Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    This whole thread is just cruel. So i'm giving my top 3(as of today.)
    1. East of West
    2. Lazarus
    3. Saga
    Could be argued as the "Big 3" of Image Comics.

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    You think? I would like to think that, but I have trouble getting a read on what's actually popular. I hear a ton of buzz around "Sex Criminals" and "Rat Queens" even though I don't read them. Also, by numbers, Walking Dead is the biggest title.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent John Bishop View Post
    You think? I would like to think that, but I have trouble getting a read on what's actually popular. I hear a ton of buzz around "Sex Criminals" and "Rat Queens" even though I don't read them. Also, by numbers, Walking Dead is the biggest title.
    Possibly TWD instead of Lazarus. For some reason my brain always separates The Walking Dead from the rest of Image. I don't know why.

Hard to say. I am reading 14 image titles right now and there are 3 maybe 4 that could interchange with my top three at any given moment i feel.
    Just so much goodness, and more to come from the looks of it. I gather you're a fan of Low, if this keeps going as it has I think it could be right up there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Hard to say. I am reading 14 image titles right now and there are 3 maybe 4 that could interchange with my top three at any given moment i feel.
    Just so much goodness, and more to come from the looks of it. I gather you're a fan of Low, if this keeps going as it has I think it could be right up there as well.
    Yeah, you gotta include TWD as the top selling Image title, with Saga being 2nd. After that, there are a few series that sell really well for Image that could take the last spot (Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, Outcast, etc).
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

I'm going back and forth between Lazarus and Velvet at the moment. I really enjoy the world building that Rucka and Lark are doing, but Brubaker and Epting's spy story with Velvet has been fantastic each every issue. And that is not even taking into consideration Invincible which has had 115 issues of great stories. East of West is very enjoyable as is Zero. I'm not as high on Saga as most people and ended up dropping it a few issues back.

Hard decision, but I have to go with Velvet and Lazarus is a very close second. I'm looking forward to the day that they both have a lot of issues out and I can go back and binge read them as one big story.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Spectacular Member

I would say saga, but this arc has been kinda slow. If this next issue doesn't tie up nicely I'd say manhattan projects.

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Possibly TWD instead of Lazarus. For some reason my brain always separates The Walking Dead from the rest of Image. I don't know why.

Mine does the same thing. I think it doesn't fit with the design asthetic of the rest of Image (notice how different the volumes look). It also doesn't have the wild creativity of the other big Image books but that's more a matter of opinion.

Mine does the same thing. I think it doesn't fit with the design asthetic of the rest of Image (notice how different the volumes look). It also doesn't have the wild creativity of the other big Image books but that's more a matter of opinion.
    Oh yea... when I said Big 3, I meant in terms of critical acclaim and popularity. My Big 3 will look totally different from anyone else's. That's just the quality of books Image is putting out right now.

The Walking Dead has transcended into pop culture. It is pretty obvious that this is the one Image title above all else.

My other two favorites would be Saga and Manifest Destiny; followed closely by Invincible.

THIS THREAD IS MEAN.

It's really hard for me to choose my favourite... Would have to be one of these:

•Alex + Ada
    •The Wicked + The Divine
    •Rat Queens
    •The Walking Dead

I think Alex + Ada may be the winner. Or WicDiv, I do love WicDiv (even more after #5).

Alex + Ada it is. Alex + Ada wins. Alex + Ada is my favourite title that Image is publishing right now.
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

Manifest Destiny is one that I haven't read that gets a lot of high praise too.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Yay LoonyKoala!
    Alex and Ada is my favorite, too.
    with Lazarus, and Rat Queens, right behind,
    and Starlight, Velvet, and Thief of Thieves on the list, too.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

BANNED

Lazarus, by many miles.

BANNED

Agree with #2. I prefer Morning Glories over EoW, although EoW is decent. I was hot for Saga originally but I'm tired of the Giffen-esque humor --- juvenile.

I'm enjoying Trees, too. Warren Ellis can do no wrong.