Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default X-Men confirmed as ''The Villains'' of Axis.

In a shocking revelation that absolutely no one saw coming, it looks like the X-Men will be playing the villains for the 2nd time in 3 years in a Avengers event.

From the Axis #7/8 & Deadpool #38 December solicitations:

''THIS IS IT! THE BATLE ROYALE OF YOUR DREAMS--THE ASTONISHING AVENGERS VS THE UNCANNY X-MEN FOR THE FATE OF NEW YORK!''
    ''DEADPOOL HAS GONE ZEN! HE FOUND PEACE! HE SWORE OFF VIOLENCE! So how is he going to help his friends live through the inverted X-Men?!?''

Given that future covers and solicits show Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus etc being lead by Cyclops it is safe to assume that it will be all of the X-Men getting their asses kicked by the Astonishing Avengers(how many X-Men adjectives are there left to use on Avengers books?) rather than just the Uncanny team. At least they're going to be united again in their villainy?

Also of note, the final cover of Axis has zero X-Men on it. More than likely the X-Men will be defeated by the ASTONISHING Avengers before they go on to defeat the Red Skull and save all those poor mutants in the extermination camps. May i remind you that this is being marketed as an Avengers & X-Men joint event. Yes, lol indeed.

Let's discuss, WHY is it that the Avengers office is once again using the X-Men as villains in one of their stories? Another similarity is that both times they were influenced by outside sources, why not write them on their own merits? Also, why does Remender think that X-Fans want to see their faves get their asses kicked by the Avengers yet again? Let's also discuss the meta message of the mutant heroes going evil while mutant kind has to be saved from execution camps by the Avengers.
    Last edited by Optic Rage!; 09-16-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Wowwww ...

This sounds like an awful load of crap, haha.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

With Cable and X-Force not participating and Wolverine dead, I don't even care. For the first time in awhile I just don't give a flip what Marvel does to the X-men in this crossover.

Congratulations, Marvel. You won. I no longer care about your products.

Spectacular Member Carmen_Rider's Avatar

Wonder why it's often Avengers vs X-Men? Don't seem to see other teams getting matched up these days.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen_Rider View Post
    Wonder why it's often Avengers vs X-Men? Don't seem to see other teams getting matched up these days.
    Because DOFP was a big hit.

Extraordinary Member

They've always been the go-to teams of good guys to fight each other, because they're good-guy teams but don't really know a lot about each other or trust each other. And Marvel loves having good guys fight good guys.

Defenders have been absorbed into the Avengers in the grand scheme of things and FF's status quo doesn't allow for any member to be killed off/villainised for very long.

Astonishing Member

Because there really aren't any other teams...practically everyone in the Marvel Universe is an Avenger at this point and the few that aren't are generally X-Men.

I don't like to indulge in the whole conspiracy theory that Marvel is undermining the X-Men in an attempt to get the movie rights back because I don't think that's the case...I think they're just pushing the Avengers harder because they DO have the movie rights to them.

I still don't get what this event is supposed to be about. I guess I'm not trying hard enough...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Marvel is undermining the X-Men
    Why do you think the Avengers office is using them as villains in a crossover this soon after AvX?

I like how they roll out Avengers vs. X-Men every time a new Avengers movie comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I still don't get what this event is supposed to be about. I guess I'm not trying hard enough...
    It's about the red skull putting mutants (and inhumans) in camps and inverting people. Also trying to take over the world I bet!

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Because there really aren't any other teams...practically everyone in the Marvel Universe is an Avenger at this point and the few that aren't are generally X-Men.

I don't like to indulge in the whole conspiracy theory that Marvel is undermining the X-Men in an attempt to get the movie rights back because I don't think that's the case...I think they're just pushing the Avengers harder because they DO have the movie rights to them.
    Who has the movie rights to X-Men?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Red Skull has Prof. X brain, uses his mental abilities to warp the minds of Villains and Heroes. The Red Skull hates mutants.

It works, for a Nazi.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    They've always been the go-to teams of good guys to fight each other, because they're good-guy teams but don't really know a lot about each other or trust each other. And Marvel loves having good guys fight good guys.

Oh man ... I've never read the issue, but by looking at the cover, that is such a one-sided fight! Poor Avengers ...
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000