Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default BLUE BEETLE & BOOSTER Are Back ... The Pre-New 52 BLUE BEETLE & BOOSTER GOLD Are Back

http://www.newsarama.com/22109-blue-...-are-back.html

The appearance begins with December's Justice League 3000 #12, drawn by the series' regular artist, Howard Porter.

And to be clear — these are not the Beetle and Booster from the New 52 universe, and they don't visit Justice League 3000 from a different Earth.

This is Ted Kord and Michael Jon Carter, the "Blue and the Gold"...

… on their own Earth,

Confused?

Maybe this will help: It turns out that Justice League 3000 takes place in the future of a pre-New 52 world.

Yep, you were reading it all along.

The premise of Justice League 3000 (since it launched earlier this year) is that a scientist in the year 3000 discovers a way to recreate the heroes of the past. They're not clones, but are instead parasites (read the comic for clarification on that one), and even though they have the DNA of their past counterparts, their personalities are evolving in a little different (and often hilarious) direction.

The team, which has really started to bond in recent issues, is currently made up of a new female Flash, who's learning to use her powers; Bruce Wayne Batman, who never experienced his parents dying (so is finding a new motivation to be a hero); Wonder Woman, who's got her warrior Amazon DNA without ever learning to restrain it; Clark Kent Superman, who's becoming a hero (and has a crush on the new female Flash); Green Lantern, who creates amazing constructs, but has been shrunk to about six inches tall and rides around in the pocket of his cloak; and Firestorm, who's turning out to be the rebel of the group.

And now the team's getting two new members: Blue Beetle and Booster Gold, who will bring a 20th Century perspective on this 31st Century group. Newsarama talked to Giffen to find out more about the revelation.

Newsarama: Keith, we've been hearing that issue #12 has some new characters that people should be happy to see. And now that issue #12 is about to be solicited, are you ready to reveal who's coming to Justice League 3000?

Keith Giffen: Yes! Booster Gold and Blue Beetle are coming to Justice League 3000, as of issue #12.

I'm not going to keep this a secret anymore. I mean, if Beetle and Booster are coming back, we should scream it from the rooftops, right? Maybe more people will buy it who are Beetle and Booster fans, and not be surprised and miss the issue. So I'm not really big on hiding stuff anymore.

Nrama: Now wait a minute, which Blue Beetle and Booster Gold are these?

Giffen: They're J.M. DeMatteis and my Blue Beetle and Booster Gold.

Our Blue Beetle never got shot in the head. He never split from Booster Gold.

The last memories these two clowns have is that Max was mad at them. Then they woke up in a refrigerator on Takron-Galtos. It's our Justice League.

Nrama: So are they parasites, like the other Justice League 3000 members?

Giffen: No, no. It's Beetle and Booster. This is them. Basically, a cryogenic chamber is found on Takron-Galtos while they're excavating, and inside are Beetle and Booster. It's Ted and Michael. It's really, really them. It's not clones. It's not the parasite thing.

It's not a trick. It's not an imaginary story.

Nrama: But… those characters are from before the New 52 reboot.

Giffen: That's right. So what does that have to say about what universe Justice League 3000 is taking place on? Maybe a universe where, if you went back and looked at Superman in the 21st Century, he might be wearing his underpants on the outside.

But before you get too excited, remember that in this universe, Beetle didn't get shot in the head.

Nrama: OK, so what I'm hearing is, Justice League 3000 doesn't take place in the future of the New 52 universe. It takes place in the future of a universe that's like the pre-New 52 universe — where Blue Beetle is Ted Kord, and he has the familiar history with Booster Gold. And this is really those two characters.

Giffen: Yes. It's actually Blue Beetle and Booster Gold.

We're finally going to give the fans the Blue and the Gold. There are no tricks. It's Beetle and Booster.

The last time we saw Beetle and Booster, we ended with, "and they lived Bwa-ha-happily ever after." This is basically — look, if you want to call it a certain universe, then think of it this way: If we did another Justice League series like I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League or Formerly Known as the Justice League, this is the third one.

