Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by cookepuss View Post
    I'd say not. TBH, his monthly pull list looks mine for just this Wednesday. (Seriously. This weeks is costing me about $140.)

Some of us tend to purchase a good 10-15 titles a week. Twice that if we include other publishers in the mix. It sounds like a terribly large number. I know. However, expense-wise, it's not too different than maybe getting a new game or two each week, which plenty of people do.

The REAL problem is not expense, but storage. Personally, I've been collecting comics for a good 30 years. Do the math. Suppose, on the low end, I only buy 10 comics each week. I do that for 30 years. That's a 15k+ comics. Getting "only" 15 comics each week, that number climbs to 23k+ comics over that 30 year period. Honestly? I've got a good deal more than that. I've got a bunch of books from way before 1984, including a bunch of stuff from the 70s and some very early issues of Avengers & X-Men from the 60s. Just imagine trying to store all of those issues. Not easy. Nope.

Jameszahra's list might seem huge to you, but it's pretty small to collector types.
    It's all relative, i guess.

What's a lot to one person isn't to another, etc.

I agree about the space issue, that's also my main concern... i order my main stuff two months in advance and if it ends up not being that great then i either throw it away or give it to Goodwill as to free up space, also i double up the Comics with one in the front and one in the back using a quality bag/board to really save that extra space. That's also one of the reasons i keep my budget/quantity down in trying to maintain a "quality over quantity" mentality. Usually it's based on the covers first and foremost, because that's what's on display with mine.

I can't get into digital Comics, that would sure save space but there's something preferable about having the physical copy that digital doesn't offer.

But... yeah, i only keep what i consider to be my absolute favorites and best quality for storage/space issues and what not.
    Last edited by SXVA; 09-16-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

Guaranteed pull list...
    Amazing Spider-Man #11/#12
    Guardians 3000 #3
    Fantastic Four #14
    Magneto #13
    X-Force #13

Not guaranteed because I don't care for tie-ins...
    Amazing X-Men #14
    Inhumans #9/#10

Quote Originally Posted by cookepuss View Post
    I'd say not. TBH, his monthly pull list looks mine for just this Wednesday. (Seriously. This weeks is costing me about $140.)

Some of us tend to purchase a good 10-15 titles a week. Twice that if we include other publishers in the mix. It sounds like a terribly large number. I know. However, expense-wise, it's not too different than maybe getting a new game or two each week, which plenty of people do.

The REAL problem is not expense, but storage. Personally, I've been collecting comics for a good 30 years. Do the math. Suppose, on the low end, I only buy 10 comics each week. I do that for 30 years. That's a 15k+ comics. Getting "only" 15 comics each week, that number climbs to 23k+ comics over that 30 year period. Honestly? I've got a good deal more than that. I've got a bunch of books from way before 1984, including a bunch of stuff from the 70s and some very early issues of Avengers & X-Men from the 60s. Just imagine trying to store all of those issues. Not easy. Nope.

Jameszahra's list might seem huge to you, but it's pretty small to collector types.
    You hit the nail on the head. Storage is the biggest problem. I order between 50-60 single issues every month, along with about 100 back issues every 2 months.

I've been collecting for about 7 years and I've pretty much read 90% of marvel titles from year 2000 and beyond...

I often ask myself, when's it going to stop or reduce, but I'm yet to find the answer. I don't have a single friend that likes comics its just something i do for myself.....I thing it's just become an addiction..but I love it. It is quite costly as I live in Australia and it costs a fortune in shipping, but it's worth it, it makes me happy when I walk into my comic room and seem my collection

Spectacular Member

Bummer. Just Captain America and the Mighty Avengers for me. I have Daredevil, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and ANGR to collect in trade, but that's a light month-to-month showing from Marvel; lightest since I started collecting comics, I think.

Amazing Member

No Savage Hulk #7? Are they cancelling that series? Or is Thanos vs. Hulk replacing it?

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Dear God am I not looking forward to Axis. I was already dreading it, but now there's the "NOTHING WILL EVAR BE DA SAME!!!!!!!" and even the "Astonishing Avengers vs the Uncanny X-Men". For a second, I thought it was Astonishing Avengers vs Mighty X-Men or something. Is "Astonishing Avengers" even a thing that's said? Also, the hell is up with Axis #9's blacked out person? I'm gonna guess it's Laura as Wolverine.

Oh, and Avengers omnibi must be mine!!!!
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

damn big month for me

ALL-NEW ULTIMATES #11
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #11
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #12
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1
    AXIS: CARNAGE #3 (of 3)
    AXIS: HOBGOBLIN #3 (of 3)
    DAREDEVIL #11
    GEORGE ROMERO’S EMPIRE OF THE DEAD: ACT TWO #4 (of 5)
    GUARDIANS 3000 #3
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #22
    LEGENDARY STAR-LORD #6
    MARVEL UNIVERSE ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN: WEB WARRIORS #2
    MILES MORALES: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #8
    ROCKET RACCOON #6
    SCARLET SPIDERS #2 (of 3)
    SPIDER-MAN 2099 #7
    SPIDER-MAN AND THE X-MEN #1
    SPIDER-VERSE TEAM-UP #2 (of 3)
    SPIDER-WOMAN #2

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar View Post
    No Savage Hulk #7? Are they cancelling that series? Or is Thanos vs. Hulk replacing it?
    Yes Hulk vs thanos replaces savage hulk
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos022 View Post
    1. Even if it is a storyline, it doesn't change the fact that Marvel is still spitting in Thor's face even after he's been screwed out of his hammer and his title.
    Not to mention his clothes!

He might have lost his hammer but there better be a good reason why he then goes around dressed like a homeless bum.

Finally volume two of the Avengers omnibus is coming! And volume one of Busiek's run?! Fantastic news!
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Finally volume 2 of the Omnibus is coming out. Pity we have to wait 6 months but I guess that because of the upcoming movie in 2015.