Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Natsu Dragoneel (Fairy Tail) vs Ah Gou (Feng Shen Ji)

Why not?

Ah Gou and Natsu throw down in a battle of hard punching magic-ish dudes.

Battle takes place in a deserted Seoul.

Who wins and why?

BANNED

DOUBLE FATALITY when Psy appears, sings gangnam style, and causes the both of them to commit SEPPUKU... jk

Seriously though, does Natsu have any feats for having all his attacks cut in more than half by way of Divine Power: Monochrome? Also, ever since Ah Gou learned how to weaponize his soul his offensive power has increased like crazy; Natsu needs to have some means of dealing with the True Dark Prison, the Golden Gauntlet, AND an artillery piece which can fire multiple homing rounds...which Ah Gou can bend around like he's guest starring in Wanted.

That and his regen pills, as well as his absurd luck and willingness to cheat...

I'll give my input here as well, since there doesn't seem to be too much interest.

For my money, this is a pretty close fight.

Ah Gou definitely has a lot of versatility to bring to the table, his three distinct forms of power and the different ways he employs said power grants him a good range game, excellent close range strength and ridiculous defence. Heck, as of the most recent arc, I'd say that his defence is his best stat right now.

However, Natsu isn't an easy opponent. Given his arguably superior physical strength, higher level of speed, larger area of effect for his attacks, ridiculous durability and his ability to sometimes force himself to absorb foreign magics and make them his own, he's not going to be an easy fight for Ah Gou.

Given that Natsu is arguably in the same strength bracket as the Sage Kings, I don't think Ah Gou will be able to shut his powers off or necessarily pin him down with Divine Monochrome unless he commits everything to it which, of course robs him of his primary offensive option of the Smelting Aura. Also, Natsu is going to be coming at him fast which means he might have to commit to defence.

It's an interesting match, I'm really not sure who wins.

Any Natsu savvy people out there? I've read Fairy Tail but it just doesn't really stick in my head.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

natsu wins because....................FRIENDSHIP!!

at this point in the manga, it might as well be a legit power.

Huh, I'd forgotten that Ah Gou apparently learnt vanishing arts during the timeskip.

He's not used them much but that could bring him close to Natsu's speed...

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    natsu wins because....................FRIENDSHIP!!

at this point in the manga, it might as well be a legit power.
    Well, since we recently found out that Sting and Rogue were full of **** about killing Dragons, him and Gajeel defeating them feels more legit now. Erza, OTOH, is under more intense scrutiny as far as plot-armor is concerned.

As for Natsu vs Ah Gou, considering that Natsu can now use Dragon Force on his own without external resources, I'm not liking Ah Gou's chances.

Dragon Force's power will be blunted by Monochrome though.

Ah Gou has shown that he can use basic Smelting Aura, basic level Divine Monochrome and his Soul Gear all at the same time without sacrificing too much from any particular stat. He could feasibly just slow Natsu down with Monochrome and wear him down with his Dark Cannon shots.

Laaaame him out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Well, since we recently found out that Sting and Rogue were full of **** about killing Dragons, him and Gajeel defeating them feels more legit now. Erza, OTOH, is under more intense scrutiny as far as plot-armor is concerned.
    Indeed. I'd even question if Sting and Rogue's supposed DF-modes were the real thing. And in this Tartarus arc Natsu' not done the friendship thing all that much, if at all. He was clearly stronger than Jackal from the get go. Lucy's wits gave them a last minute opening against Franmalth. And even with his natural dragon force mode Natsu couldn't hurt Mard Geer, he could just set him up for Gray's finisher. And he could do NOTHING to Zeref, who was just polite yet threatening to everybody, and Acnologia, who monstered on everyone as one would expected.

As for the fight. I am rather deficient in terms of Ah Gou knowledge, Feng Shen Ji in general actually. A quick run down if ya please and I'll do me best to compare to Natsu.

I think Natsu could probably put Ah Gou on the backfoot for a time due to his speed, and Ah Gou tends to begin with his cannon which is not all that great against someone that agile.

But eventually Ah Gou will ask himself what Tian would do in this situation, and "just Monochrome him more and then hit really hard" should work against Natsu.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

"just Monochrome him more and then hit really hard" should work against Natsu.
    IIRC Ah Gou hasn't yet reached the level of Tian's "White Wall?"

He temporarily stopped a city-sized mech in its tracks.

That is a lot more than what Natsu is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    He temporarily stopped a city-sized mech in its tracks.

That is a lot more than what Natsu is.
    Yup. The damned thing was the size of Fortress Maximus and he still gave it pause.