Default Hellboy: BPRD ashcan comic?

Help! I've seen this comic mentioned here and there, and from what I can gather it was released with a special edition DVD of Hellboy 2. It collects "King Vold", "Pancakes", and I think "The Hydra". I've been trying to locate it for about a year, with no luck. Any idea about it's origins, and where it can be found?
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    Help! I've seen this comic mentioned here and there, and from what I can gather it was released with a special edition DVD of Hellboy 2. It collects "King Vold", "Pancakes", and I think "The Hydra". I've been trying to locate it for about a year, with no luck. Any idea about it's origins, and where it can be found?
    Yes, one exclusive "Hellboy 2: The Golden Army" DVD package from a large online vendor (I forget which one) back in 2008 contained a mini-comic featuring a special Hellboy vs. Hydra cover, which reprinted the stories "the Hydra and the Lion", "King Vold" and "Pancakes".

For finding one of those eBay would seem your best bet, since it will be scarce both as long sold out.

I've seen this comic get called or described as a mini-comic mostly, because there'll be a number of Hellboy- or Mignola-related DVD's containing mini-comics, such as the two Hellboy Animated and the Amazing Screw-On Head.
    There also exist quite a few Hellboy-related Ashcan comics both as various exclusive or limited edition comic editions, as well as some super-rare 'dealer incentive' variants.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 09-17-2014 at 12:15 PM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

All-New Member

There has been an auction for one on ebay for the longest time.
    *EDIT* ebay link deleted.

I actually got my own copy from a Thai version of the Target exclusive Hellboy 2 video tin. Turns out it had the american comic.
    Last edited by firespitter; 09-23-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by firespitter View Post
    This auction for it has been sitting on ebay for the longest time:
    [url]http://www.ebay//rrrrrrrrrrrip[/ulp]

I actually got my own copy from a Thai version of the Target exclusive Hellboy 2 video tin. Turns out it had the american comic.
    Thanks for the info firespitter, although a heads up: linking to eBay or to whatever selling sites is prohibited anywhere on CBR!
    Last edited by Kees_L; 09-22-2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: breaking the link.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper