Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I'll take a late book with great art over a consistently shipped but mediocre art any day, but that's just me.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I think Marvel has known about the death for a long while but Soule pitched a better story, so they had to alter their end game to compensate.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    I think Marvel has known about the death for a long while but Soule pitched a better story, so they had to alter their end game to compensate.
    Cornell didn't intend to kill Wolverine, but Marvel decided they wanted to. They asked Mark Millar to write it, he said no. Then they asked Soule.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

If Land were doing interiors I might have been tempted to buy the book

As opposed to McNiven who is actually doing them!? That's crazy talk, man.

McNiven take your time the book is gourgeous as for greg land psst

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    I'll take a late book with great art over a consistently shipped but mediocre art any day, but that's just me.
    Yes, exactly. Wanting to know what happens next might be frustrating for a month or two, but the way the story looks is forever.

The Foolery

Marvel allowed dealers to adjust orders on #3 on Monday. This was the solicitation from the house of ideas ... Does this sound like they are going to kill him in issue #3 ???

DEATH OF WOLVERINE #3 (OF 4) MCNIVEN CANADA VAR
    MARVEL COMICS
    (W) Charles Soule (A/CA) Steve McNiven

IT'S THE BEGINNING OF THE END - 3 MONTHS TO DIE ENDS HERE!
    • The beginning of the end is now here ... THE DEATH OF WOLVERINE!
    • THREE MONTHS TO DIE, the loss of Wolverine's healing factor--all led to this, the single most important X-Men event of the decade.
    • Logan has spent over a century being the best there is at what he does...but even the best fade away eventually.
    • Over the years, Logan has been a warrior, a hero, a renegade, a samurai, a teacher-and so much more. But now, the greatest X-Men hero will play a role he's never played before in this special weekly event brought to you by industry superstars Charles Soule and Steve McNiven.

STK659124.jpg

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

No. It was the only solit for all 4.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Steve068 View Post

So Wolverine gets to stay alive a bit longer. I'm okay with that. Usually when there are delays like this, it means one of two things. First, it means the writer has a lot on their plate and with Charles Soule, that's understandable. He does work for Marvel while finishing up his work for DC. He has so many titles that I'm shocked his books don't get delayed more often. Second, it also means there might be a few rewrites and tweaking in the works. That's rarely a good sign. If someone is still tweaking a story when it's this close to ending, that leads me to believe that there's some major disagreement about how it was handled. That could really show when the story eventually does come out. I think it's already messing with other titles because some books are set to deal with the aftermath very soon. Makes me wonder if there's a distinct lack of coordination at the Marvel offices, which never bodes well.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steve068 View Post
    Mcniven a real artist over Land who steals and copies everything he draws?

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    So Wolverine gets to stay alive a bit longer. I'm okay with that. Usually when there are delays like this, it means one of two things. First, it means the writer has a lot on their plate and with Charles Soule, that's understandable. He does work for Marvel while finishing up his work for DC. He has so many titles that I'm shocked his books don't get delayed more often. Second, it also means there might be a few rewrites and tweaking in the works. That's rarely a good sign. If someone is still tweaking a story when it's this close to ending, that leads me to believe that there's some major disagreement about how it was handled. That could really show when the story eventually does come out. I think it's already messing with other titles because some books are set to deal with the aftermath very soon. Makes me wonder if there's a distinct lack of coordination at the Marvel offices, which never bodes well.
    When has there been good coordination between the X-Books since Second Coming?

Does this push back Wolverine and the X-Men 11 (I think is the issue) that deals with his Will and Testament?
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    When has there been good coordination between the X-Books since Second Coming?
    That small gap between Schism and AvX. ha ha