All-New Member FlamingAmazingGaming's Avatar

Default Identify this character?

Hi guys, I'm new here and I stumbled upon a sketch card by Tony Fleecs (AMF) but I can't seem to remember her name!

Here's a picture:

All-New Member FlamingAmazingGaming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Thanks so much!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I was thrilled when Frankie Raye became Galactus' herald. A great story arc, if you ever get a chance to read the now classic FF #242-244.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I'm still in mourning for Frankie.

All those other Heralds can die and come back, but not her... nope... (don't really count the girl in that Heralds mini as her).
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

All those other Heralds can die and come back, but not her... nope... (don't really count the girl in that Heralds mini as her).
    I never liked making her a Herald (and then killing her). She could have at least returned to 'normal'.

I loved her origin, tied into Horton and the original Torch, bravo, Mr. Byrner, but I always thought . . .

she was the best possible replacement for Crystal, as a woman he truly loved. So the denouement, in a way, was too similar to how Crystal exited as his first great love.

Crystal went to Pietro and in her own way Nova went to Galactus (a sort of love of its own).

So too replayed for my tastes. I think they could have done better. I wanted to see all kinds of flamey-babies!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I never liked making her a Herald (and then killing her). She could have at least returned to 'normal'.

I loved her origin, tied into Horton and the original Torch, bravo, Mr. Byrner, but I always thought . . .

she was the best possible replacement for Crystal, as a woman he truly loved. So the denouement, in a way, was too similar to how Crystal exited as his first great love.

Crystal went to Pietro and in her own way Nova went to Galactus (a sort of love of its own).

So too replayed for my tastes. I think they could have done better. I wanted to see all kinds of flamey-babies!
    I always wished that Galactus' Heralds couldn't truly die. I realize Byrne's interpretation of Galactus as one of the 3 pillars of creation (Life and Death being the other two) occured decades after Galactus was created, but I always hoped that someone would establish that when Galactus imparts the Power Cosmic to his heralds, he is bestowing a portion of himself, a unique lifeforce that is beyond death or life as we know it. As such so long as a herald had the Power Cosmic within them, they couldn't truly die. (Of course, Galactus would always reserve the right to remove that unique abilitiy whenever he "fired" one of his heralds.) That said, Gabriel Lan's death pretty much threw a wrench into that. If only Byrne had been working for Marvel when FF 48 was conceptualized.

In any event, Frankie Raye/Nova still exists at least in one alternate reality according to the "Last Galactus Story" that John Byrne did for Epic Illustrated magazine. She is with Galactus (and in love with him) millions of years into the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

Nova was the first comic book death to really get to me as a kid. With her flame burning out and turning a cold silver? Yeesh.

And unbelievably, she's still dead.