Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What does he add to the group. He is stronger in his fields than the others but is that a field that will help? Yeah the Hulk adds strength but that is not the issue.

It's an interesting situation, for sure. I can't imagine that Bruce will stick around with the Illuminati in good conscience for long.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    What does he add to the group. He is stronger in his fields than the others but is that a field that will help? Yeah the Hulk adds strength but that is not the issue.
    Having another genius on the team when facing this issue is certainly a plus.

I mean what's going on in New Avengers isn't something you can really ignore, but he'll be another smart guy at the table. It will be cool to see him smash something though.

Hulk forgives, but Hulk doesn't forget.

Perhaps when the Illuminati's guard is down Hulk will get his revenge and launch those who wronged him into space.

Whatcha gonna do, Illuminati, when Hulkamania runs WILD ON YOUUUUU?!

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    Stark, Black Bolt, Reed, and Strange.

All four wanted him gone.
    Wasn't Black Bolt dead or a Skrull around that time?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm still flabbergasted over the recent Avengers/ New Avengers issue and the fact that the Hulk joined the Illuminati.

The Hulk, the Green Goliath, joining the very group of people/ friends that banished/exiled him from earth for a year and nearly got Manhattan destroyed when he came back for revenge.

Does anyone think this is a good idea, especially given the various Hulks in Banner's mind ?

As Hulk and/or Avengers fans what do you think of this ?
    That's why Tony offered Banner the choice... is he going to fight them, or is Bruce going to help fix the multiverse?

The current Incursions are much bigger than any issue the Hulk may have... and they need the muscle that the Hoklu the Worldbreaker can bring, should they need to destroy an Earth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Patchmadripoor View Post
    That's why Tony offered Banner the choice... is he going to fight them, or is Bruce going to help fix the multiverse?

The current Incursions are much bigger than any issue the Hulk may have... and they need the muscle that the Hoklu the Worldbreaker can bring, should they need to destroy an Earth.
    I just realized, this could mean the return of the Worldbreaker persona.
    The noble king with intense rage and honor... I really loved that Hulk.

BANNED

It's pretty much one of the only interesting thing to happen in Hickman's Avengers since it started. It sounds like he'll barely get his Illuminati badge before they're outed though.

I think it's a good idea. He certainly fits in the group.

Both Banner and the Hulk respectively made their peace with all of the Illuminati members. Now that he knows the stakes and what they're doing, he understands that it needs to be done. By getting involved, he has a chance the steer them in what he considers the right direction. Smashing them wouldn't solve anything, nor would pretending they don't exist.

I do hope the Green Scar persona returns, or at the very least, that the dumb Hulk we've had lately goes away. I feel like the Hulk would need some more intelligence and self-control to work in that setting.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

His scene with Stark was good too, i actually chuckled a bit at the tranquilizers joke. The humor was a nice palette cleanse from the usual exposition and dour affairs.

Hopefully we'll see more focus on character moments in his Avengers run from this point. The last couple of issues before the most recent ones for both books were really poor and really highlighted a lot of the negative stuff associated with his writing.

All-New Member

I think Bruce is on board, and probably Hulk will be OK with it too. But both of them will probably still have their reservations (and rightfully so) over what happened in the past between them and the Illumatini. My guess is a working relationship for awhile before either Bruce gets booted similar to how Steve got booted. Or the Illuminati get outed and incur the wrath of a bunch of other people.

Either way, I really want to see Green Scar/WorldBreaker Hulk show up at least once during this run.

I hope he has sense enough to not condone wanton murder. He may also be looking at a way to purge himself of the Hulk(s) within, or a way to keep them in check with an infinity gem(s).

Another wrinkle in this alliance to consider is what his reaction to Cap's exile from the group will be. You know he'll think will they do that to him if he disagrees with their decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchmadripoor View Post
    and they need the muscle that the Hoklu the Worldbreaker can bring, should they need to destroy an Earth.
    Really?

The last thing they need is another resource to destroy a world.

Tony's sphere
    The weapon orbiting Jupiter
    T'challa and Reed's anti-matter bombs
    Dr. Strange's new power

If anything, they need a Hulk to help protect earth against the bad guys (priest, ivory kings, swan?, ect) or against other alt earth heroes (great society)

But to kill a world? They can already do that easily.