Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    N7 Krypton Elite N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Oh that's not superman, If you look at the upcoming books for world end, you see that they are dealing with superman clones in the future such as

"

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/earth...E2%80%99-end-7

Attachment 12736

Power Girl, Batman, Red Tornado and the new E2 Superman take on the Super Clones of Apokolips!"

Well technically that description is form Earth 2 issue 6 but as you can see, it's not going to be clark. Besides like I said, it wouldn't make sense. Bringing in clark would essentially delegate Val Zod to a mini character and he's too new of a character to have that happen. If he had been around for say 5-6 years and firmly seated himself as one of the big guns of the E2 universe than I could see Clark coming back, but Clark coming back so soon would essentially turn Val Zod into a "superboy" position which would ruin the character.

I dont think "THAT" is a Super-Clone like Brutaal (a.k.a. Bizarro), I think that is the real deal and based on those....things on him, Desaad was probably experimenting on him and using his DNA to make the clones that later show up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by N7 Joseph Shepard View Post
    I dont think "THAT" is a Super-Clone like Brutaal (a.k.a. Bizarro), I think that is the real deal and based on those....things on him, Desaad was probably experimenting on him and using his DNA to make the clones that later show up.
    That's a possibility, but the fact that Clark isn't talked about at all for the remaining issues afterwards provides more the idea that he is part of the clones. I think if it was really clark, A) He would be fighting darkseid in future E2 issues, not Mister Miracle, B) He would be in future synopsis regarding world end and earth 2 books, the only information we have for synopsis afterwards are the super clones.

That's a possibility, but the fact that Clark isn't talked about at all for the remaining issues afterwards provides more the idea that he is part of the clones. I think if it was really clark, A) He would be fighting darkseid in future E2 issues, not Mister Miracle, B) He would be in future synopsis regarding world end and earth 2 books, the only information we have for synopsis afterwards are the super clones.
    well there is that pic of Val holding a body with Clark's cape covering it and hinting that it is him...though dead..... :S I dont know I hope its him lol

Astonishing Member

well there is that pic of Val holding a body with Clark's cape covering it and hinting that it is him...though dead..... :S I dont know I hope its him lol
    Well the latest issue came out, I like how protective Karen is of Val, that one scene where she threatens Thomas was my favorite scene in the book, and I was right, that body was definitely a clone, though there's a possibility that clark is still around somewhere. But like I said, if he's around I don't see him appearing for a long time to help solidify the current heroes of the Earth 2 universe.

Well the latest issue came out, I like how protective Karen is of Val, that one scene where she threatens Thomas was my favorite scene in the book, and I was right, that body was definitely a clone, though there's a possibility that clark is still around somewhere. But like I said, if he's around I don't see him appearing for a long time to help solidify the current heroes of the Earth 2 universe.

yeah I just it and as I was thought about this topic lol, crap thats all I gotta say lol. Though to be fair they did give mention of the 'REAL' Clark so thats good news to me . Also damn Thomas is a prick. Hope Val actually does something and whoop his ass

Astonishing Member

yeah I just it and as I was thought about this topic lol, crap thats all I gotta say lol. Though to be fair they did give mention of the 'REAL' Clark so thats good news to me . Also damn Thomas is a prick. Hope Val actually does something and whoop his ass
    Well I'm not sure about what you mean regarding actually does something but I don't see him going too far, it's pretty obvious that Val looks up to Thomas so unless Thomas tries to do something to Karen or go crazy regarding Lois, they won't do anything. Though I do see Thomas flipping out and going on his own to find Helena, he won't be too happy about his super drug being destroyed.

Well I'm not sure about what you mean regarding actually does something but I don't see him going too far, it's pretty obvious that Val looks up to Thomas so unless Thomas tries to do something to Karen or go crazy regarding Lois, they won't do anything. Though I do see Thomas flipping out and going on his own to find Helena, he won't be too happy about his super drug being destroyed.
    by that I mean that so far he's just done what he's been told, the most initiative he's done so far is after he wore Fate's helmet, then fly off to confront Bizarro.....in which he still did nothing as Bizarro just wailed on him until he fell apart lol. I dont think he looks up to Thomas at all. More that everyone else seems to be listening to him so he might as well follow suit, but after today's issue were probably going to see that change really fast. Also I'd be willing to bet Karen will go after Helena and tell Val to take Lois to see if they can find Clark.

