Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Death of Wolverine" #4 Moves to Mid-October, Gets Greg Land Variant

The release date for the "Death of Wolverine" finale has moved to Oct. 15, as Marvel debuts a new variant cover illustrated by Greg Land.

Full article here.

Man how did they manage to screw up their timetable so bad?
    "This is me being reasonable"

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

An ok cover for Land. But really that late. What is, up. We, have, seen pages from #3 but it was, pushed. Marvel, needs to put reliable artist on books. Especially ones they consider event books. I like McNiven but come on
    X-Men Forever

So this should throw Legacy off by a lot, right? or are those going to just be nicely timed.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Hopefully it just allows all the Legacy issues to hit back to back from late October through December.

Legacy is a different artist, so I should hope this guarantees it'll all be ready by the time it starts in October.

According to this news the start of Logans Legacy will be pushed back to October 15th too.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...-until-october

While I hate to wait longer on this I can understand how it would suck to have the Logan Legacy and not even having seen how Wolverine actually dies.

Delay just due to McNiven needing more time to finish up despite the lead in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Delay just due to McNiven needing more time to finish up despite the lead in.
    Yeah and the thing about it is that his work was excellent so far. Maybe it's a bit too good.

I wonder how much of a lead did he actually have. I feel like we've known about this for six months, so he should have had nine months. I guess whenever Soule was announced as the writer, plus two months, is how long McNiven has had it.

Then again, did Cornell always had a plan for how he would kill Wolverine, then have that idea completely taken from him? If not, then Marvel had at least 24 issues of Cornell's two volumes to know that this event was happening.

There is a Production aspect to this miniseries that throws me off
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    I wonder how much of a lead did he actually have. I feel like we've known about this for six months, so he should have had nine months. I guess whenever Soule was announced as the writer, plus two months, is how long McNiven has had it.

Then again, did Cornell always had a plan for how he would kill Wolverine, then have that idea completely taken from him? If not, then Marvel had at least 24 issues of Cornell's two volumes to know that this event was happening.

There is a Production aspect to this miniseries that throws me off
    I am 100% convinced he was originally going to die in Cornell's book. The even lamer ending to his lame run felt like a re-write. So I think there hasn't been as much lead in to this as you would think.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Weren't they saying the last issue of Cornell's run was supposed to be a really huge deal, like retailers couldn't order enough copies?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Weren't they saying the last issue of Cornell's run was supposed to be a really huge deal, like retailers couldn't order enough copies?
    retailers got ripped off, then.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

No. Cornell was never gonna kill him. He has stated his story never changed he wrote what he intended. When Mar El offered him to wrote death of wolverine he didn't take it so they offered it to Soule
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Oh yea thats how it was sold. Bleeding cool ran an article about it a while ago.