Page 98 of 945 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198598 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 14170

Quote Originally Posted by cpinheir View Post
    I'm kind of puzzled why gaz felt the need to institute idle timeouts for the item generation. What is the point of having a bunny that poops silver/tickets if you can't just leave it idle while you are having dinner, etc. My point is, if you aren't going to be idle, you can earn tickets/silver/fractals at a faster rate than the sidekick generators just by doing mayhem missions (I beat most of them in under a minute, earning 5 tickets, 3 fractals, 20 silver). The sidekicks COULD be useful if they were still producing while you are in-mission, but from my experiments that doesn't seem to be the case. So, basically IMO they have rendered the producing sidekicks useless....the time I am between missions (in the zones) is negligible enough that I won't produce much using the sidekicks, so I just do as many mayhem missions and normal missions as I can when I want to earn mucho fractals. If anybody else knows of a better and legit way, let us know!
    I think the answer to why Gaz has spent the time to prevent the Sidekick idling-item creators is quite clear. The last Dev blog has shown us that Achievements will be the new norm. This means MORE time outside of missions. We ALSO know that fractals will be a new in-game currency (from the "Golden Fractal" and "You do not have enough fractals to purchase that" text found in the game files). So, what will be the rewards for completing Achievements? Will it be gold, silver, tickets, fractals ("Golden"?), potions, squad levels,etc? Since Gaz is actively closing loopholes & glitches that allows for the collecting of all of these, we have to assume a new currency paradigm is near. And Gaz needs to control the currency.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'm kind of puzzled why gaz felt the need to institute idle timeouts for the item generation. What is the point of having a bunny that poops silver/tickets if you can't just leave it idle while you are having dinner, etc.
    When the sidekicks first got badges there was no timeout and people kept their heroes idling in the zones overnight, So Gaz got wind of this and added the timeout, which was then defeated with auto-clicks to keep the heroes active. Now the heroes have to actually do something to keep sidekicks spawning. My personal guess is that they don't want to see the zones full of heroes just standing with an occasional emote. In a way I understand this. A new player seeing people all over the place snoozing with sidekicks circling them would be puzzled, even more so when they don't respond to friend requests. As for the prize wheel, if people have a large ticket reserve they can keep the wheel spinning for hours and still have enough reserve at the end.

Edit: I posted this before reading CenturianSpy's explanation, so his makes better sense.
    Back to spidey noir? Is he gonna be the last world event, or will there be a few others coming? Has gaz announced what day the big update will be?
    The Facebook post says "…continues with the Spider-Man Noir!" so I take that to mean there are still others, otherwise it should have read concludes. I'm guessing Iron Fist, Loki (which I already won for my agent), the card heroes bundle (White Phoenix, Arctic Armor Iron Man, and Armored Spider-Man), and a couple of others a few months ago will be available. And no, I haven't read news on the specific date unless I missed it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Oh, cool. I actually won the Summers bundle via raffle method. (Not about to waste my fractals on a bid, but I've been tossing him 10 here and there.) Wish I'd taken a screenshot. Even if the world events were sticking around, I know it would never happen again with my luck. But I haven't really slept for three days and was too busy stuffing my face with popcorn to think before clicking the x.

I already had the heroes, but it's nice not to have to buy the badges. Especially since Hope and Scott are already maxed out, and Cable is about a mission away from it.

Also, I imagine a bunch of idling players could tax the servers?
    SHSO: Polite Earthen Despair

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrebomb View Post
    Oh, cool. I actually won the Summers bundle via raffle method. (Not about to waste my fractals on a bid, but I've been tossing him 10 here and there.) Wish I'd taken a screenshot. Even if the world events were sticking around, I know it would never happen again with my luck. But I haven't really slept for three days and was too busy stuffing my face with popcorn to think before clicking the x.

I already had the heroes, but it's nice not to have to buy the badges. Especially since Hope and Scott are already maxed out, and Cable is about a mission away from it.

I remember discussing card strategy with you a couple weeks ago... we just played 3 times... you got me once with Storm+Thor dominant deck and I repaid the favor twice. I was using a Hulk-Based, a healing based (unfortunately I realized at the last moment it has depleted blue blocks) and a healing-based plus high attack deck; the last one I won buy blocking the L11 Thor Double-Strength attack with 2 L13 Storm+Rogue cards. This happened right after you blocked my 30k Volts (the reveal card was a "blue" block and you had one in your hand). Since most of my attacks were dual-factor I was able to pull it out. Having 2 healing keepers pretty much saved my skin that game.

Glad to finally play someone I've talked with on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sir Poet Bionic Glider View Post
    I remember discussing card strategy with you a couple weeks ago... we just played 3 times... you got me once with Storm+Thor dominant deck and I repaid the favor twice. I was using a Hulk-Based, a healing based (unfortunately I realized at the last moment it has depleted blue blocks) and a healing-based plus high attack deck; the last one I won buy blocking the L11 Thor Double-Strength attack with 2 L13 Storm+Rogue cards. This happened right after you blocked my 30k Volts (the reveal card was a "blue" block and you had one in your hand). Since most of my attacks were dual-factor I was able to pull it out. Having 2 healing keepers pretty much saved my skin that game.

Glad to finally play someone I've talked with on the forums.
    Hey, yeah! I recognized you. Was it three times? I thought it was only twice.

