Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Velvet - Just perfectly put together for me.

Rat Queens for me. The characters are just the perfect balance of hilarious and bad ass. I love the sort of casual, modern aspects that are blended in with all the fantasy, including the RPG elements. It's actually probably my favorite current ongoing series, period. As a D&D player (and a fan of fantasy in general), I just can't get enough of it. Speaking of which, my only real complaint is that issues keep getting delayed, though I think there are probably some legit reasons for it.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC!

This is about as tough of a question as can be asked. Several books I love right now for different and their own reasons. If I was forced to drop all but one, Lazarus is the book I'd keep reading. Rucka has developed an exceptional story, characters, and world with an obvious long range plan for it. Lark's art has been top notch perfect as well. The subtleties in his work never fail to amaze me.

I'll have to go with Lazarus. Simply a great book.

It really speaks to Image's strength as a publisher that so many different titles are being listed.
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Lazarus IS so good!
    But my one title is ALEX & ADA!!!!

everyone get it. right now.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

kaptinJankles

I would have to say Revival is my favorite by far.

Between the combination of Tim Seeley's story and Mike Norton's art, it is a great visual story that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Quote Originally Posted by brooky1969 View Post
    Lazarus. Consistently great and provocative.
    Thanks for beating me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    A difficult question. I am going to go against the grain, but not just for the sake of going against the grain. My choice is a great book by a relatively unknown team. There have been 6 issues (1 arc), and a second arc is set to begin in November. I really hope someone who hasn't picked it up gives it a shot.

The book is THE MERCENARY SEA.

It has a Secret of Monkey Island like atmosphere to it (for those that remember that old computer game). It is set in the South Pacific in 1938 (pre-World War II). The art is fantastic...just fantastic. Take a look at some preview pages and see for yourself. The story is pure pulp adventure...think Indiana Jones. It will scratch your adventure itch...I promise.

While there are some better books out there from a technical standpoint, The Mercenary Sea is the single book I look forward to reading everytime it comes out.
    I just finished up reading the first six individual issues. It's now on my pull. I really enjoyed it. Like.. Firefly on Earth right at the start of WWII

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I just finished up reading the first six individual issues. It's now on my pull. I really enjoyed it. Like.. Firefly on Earth right at the start of WWII
    I'm happy to have a new reader on the book!! Glad you enjoyed it!!

Southern Bastards, but that's just today. Other contenders? Prophet, Trees, Supreme: Blue Rose, Zero, Manhattan Projects and East of West are also all brilliant.
    Last edited by Swamp Thing 2099; 10-26-2014 at 04:52 PM.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

So many possibilities but right now it's probably Sex Criminals. Beautiful art, interesting characters and a perfect mixture of humour, honesty and imagination, but when you factor in the terrific letter column and the fact that a series with this premise has no busy being this good, it's hard not to pick it as my number 1 Image title right now. Like I said though, it's not an easy choice.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    Southern Bastards, but that's just today. Other contenders? Prophet, Trees, Supreme: Blue Rose, Zero, Manhattan Projects and East of West are also all brilliant.
    Your taste is impeccable. With the exception of Southern Bastards, that is pretty much my pull list.

This whole thread is just cruel. So i'm giving my top 3(as of today.)
    1. East of West
    2. Lazarus
    3. Saga

Quote Originally Posted by Agent John Bishop View Post
    Your taste is impeccable. With the exception of Southern Bastards, that is pretty much my pull list.
    Thank you, sir. I may have also forgotten the terrific Saga.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    Velvet - Just perfectly put together for me.
    I agree, Velvet, is by far the most perfect book put out by Image right now. I only wish it were monthly but achieving greatness can take time and I'm ok with that.