No tricks here. This is J.M. DeMatteis' and my version of Blue Beetle and Booster Gold.

BANNED

Has nobody read this this is a whole gadamn gigantic piece of awesome!Booster Gold and Blue Beetle back together in a book by Keith Giffen!Ive been buying this book basically just for the Porter artwork for months.It has to be some kind of set up.Booster and Blue Beetle are the best comedy team ever in comics.
    Last edited by doodledude; 09-17-2014 at 05:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by doodledude View Post
    Has nobody read this this is a whole gadamn gigantic piece of awesome!Booster Gold and Blue Beetle back together in a book by Keith Giffen!Ive been buying this book basically just for the Porter artwork for months.It has to be some kind of set up.Booster and Blue Beetle are the best comedy team ever in comics.
    Yes. I also find it interesting that the original double Blue Beetle and Booster Gold of, Pre-Reboot DC Universe, is back alive and well and Ted Kord the Blue Beetle classic is alive and has never taken a shot of a gun in the head. I wonder what the two will not, ready antics at Justice League 3000 ? For me it would be better only if the Justice League International was relaunched with the same tone of sardonic humor before and they came back to join the group this time bring together international superheroes heavyweights, and old and beloved figures for this time revisited current times the DC Universe New 52 but only have these two back as they were before the reboot already makes me feel glad now look forward to see what is being planned for both in Justice League 3000

yup. probably one of the best comic news for me this year.

BANNED

Oh somebody posted two threads.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    yup. probably one of the best comic news for me this year.

I would not say "the best comic news" but it sure is good news because I missed Ted Kord Blue Beetle classic

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

So, he basically reveals that one of the 52 Multiverse worlds is indeed a pre-52 world. I don't see how else you can read it

BANNED

Well Keith Giffen for now this saying of feet together and making a sign of the cross that it is not a "trick" or a strategy that the two are truly the Blue Beetle and Booster Gold original. Let's see how long he keeps this statement.

When is the next issue for this series coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    So, he basically reveals that one of the 52 Multiverse worlds is indeed a pre-52 world. I don't see how else you can read it
    There's a new interview with Giffen on Newsarama. He mentions the bad guys using the parasitic process to bring back the arch - enemies of the Justice League: Bane, Sinestro, Zeus (who's not WW's dad, and Superman's arch-nemesis, LOIS LANE.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    There's a new interview with Giffen on Newsarama. He mentions the bad guys using the parasitic process to bring back the arch - enemies of the Justice League: Bane, Sinestro, Zeus (who's not WW's dad, and Superman's arch-nemesis, LOIS LANE.
    It would be sooo G-DM if the profiles got mixed and it turns out the Zeus is Maxie Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    It would be sooo G-DM if the profiles got mixed and it turns out the Zeus is Maxie Zeus.
    maxie zeus? please, that would be silly.....

oh wait...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post

I imagine the time you use this parasitic process to recreate super-heroes and super-villains alike Shazam / Captain Marvel, Captain Atom, Major Force, Black Adam, Sirse, Doctor Fate, Joker , Ra's 'al Ghul , Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, Bizarro, Solomon Grundy, Gorilla Grodd, Brainiac, Zatanna, Atom, Plastic Man, Hawkman and Hawkwoman?

Spectacular Member

So we're getting Etrigan, Camelot 3000, Blue and Gold, Lois, sinestro, Zeus, Bane and I'm guessing on the cover of 11 that the other is a flash villain. Mirror master?

BANNED

I would not think to include Camelot 3000 mainly because it is a creation of Alan Moore and he is often extremely possessive when it comes to a piece of him. I think more on characters that currently exist in the continuity of the DC Universe. Maybe an Animal Man, a Lex Luthor, one Vandal Savage , one General Zod, Ursa and Nun, one Ultra-Humanite , one Doomsday, one Swamp Thing, one Red Lantern / Guy Gardner a White Lantern / Kyle Rayner, an Icon / Augustus Freeman, one Static / Virgil Hawkins etc.