Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

The Fade Out.

I know it's still only been one issue, but what can I say, they knocked it out of the park for me. I'm waiting very impatiently for issue 2. The book just hit all the right notes for me.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Astonishing Member

My favorite book is the one i am reading at the time. If i read Lazarus ist my fave book, if i read Walking Dead that would be my choice...its impossible to have a Favorit one. Ist like picking your favorite child...cruel...

East of West is a good read but i enjoy it more in a row than month to month, same with Lazarus, so i have to pick Saga, Savage Dragon or Walking Dead. And then there is Invincible and others....

Oh Damn: Walking Dead gives me the most joy month to month...or maybe...no...TWD wins today. But just today!

Amazing Member

Tough call, but I think I'd give the slight edge to Trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent John Bishop View Post
    Prophet by Brandon Graham. Prophet is the most creative, strange, intelligent addicting title anyone is publishing today. Reading it reminds me of the first time I picked up Watchmen and Sandman as it is telling a story I never would have considered possible in comics.
    Prophet needs more love.
    BB

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Prophet needs more love.
    It really does. I get that it's a little weird for the mainstream (I definitely have friends of good taste whom I doubt would like it). But in a comics community that has embraced sci-fi like Saga and East Of West, I would have thought there would be more love for such a wonderfully creative, strange title. I also like how it's not self-aware. There's a spirit of old fashioned, almost conan-esque, adventure that takes itself not exactly seriously, but at least with a straight face. I am very tired of sci-fi titles that wink at the audience to let them know it's not to be taken seriously.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I'm going to second Prophet. Incredible book.

Prophet really is great. I need to do a re-read of my three TPBs soon.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

I'm gonna have to say Invincible, probably the comic I enjoy reading the most (even re-reading), the art, characters and storylines just hit all the right notes for me.

On an off topic note, can I start reading prophet from the 2012 series and understand what is going on?
    Black Science, Copperhead, Deadly Class, East of West, The Fade Out, Five Ghosts, Ghosted, Injustice, Invincible, Lazarus, Manifest Destiny, Nailbiter, Outcast, Saga, Southern Bastards, Spread,The Walking Dead, Wayward, XO Manowar

Quote Originally Posted by Davenex View Post
    On an off topic note, can I start reading prophet from the 2012 series and understand what is going on?
    That's what I did and it worked fine for me.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

It's actually intended that you do it that way. It's a shame they aren't more clear about it since that may be the biggest barrier to entry (thinking the 90s stuff must be read first).

Yeah as others have said: start from the 2012 beginning. First trade is called Remission. I recently found an issue of the 90ies series in a dollar bin and it's nothing like the current series. Not even remotely as interesting too. Since Brandon Graham & co took over it's been completely revamped, kinda just how Keatinge & Ross Campbell completely overhauled Glory in 2012 too.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

BANNED

Supreme: Blue Rose. It's like the bestest guide for an adventure.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

of the ones I read...

Saga and East of West are the best-crafted

Zero is the most thought-provoking

Chew has everything

If I had to pick a single Precious? It'd have to be Saga. ...or Chew. Probably Saga. F it, Chew deserves my love. Chew it is.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

LAZARUS is the book I look forward to most each month.

It's so hard to choose though. As of now SUPREME might take the spot, I'm in awe of that book.

Saga. I read the first three trades in two sittings, then i read them again. I also really enjoy Trees.