocking Frost Ninja My brothers Squad: Famous Storm Arrow say Hello if you see us!

Sign any Petitions for Hero Up, we must send our opinions to GAZILLION…we have to take IMMEDIATE action..
    https://www.change.org/p/gazillion-e...t-save-hero-up
    Last edited by millsfan; 10-15-2016 at 04:59 PM.
    Squad: Shocking Frost Ninja My brothers Squad: Famous Storm Arrow say Hello if you see us!

The Guy From ComicList Charles LePage's Avatar

I have no idea what it costs to maintain a game like SHSO, and I have no idea how much profit or loss they have had over the years. But, if Team Fortress 2 can survive on Steam as long as it has, then so could Avengers Alliance and SHSO. And, I've never found a suitable replacement for SHSO. NOTHING.
    SHSO Squad: Squire Valiant Snail

Quote Originally Posted by Charles LePage View Post
    I have no idea what it costs to maintain a game like SHSO, and I have no idea how much profit or loss they have had over the years. But, if Team Fortress 2 can survive on Steam as long as it has, then so could Avengers Alliance and SHSO. And, I've never found a suitable replacement for SHSO. NOTHING.
    Indeed! But thinking about it, Valve is the developer/publisher of TF2. And don't get me wrong, I know Gaz also make a lot of money, but damn, Valve's profit must be HUGE. Just the money that they make with Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Left 4 Dead, Steam sales, etc...

If Gaz could only fund SHSO a bit more. Go back and hire some new animators, editors, etc (Or hire back the old ones that made SHSO at it golden days)...

P.S. Does anyone knows if Snacks is still in Gaz? I was re-watching the old ''Squad Time'' episodes, and got curious on finding out if he's still in.

Quote Originally Posted by Freezebacon170 View Post
    P.S. Does anyone knows if Snacks is still in Gaz? I was re-watching the old ''Squad Time'' episodes, and got curious on finding out if he's still in.
    Eric "Snacks" has been at Trion Games for two years.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

magicks

To be fair, it kind of makes sense to shut the game down, at least in this iteration. Primarily because most web browsers don't support Unity anymore. Eventually, not even Firefox will likely support it. So it would make sense to shut it down entirely and possibly create a new version without unity.

Quote Originally Posted by magicks View Post
    To be fair, it kind of makes sense to shut the game down, at least in this iteration. Primarily because most web browsers don't support Unity anymore. Eventually, not even Firefox will likely support it. So it would make sense to shut it down entirely and possibly create a new version without unity.
    All browsers besides Chrome support the much maligned Unity NPAPI. Granted, most browsers have said they will quit supporting NPAPI soon because of the security threats it has (it has been hacked to death making browsers vulnerable to complete shutdown without very-active/very-expensive firewalling and stop-gapping). Unity 5 has complete WebGL & HTML5 support which is supported by all browsers including mobile browsers. I think Gaz made a huge mistake by not converting to this two years ago. I think of all the money they left on the table by not being on mobile devices. I've been saying this for the last two years.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Emperor Iridescent Wolf cpinheir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millsfan View Post
    Sign any Petitions for Hero Up, we must send our opinions to GAZILLION…we have to take IMMEDIATE action..
    https://www.change.org/p/gazillion-e...t-save-hero-up
    Petition signed!

Haven't been on the forum for over a week, just read the bad news today. What a bummer.

Also read a few comments about the desire to continue to run the game after they have pulled the plug. Not sure how viable this is...all we have in our cache is the client app (and the code is surely obfuscated). A new server would have to be reverse engineered based on what is found in the client code, if the client code could be de-obfuscated. And how big a job writing the new server would be is dependent on how much logic was kept on the server side. Are there any Unity experts that can comment on whether this is do-able?
    SHSO squad name: Emperor Iridescent Wolf
    Squad Level: 8544
    ACH Points: 27350

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Spider-Gwen and Sp//dr are now available for all, and if you have gold to spare buy with instead of fractals as the equivalent cost in fractals is higher. I'm also using the remaining gold on my alt account for as many gold badges I can buy before switching to fractals for the same reason. My main account has all the gold badges so it's not a problem there.

Also, I think I found a way to defeat the 5-minute create fractals limit for sidekicks like the Mini-Mummy. There's a location in one zone that keeps my hero active, and I don't the see the snooze.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by cpinheir View Post
    Petition signed!

