Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Hey fellas, hope you guys got a chance to check out Earth 2 #17. Was a great ending.

Whatever final fate awaits earth-2, I hope Val-Zod survive it.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Decided to share this here since I forgot a Val Zod appreciation thread existed.

With Michael B Jordan being rumored as a point of interest for superman, posts has been popping up of black actors, social media individuals and more
    dressed up as Val Zod. To be honest, it surprised me as I didn't know that many people knew about Val Zod:

https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status...44360610848768

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bny8KIoh...on_share_sheet
    Last edited by leo619; 09-18-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sold on MBJ playing any version of Superman, but the Killmonger hair works for me.

Perhaps having two distinct hairstyles between the hero & civilian personas would be the modern take on the glasses.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I'm not sold on MBJ playing any version of Superman, but the Killmonger hair works for me.

Perhaps having two distinct hairstyles between the hero & civilian personas would be the modern take on the glasses.

Hmm,, I can see dreads working for him in costume, but not so sure about the killmonger hairstyle, as the hairstyle is quite a bit more flashy than Val Zod's personality. If he were to do braids, I could see it going like below:

It has more of a natural feel which he could pull into a pony tail when he's in his "civilian entire."

Astonishing Member

Cinema Blend talks about the possibility of bringing Val Zod to the DCU. The hype is picking up within the mainstream media! This is the time for DC to act.

In the DC comics, Val-Zod is another Kryptonian who managed to escape the planet before its horrifying destruction. A friend of Kara Zor-El (aka Supergirl), he too crash landed on Earth and was adopted. A pacifist by nature, he was far more sheltered from the world while growing up and developing his abilities. It's a comic plot point that has accrued a cult following, and seems like a great way to keep the Man of Steel franchise going after Henry Cavill (and therefore Clark Kent) depart the DCEU.

With both Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck heavily rumored to be leaving their DC role, Warner Bros. is going to have to do some clever planning and writing to keep the shared live-action universe going. One possible route for seismic changes come with the developing Flash movie. If the Flashpoint comic is adapted, Ezra Miller's Flash could change the universe's timeline, therefore giving DC a chance to write out certain actors.

Regardless of plot lines, it would seemingly easy to bring Val-Zod into the DCEU, as long as the story is interesting enough. And landing a star like Michael B. Jordan may be the perfect way to get fans interested in a Superman.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/245...s-dcs-superman

By Jorge Jimenez:

That's a damn good drawing of Val-Zod!

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    By Jorge Jimenez:

A very nice piece that really captures the essence of Val's character. I like it.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I would like to see first an animated version of Val-Zod first, in a DC OVA or maybe even as the Superman of a parallel universe in the Arrowverse. Let the idea grow slowly in the coolective mind and bloom later.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

By Jorge Jimenez:

Sorry. On a second thought I can't tolerate this.

01_Val-zod_upgrade.jpg

There. Corrected.

Mehcad Brooks would be an awesome Val-Zod.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Astonishing Member

By Jorge Jimenez:

Wow, well Jorge is one of the best artists at DC currently so it's not surprising that this is gold, but still, this is freakin awesome. I forgot, was Jorge the artist for Earth 2 Society originally?

Astonishing Member

Looks like Val Zod is coming BACK to the DCU!!

19 hours ago
    Pierce Lydon Pierce Lydon

A fan asks if Bendis has plans for Val-Zod. Bendis says yes.

https://www.newsarama.com/42242-nycc...spotlight.html

I knew it! If anyone can bring Val Zod to the level that Miles Morales is at, the creator of Miles can do it. Bendis is literally a diamond in a pile of rough here at DC, and I'm so excited to see what comes from here.

Mighty Member

Now will this be a new Val-Zod or the one from E2? Either way I'm happy. I always wanted something to be done with Val. It's cool to see a character who hasn't appeared much have a strong following, kinda like Nubia and The Wonder Twins.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Looks like Val Zod is coming BACK to the DCU!!

I knew it! If anyone can bring Val Zod to the level that Miles Morales is at, the creator of Miles can do it. Bendis is literally a diamond in a pile of rough here at DC, and I'm so excited to see what comes from here.
    Same here, I hope lightning can strike twice. *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."