Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default One and only One ... Current Image Title to Rule Them All

So the title says it all. Not 2 or 3 or a whole list, but one and only one. What is your Favorite Current Image Title?

I'm probably going to be the only one to vote for it, but I'm going with Morning Glories.

LOW

And I have no problems saying that after only 2 issues. From the very first page I was completely immersed (no pun intended) in the story. The art has a lot to do with that.... I think it fits brilliantly with the setting and tone of the book. I love how the circumstances arise from a very real situation (the sun expanding and causing the earth to be uninhabitable) and the sci-fi that's added to that only looks like it's getting better.

Incredible Member

A difficult question. I am going to go against the grain, but not just for the sake of going against the grain. My choice is a great book by a relatively unknown team. There have been 6 issues (1 arc), and a second arc is set to begin in November. I really hope someone who hasn't picked it up gives it a shot.

The book is THE MERCENARY SEA.

It has a Secret of Monkey Island like atmosphere to it (for those that remember that old computer game). It is set in the South Pacific in 1938 (pre-World War II). The art is fantastic...just fantastic. Take a look at some preview pages and see for yourself. The story is pure pulp adventure...think Indiana Jones. It will scratch your adventure itch...I promise.

While there are some better books out there from a technical standpoint, The Mercenary Sea is the single book I look forward to reading everytime it comes out.

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Prophet by Brandon Graham. Prophet is the most creative, strange, intelligent addicting title anyone is publishing today. Reading it reminds me of the first time I picked up Watchmen and Sandman as it is telling a story I never would have considered possible in comics.

Right now, there is one Image comic I would put above all the others:

EAST OF WEST

From the art, to the characters, to the storyline, everything about it has me completely captivated and eager to see where it goes. The dialogue is fresh, the art is crisp, and the world-building is excellent.
    Last edited by Dorktron; 09-16-2014 at 09:52 AM.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Morning Glories.

Im a sucker of a good mystery and the characterisation is top notch.

This is a tough one as nearly my whole pull is consisted of Image titles. I would have to agree with Dorktron that East of West is currently my favourite title, although I haven't finished the third arc yet I absolutely love it. The world building is exceptional, better than titles such as Saga and probably Lazarus to an extent, and I feel as if the art just fits seamlessly with the dialogue and the world that it is trying to portray. The characters are unique in their own way, and although the 'Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse' has been down to death so many times and could get a bit cliché, Hickman sheds a new lease of life into them. It is also one of the only comics to leave me open mouthed (ending of 2nd arc), which I fully appreciate

Can't wait to pick up the remaining issues of the 3rd arc!

Invincible. And, as much as I really love a lot of different Image titles, it's not even close.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Oh cruel, cruel making us narrow it down to just one.

Elephantmen has the most nailbiting cliffhanger of my current pull list, but I think Lazarus has nudged its way up into the top spot for the moment.

Chew.

One of those rare gems of hilarity being perfectly offset by poignancy that never feels schmaltzy, incredibly human throughtout, may be the best way to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Right now, there is one Image comic I would put about all the others:

EAST OF WEST

From the art, to the characters, to the storyline, everything about it has me completely captivated and eager to see where it goes. The dialogue is fresh, the art is crisp, and the world-building is excellent.
    Another vote for EoW.

Lazarus. Consistently great and provocative.

Quote Originally Posted by brooky1969 View Post
    Lazarus. Consistently great and provocative.
    I'll agree with you there. Lazarus was a close second for me because it always makes me question things and leaves me thinking between issues, especially the second arc. Rucka puts so much time and effort into Lazarus, especially with the fake ads that are on the back cover and in the letters section that really makes it a stellar series.

(Writing this now has made me want to change my choice, kinda.... :S )

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    (Writing this now has made me want to change my choice, kinda.... :S )
    I think we are identical in our top 2: East of West, then Lazarus. I would round out my top 3 with Sheltered right now but that is ending soon.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Saga is probably the best ongoing comic I've ever read and my comic of the decade for the 2010s so far. It's essentially flawless and is more entertaining and heartfelt than any other comic out there.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman