Super Moderator

Default "Agent Carter" Adds James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis

Jarvis -- the human version -- will make his debut in ABC's "Agent Carter," played by "Broadchurch" actor James D'Arcy.

Full article here.

Great- I love D'Arcy! Bet he would have made a good Captain Britain, too.

Incredible Member

Trying to figure out why they just didn't use Paul Bettany (aka AI Jarvis) for the role.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Yeah Jarvis.
    Cyclops was right

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    Trying to figure out why they just didn't use Paul Bettany (aka AI Jarvis) for the role.
    Paul Bettany hasn't really done TV since the 1999, it looks like. They might figure that he's at a point in his career where he doesn't want to do a TV serial.

For agent carter the tv series. Maybe they wanted to afford other things like sets and costumes.

You know what this means right? Jarvis might be brought back into the comics lol. Speaking of comics what ever happened to Jarvis? I remember in 2008 he was moved to Mighty Avengers as JARVIS was introduced in Invincible Iron Man and it seemed he was slowly written out of Mighty Avengers and I haven't seen him since.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Ultimate Member

Paul Bettany is probably too old for the Jarvis that they're going for as well.

Amazing Member

I'm hoping that "Agent Carter" introduces the Whizzer and Miss America, who in later movies are revealed to be Quicksilver's and Scarlet Witch's parents.

Spectacular Member

He's already the Vision.

This human version appears to be the predecessor, and probably where Tony Stark gets a name for his A.I.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Paul Bettany is probably too old for the Jarvis that they're going for as well.
    He and D'Arcy are about the same age, I think.