View Poll Results: Batman/Superman by Greg Pak / What is your verdict?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5-Stars His work is the best compared to others in Marvel and DC right now

4 25.00%
  • 4-Stars His work is above average compared to others in Marvel and DC right now

8 50.00%
  • 3-Stars His work is average compared to others in Marvel and DC right now

2 12.50%
  • 2-Stars His work is below average compared to others in Marvel and DC right now

2 12.50%
  • 1-Star His work is poor compared to others in Marvel and DC right now

0 0%

Post Batman/Superman by Greg Pak / What is your verdict?

I must have been in a rabbit hole in the last 12 months. I didn't even know there was a new Batman/Superman ongoing for almost a year now. I loved the ones from the mid 2000s with the collaborations of Jeph Loeb with Michael Turner, Ed McGuiness, and Rags Morales in the first three volumes.

I loved Greg Pak's collaboration with Fred van Lente several years where they increased Hercules's stature and popularity amongst the reading populace. That was a great two year run.

I'm not sure yet how he's tackled the World's Finest Duo, so I'm going to ask your opinions on this book so far, and how has it been recently. Thanks.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

It's pretty good overall. The first arc was great, the second one has its detractors (although I find it pretty fun personally, but the art doesn't do it justice), and the 3rd one was pretty good if you can make abstration of the fact you have to read World's Finest.And the annual was great.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

I think it's been interesting at times, but it's lesser than Pak's Action Comics.

BANNED

I went 4 (more 3 1/2), but I'd give Action 4 1/2 - 5.

I gave him 5 stars because he writes a fantastic Superman. That's enough for me.

I give it a solid 4-4.5/5, B/S is just an all around solid book....but not quite Greg Pak's best, that distinction goes to his Action Comics run.

Quote Originally Posted by Jphu8414 View Post
    I give it a solid 4-4.5/5, B/S is just an all around solid book....but not quite Greg Pak's best, that distinction goes to his Action Comics run.
    It just shows you how I've been not around lately. I didn't even know he was on Action. Looks like that's going to be a different direction than GM's direction from the new52 reboot from a couple of years ago. But man, Greg Pak gets to play with the Worlds Finest here. I just hope that DC Editorial doesn't cuff his hands to much, and just lets him loose with these two characters in this book.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sabongero View Post
    It just shows you how I've been not around lately. I didn't even know he was on Action. Looks like that's going to be a different direction than GM's direction from the new52 reboot from a couple of years ago. But man, Greg Pak gets to play with the Worlds Finest here. I just hope that DC Editorial doesn't cuff his hands to much, and just lets him loose with these two characters in this book.
    Sure shows how you've not been around lately.
    So far, the book has been applauded as being the closest thing in tone and characterisation to Morrison's run since the New 52 started.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.