Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Will miss The Fade Out ... this month
    Does that mean the first arc is only 4 issues? How often do Image books skip a month just to resume their storyline?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FiveGhosts View Post
    Does that mean the first arc is only 4 issues? How often do Image books skip a month just to resume their storyline?
    I've noticed that Brubaker's books seem to be on something closer to a 6 week schedule rather than a 1 months schedule. It is possible we will see it the first week of January.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post

Spencer said to expect an update on his books at NYCC.
    Thanks for the info...I had not seen that. I'll be glad to know he's actually still doing some of the books he's announced, as they all sounded really cool.

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I've noticed that Brubaker's books seem to be on something closer to a 6 week schedule rather than a 1 months schedule. It is possible we will see it the first week of January.
    I see. This is my first Brubaker book, but that makes sense especially if the artists he works with need more time to finish an issue.

It happened with Southern Bastards too. A month was skipped in the middle of the first arc rather than at the end.

All-New Member

Another fine, if relatively quiet month :-

Bitch Planet #1, East of West #16, Wicked & Divine #6, Copperhead #4, Lazarus #14, ODYC #2, Wytches #3 and Zero #13.

Will miss :- The Fade Out, The Manhattan Projects, Rat Queens, Saga, Southern Bastards and Velvet.

Bitch Planet #1
    Birthright #3
    The Wicked and the Divine #6
    Deadly Class #10
    Intersect #2
    Lazarus #14
    Low #6
    Nailbiter #8
    Odyc #2
    Spread #6
    Supreme: Blue Rose #5
    Trees #8
    The Walking Dead #135
    Wytches #3
    Zero #13

Really excited for another Stephenson book.

InfoGeek and Dorktron must not know about Nate Bellegarde's breakdown and output issues. Here's his entire missive on the subject: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...XJb7XTrzY/edit

TLDR, we won't be seeing Nowhere Men any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning;516083
    InfoGeek and Dorktron must not know about Nate Bellegarde's breakdown and output issues. Here's his entire missive on the subject: [url
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b4Y2v413ak6zPxLduZyJM0RW5Yq-41MMLOXJb7XTrzY/edit[/url]
    Nope, I sure didn't. If that is indeed true, then I have no problem with Eric moving on to a new series.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

I see. This is my first Brubaker book, but that makes sense especially if the artists he works with need more time to finish an issue.
    Yea I agree with wwise03. Velvet seems to be on a six week schedule as well, but he might pick it up a bit now Fatale has gone and he only has Velvet and The Fade Out. Betty Breitweiser is colouring a lot of prolific comics as well e.g. Outcast, Velvet, The Fade Out so she might need a bit of time as well.

A lot of my heavy hitters are taking the month off (Saga, Chew, Southern Bastards), but there are still a lot of good books to grab here. My picks:

Deadly Class
    Copperhead
    Wayward
    Umbral

If I like their previous issues:

Rasputin
    ODY-C (wow, that cover is amazing)
    Intersect
    Wytches

And I get Saga in trade in addition to the digital singles, so I'll pick up Vol 4 at some point.

This is kind of off-topic but I'm getting really tired of the trend to market new series as "this movie meets this movie" and so forth. It's making these series seem less original and calling attention to how they may be derivative or overly influenced by other works. Just sell the comic on its own merits.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

BANNED

for sure:

THE WALKING DEAD #135
    WYTCHES #3

maybe:

DRIFTER #2
    LOW #6
    ROCHE LIMIT #4

i guess BLACK SCIENCE is taking a break again? and still no STORM DOGS vol 2?

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post

This is kind of off-topic but I'm getting really tired of the trend to market new series as "this movie meets this movie" and so forth. It's making these series seem less original and calling attention to how they may be derivative or overly influenced by other works. Just sell the comic on its own merits.
    Gotta agree with that. I've been noticing the solicits doing this more and more.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

They're Not Like Us #1
    Alex + Ada #11
    Birthright #3
    Copperhead #4
    Drifter #2
    Revival #26
    Spread #6
    Tooth & Claw #2
    Wayward #5
    Witchblade #181
    Wytches #3
    Zero #13
    Last edited by Frogtown; 09-23-2014 at 09:29 PM.

Man has Image been a bust for me in 2014. At the end of last year I was getting around a dozen books a month. Now it's down to 2, EAST OF WEST #16 and ZERO #13. The Image of old with titles in constant delay is back in full force.