Astonishing Member

by that I mean that so far he's just done what he's been told, the most initiative he's done so far is after he wore Fate's helmet, then fly off to confront Bizarro.....in which he still did nothing as Bizarro just wailed on him until he fell apart lol. I dont think he looks up to Thomas at all. More that everyone else seems to be listening to him so he might as well follow suit, but after today's issue were probably going to see that change really fast. Also I'd be willing to bet Karen will go after Helena and tell Val to take Lois to see if they can find Clark.
    Well that's the thing, he's a very passive meek character, that is what makes him so refreshing and different because most comic characters are rather active, proactive, take charge type character. His pacifistic nature helps add to the character to begin with. So him going out to charge to something would have to take something drastic to do so, like Karen, Lois, or Thomas being in danger.

And Val definitely looks up to thomas. His words in the last panel definitely illustrated this. This was my favorite page in the entire comic btw.

So that's why I said I don't see him wanting to whoop thomas, because he see's thomas as a good friend that has lead him in the right direction, now rather that's true or not is a different story as Thomas IMO is a horrible role model lmao, but that's how he feels.

In regards to Karen sending Val after Lois to look for Clark, that's definitely a possibility. But I'm positive they won't find anything substantial, otherwise like I'd mention before, it would be in the synopsis in future issues. But also seeing how Karen seems to have a very protective nature over Val, I can also see Karen wanting Val to stick around so she could look after him. So we will see.

Well that's the thing, he's a very passive meek character, that is what makes him so refreshing and different because most comic characters are rather active, proactive, take charge type character. His pacifistic nature helps add to the character to begin with. So him going out to charge to something would have to take something drastic to do so, like Karen, Lois, or Thomas being in danger.

And Val definitely looks up to thomas. His words in the last panel definitely illustrated this. This was my favorite page in the entire comic btw.

So that's why I said I don't see him wanting to whoop thomas, because he see's thomas as a good friend that has lead him in the right direction, now rather that's true or not is a different story as Thomas IMO is a horrible role model lmao, but that's how he feels.

In regards to Karen sending Val after Lois to look for Clark, that's definitely a possibility. But I'm positive they won't find anything substantial, otherwise like I'd mention before, it would be in the synopsis in future issues. But also seeing how Karen seems to have a very protective nature over Val, I can also see Karen wanting Val to stick around so she could look after him. So we will see.
    If that is true then Val is extremely naive because Thomas has not been trying to helping Val at all, his first instincts where to make Val a weapon and when Val said no Thomas wanted to get rid of him and his attitude hasn't really changed all that much since, he's already lied by saying to Lois and the others that he got rid of the Kryptonite after they first met and lets face it, he's a junky who has lied to pretty much everyone he's ever known and will do so again. I'm not saying Val is going to want to kick Thomas's ass, but he will have to because Thomas will force him to.

Also being a pacifistic in a literally war zone is useless, get in the game or get out. Val is the strongest next to Karen and needs to step up because as he himself point out, Thomas is intoxicated 90% of the time.

Astonishing Member

Val is slowly becoming a major player in Earth 2, with Green Lantern hanging on by a thread, Val and Karen are the last two major guns remaining. I'm also looking forward to see how he handles in Convergence.

Extraordinary Member

I am glad to see this thread alive.

Extraordinary Member

Could Mehcad Brooks Really Be Val-Zod? | DC TV Universe ...

http://dctvuniverse.com/2015/01/mehc...eally-val-zod/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I am glad to see this thread alive.
    Well his role in Earth 2 was rather miniscule for a while, it wasn't until darkseid showed up where he became front and center along with Power Girl, though he was used as nothing more than a punching bag while Power Girl did the actual fighting sadly enough.

Well his role in Earth 2 was rather miniscule for a while, it wasn't until darkseid showed up where he became front and center along with Power Girl, though he was used as nothing more than a punching bag while Power Girl did the actual fighting sadly enough.
    Its really sad how he has been written in the last few issues.
    We need better comics

Extraordinary Member

Val-zod is a really interesting character.