Your last deck was a monster. After a while, I started groaning whenever you pulled out those dual-factor cards. I wonder if I could have won if I hadn't wasted a turn using Thor's Keeper Destroyer. I'm really tired and derpy and forgot it couldn't destroy healing factor cards. Which was what I needed to get rid of! Probably not, but it would have been a bit closer.
    SHSO: Polite Earthen Despair

Yes! It is an honor to join the 900 club. It's time to wait around while these Mayhem missions respawn. I'll let you guys know when I need the MODOK crisis... or maybe i'll go to the chatbox. I want to thank the people who played with me on the missions, the ppl who encouraged me here, and THE BULLSEYE MISSION!!!

s.jpg
    SHSO Name: Catching Spirit Fang

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Congrats! You're almost there. I'd like to join you on the MODOK crisis mission with my alt (level 20 FF Doom) so my alt can earn vibranium for my Mini FFF, that's all I need, I crafted the badges already.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thanks. I'll let you know when I'm near the last mayhem for Dr. Doom. I am still starting on Abomination.
    SHSO Name: Catching Spirit Fang

The Guy From ComicList Charles LePage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starshapedgummy View Post
    Yes! It is an honor to join the 900 club. It's time to wait around while these Mayhem missions respawn. I'll let you guys know when I need the MODOK crisis... or maybe i'll go to the chatbox. I want to thank the people who played with me on the missions, the ppl who encouraged me here, and THE BULLSEYE MISSION!!!
    Congratulations, and well done!
    SHSO Squad: Squire Valiant Snail

s.jpg
    Well i just hit 800 so ill see if i can join youu soon!
    Shso name: Loud Raker Guardian
    Motto: De Omnibus Dubitandum

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    When the sidekicks first got badges there was no timeout and people kept their heroes idling in the zones overnight, So Gaz got wind of this and added the timeout, which was then defeated with auto-clicks to keep the heroes active. Now the heroes have to actually do something to keep sidekicks spawning. My personal guess is that they don't want to see the zones full of heroes just standing with an occasional emote. In a way I understand this. A new player seeing people all over the place snoozing with sidekicks circling them would be puzzled, even more so when they don't respond to friend requests. As for the prize wheel, if people have a large ticket reserve they can keep the wheel spinning for hours and still have enough reserve at the end.

Edit: I posted this before reading CenturianSpy's explanation, so his makes better sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrebomb View Post
    I considered yours and Ray's points, and they are valid. But, then why wouldn't Gaz just code auto-closing a player after ten minutes of idling/auto-clicking (this would be far easier to code)? Why would they go to the trouble of keeping an account active on a server with the "ZZZZZZ" instead of just bumping them off?

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

I think sidekicks and collecting were a little flawed from the start.

You should have been able to choose which sidekick model you wanted, and then crafted abilities into it. So it would be possible to craft a sidekick with a "create 100 fractals a day at one fractal per ten seconds" buff, and when you get your 100 fractals you either switch to another sidekick with a create buff or call it a day.

There's no way to cheat the system if there are defined quantity limits that you can't manipulate. To my knowledge, nobody has ever cheated the prize wheel to gain more than 130 gold. But if you wanted to spend $50 to buy a lot of gold to buy sidekicks and generate a lot of game currency, then that's your right and Gaz's gain. I think limiting the gameplay and not the mechanic itself was a short-sighted move.

Quote Originally Posted by censorship View Post
    I think sidekicks and collecting were a little flawed from the start.

You should have been able to choose which sidekick model you wanted, and then crafted abilities into it. So it would be possible to craft a sidekick with a "create 100 fractals a day at one fractal per ten seconds" buff, and when you get your 100 fractals you either switch to another sidekick with a create buff or call it a day.

There's no way to cheat the system if there are defined quantity limits that you can't manipulate. To my knowledge, nobody has ever cheated the prize wheel to gain more than 130 gold. But if you wanted to spend $50 to buy a lot of gold to buy sidekicks and generate a lot of game currency, then that's your right and Gaz's gain. I think limiting the gameplay and not the mechanic itself was a short-sighted move.
    I've thought this too, but with the Dev Ach. Blog showing that there will be more in-zone content (stuff to do) & potion time-limits restricted to just in-zone (you lose potions effect when entering missions) I figure it was the plan all along for these sidekick effects to happen while doing the new in-zone content. They were probably just ahead of themselves and not "short-sighted", in fact just the opposite.

Default Attention SHSO Card Players!

If you have Captain America's quests (Easy and Hard), us wiki editors need a list of cards for each mission, BY NAME, to finish off Cap's Card Quest page. To prevent confusion (working on the same mission as another player) PLEASE PM me before you start. We recently added all of Cap's card pages and pie charts, so building a winning deck should be easy. To catch the cards titles (they do fly fast when you strike) we recommend you use a screen recording software and utilize your pointer-gauntlet to increase the size of each card. You do not have to edit the wiki if you want, just give me the list OR send a link to an uploaded view of your screen recording. Thanks for everyone's continued help on our wiki.

Does anyone know Adamantium Trapper Griffin, he is on my friends list but isn't there that much. For a while he had one of the highest squad lvls on my friends list, but that position has gone to Incredible Eye Turtle.
    Currently reading: Daredevil(2011), Amazing Spider-Man(2014), Moon Knight(2015), and Pop Goes the Weasel(1998)