Haven't been on the forum for over a week, just read the bad news today. What a bummer.

Also read a few comments about the desire to continue to run the game after they have pulled the plug. Not sure how viable this is...all we have in our cache is the client app (and the code is surely obfuscated). A new server would have to be reverse engineered based on what is found in the client code, if the client code could be de-obfuscated. And how big a job writing the new server would be is dependent on how much logic was kept on the server side. Are there any Unity experts that can comment on whether this is do-able?
    I know if people are smart enough with computers, they can find a way to reopen a game. A disney online game that was very popular was open 2005-2008, several years ago in 2013, a girl worked with some people to re open and it has been open since then.

We would have to know someone smart to do this though, and even if we can have it re open, it wouldn't be the same, Id like Gazillion to just invest and keep it open in some form.

I DO think they are dumb not to put this on mobile though, the investment would be worth it because MILLIONs of people use apple/android and would be immediately immersed into the game

86a51642b6ddf7bdeba09589045e634f.jpg Reached 4k annd got 150 characters to lvl 20 and got spidergwen to 40
    Perplexing Opaque Chihuahua (Level 4,117)
    Milestones
    Reached Level 4,000 in Hero Up
    Got 150 characters level 20

Recent Events
    Got 150 Characters to lvl 20
    Bought Spider-Gwen and Spdr
    Maxed out Spider-Gwen to level 40
    Bought Luke Cage and got him to Level 40

Newest Characters Log
    Spider-Gwen (Cost:3,520) Level MAX
    Sp//dr (Cost 3,200) Lvl MAX
    Luke Cage (Titanium Box) Lvl MAX

FEATURED
    Nobody
    Character Trying To Unlock
    Arctic Iron Man

Wiccan's True Fan Irritating Hurricane Ferret's Avatar

I just need Dracula, Spider-Ham, Ultimate Thor, and AU Ultron and then I'm all good.
    Shso IGN:My username.
    Fav hero in SHSO: Carnage
    Fav hero in Marvel Comics: You probably know

Currently: Waiting to Prestige EOTE Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Irritating Hurricane Ferret View Post
    I just need Dracula, Spider-Ham, Ultimate Thor, and AU Ultron and then I'm all good.
    Lucky for you Dracula's on sale
    Perplexing Opaque Chihuahua (Level 4,117)
    Milestones
    Got 150 characters level 20

Recent Events
    Got 150 Characters to lvl 20
    Bought Spider-Gwen and Spdr
    Maxed out Spider-Gwen to level 40
    Bought Luke Cage and got him to Level 40

Newest Characters Log
    Spider-Gwen (Cost:3,520) Level MAX
    Sp//dr (Cost 3,200) Lvl MAX
    Luke Cage (Titanium Box) Lvl MAX

FEATURED
    Nobody
    Character Trying To Unlock
    Arctic Iron Man

Wiccan's True Fan Irritating Hurricane Ferret's Avatar

Members only though right?
    Shso IGN:My username.
    Fav hero in SHSO: Carnage
    Fav hero in Marvel Comics: You probably know

Currently: Waiting to Prestige EOTE Spider-Man.

Hey guys, itīs really sad the game is closing..So much fun over the last few years..Iīve been (like most of you) a player since the beginning and thatīs why I kind of know everything about the game..I even found out a glitch on how to buy member-items as a non-member..I actually never used it because I was a member, but I think it could be pretty useful now, as one canīt buy a membership anymore and because it can not ruin gazillion in any way anymore..Soooo, if someone wants to know how it works, please write a private message to me as I still donīt feel comfortable posting it right here...Oh, and the thing about the worrying of the fractal hackers buying potions is unnecessary using this method, I already tried it and the potions you buy as a non-member are closed as the heroes were earlier in the game, so you own them but you canīt use them xP Greetings to all of you, former Ice Sun Prince, now Nova Spy Bard

Oh, and also, where is this non-sleeping spot?
    SHSO: Nova Spy Bard
    Squad-Level: 4907
    Achievement Points: 21095
    Total Heroes in Squad: 195 (AU Ultron missing)
    Favorite Hero: Future Foundation Spider-Man (because of the good old Challenges)