Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Saga is probably the best ongoing comic I've ever read and my comic of the decade for the 2010s so far. It's essentially flawless and is more entertaining and heartfelt than any other comic out there.
    I probably would have said that at the end of the third arc, but the current arc isn't really doing much for me at the moment whereas other current books such as EoW and Lazarus are having a much stronger couple of months. I do think Saga will pick up the pace as it heads towards the conclusion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I think we are identical in our top 2: East of West, then Lazarus. I would round out my top 3 with Sheltered right now but that is ending soon.
    Good taste ;D Seen great things about Sheltered, might pick up the first trade tomorrow. Deciding between that and Alex + Ada.

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    Good taste ;D Seen great things about Sheltered, might pick up the first trade tomorrow. Deciding between that and Alex + Ada.
    Both great titles but I would grab Sheltered if you can.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

I'll agree with you there. Lazarus was a close second for me because it always makes me question things and leaves me thinking between issues, especially the second arc. Rucka puts so much time and effort into Lazarus, especially with the fake ads that are on the back cover and in the letters section that really makes it a stellar series.

(Writing this now has made me want to change my choice, kinda.... :S )
    I LOVE the fake ads on the back of Lazarus. Can't get enough of them

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Another vote for EoW.
    And another vote for East of West, A difficult question as my entire pull is now Image except for a couple of other indies.

Nailbiter. Great comic about serial killers and where they come from (literally), and the main characters are really interesting as well. The art's great all around, but there are some that you end up looking over a bunch of times because the sequences are just a step above the rest (there's a morgue sequence that I love.)

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I LOVE the fake ads on the back of Lazarus. Can't get enough of them
    They just add a new dynamic to a series I have never seen before. Using real 'people' instead of drawings also just makes the comic seem so much more real and adds to the already incredible world building. The ad on the back of issue #11 is great. I actually thought there were creases in my back cover for a minute until I realised it was a folded pamphlet :S Sat there in complete awe of the attention to detail of the fake ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Both great titles but I would grab Sheltered if you can.
    I will pick up the first volume tomorrow then Hope it becomes a favourite!

They just add a new dynamic to a series I have never seen before. Using real 'people' instead of drawings also just makes the comic seem so much more real and adds to the already incredible world building. The ad on the back of issue #11 is great. I actually thought there were creases in my back cover for a minute until I realised it was a folded pamphlet :S Sat there in complete awe of the attention to detail of the fake ads.
    I thought it was an actual ad at first. It took me a couple of seconds to recognize the family name. Pretty incredible.

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I thought it was an actual ad at first. It took me a couple of seconds to recognize the family name. Pretty incredible.
    I just wish that along with the backmatter they were included in the trades. I know they will be in the inevitable deluxe editions, but I hate being made to buy twice.

Amazing Member

Well seeing as how the Walking Dead is the only comic book I buy these days.. and seeing how it is on Image...

I guess I'd have to say the Walking Dead.

Now if Wytches lives up to even half of the hype surrounding it right now, the next time someone asks this question, I may have to struggle to answer it. And if Hack/Slash comes back as an ongoing with Tim coming back to write what was his flagship title, then it will really be hard to answer.
    Funny Books That Currently Have My Attention (for now): Can't think of a single one...

This is a toss-up between Multiple Warheads and Saga for me. The latter is more constant in schedule and hits more varied emotions for me, plus I really like the letters column. But daaaaaang is this a close call, gonna give it to Saga though. I think. Maybe.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Changes on a monthly basis. Currently it's Deadly Class. (Disclosure: I only read digital and usually with a one to two months delay so not fully up to speed with the latest books).

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Revival

It has everything. Great characters, real human emotion and drama, great horror, a really engaging story with plenty of plotlines that actually balances them all pretty well, great pacing, decent artwork, and it never fails to surprise you. Easily the best comic I've read from the company and I can't see anything better than it.

Amazing Member

Zero.

Of all the comics I'm reading, Zero is the title that impressed me the most, particularly on how it is able to use a different narrative technique each issue and how it employs a sublime mix of subtlety, complexity, and earnestness every time. And this is perfect for the title's self-contained single-issues-with-a-strong-connective-issue structure. I also love how the writing plays to the strengths of each artist, and how each collaborative effort adds a different texture and sensibility to the overall mythology the title is building on, giving it more dimension.
    Last edited by Trilipush; 09-16-2014 at 07:33 PM.