Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Default Is IDW's original G.I. Joe line done, then?

Forgive my ignorance, but I just finished reading G.I. Joe #15 and Special Missions #14 last night and found out that these were the series' last issues. I've been following this line since IDW got the license, and I'm pretty disappointed. A Real American Hero is okay, but I much preferred the new IDW stuff, and I'm sorry to see it end.

I Googled a little late last night to see if anything else was waiting in the wings, but I couldn't find anything other than the new new G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover book, in which I have very little interest. Does anyone know if IDW have any plans of continuing their G.I. Joe line in the future, and if so, what creators might be involved? I'm a big Chuck Dixon fan--he's basically the reason I started reading G.I. Joe books in the first place--so I'm planning to pick up the new WinterWorld series next month, but I've also developed an affinity for the G.I. Joe characters now, and I'd like to see more adventures from them, regardless of who might be doing the writing.

Thanks for any insight you guys can give me.

The Fall of G.I. Joe is coming out later this year. A teaser image can be found here... http://generalsjoes.com/2014/03/19/f...ter-this-year/

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Thanks for that. I think I actually remember reading this news last month when I was wondering if Cobra and Mike Costa were ever coming back to the line, but I guess the whole "G.I. Joe disappearing from the solicitations, too," part of the article didn't really resonate with me at the time.

Regardless, I'm very relived to read this. That teaser image is pretty intriguing. Can't wait to hear who the creators involved are going to be.