Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Now will this be a new Val-Zod or the one from E2? Either way I'm happy. I always wanted something to be done with Val. It's cool to see a character who hasn't appeared much have a strong following, kinda like Nubia and The Wonder Twins.
    That's what I wondered too. The reason behind is during his debut, he looked very young originally, almost like a teenager. But originally the reason behind it was because he didn't have enough sunlight. Once he had enough sunlight, he swole up to an adult looking area and he was in the same age group as PG.

The key part though is that the question doesn't ask if Val Zod is going to be part of the young justice line up, it just says if Bendis has any plans for Val Zod.

So that could mean two possibilities.

1) He's taking Val Zod from the Earth 2 universe and importing him into the mainstream universe. In that route it will be very interesting how that would play since his father in Earth 1 universe is a stone cold killer.

2) He's using the young justice line to create his own val zod. But with young justice being about teenagers, this val zod would need to be de-aged to
    fit within the line up.

The only reason why I see this leaning more towards option 1 vs option 2 is the introduction of Kon-El in Young Justice. The likelihood of Val Zod and Kon-El being on the same team is limited.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Knowing Bendis he will bring over Val Zod to replace Superman full time like he did when he created Miles to replace Peter as Spider Man. Bendis loves that kind of press.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Knowing Bendis he will bring over Val Zod to replace Superman full time like he did when he created Miles to replace Peter as Spider Man. Bendis loves that kind of press.
    I doubt that's what he's aiming to do and I doubly doubt DC would let him.

Maybe the Earth-0 equivalent of Val-Zod is a female. Maybe that's who Naomi is.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

More likely he’s planning a big Multiversal team-up like what Tomasi did but hopefully better executed. I hope Calvin Ellis shows up since he’s my favorite non-Clark Superman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Maybe the Earth-0 equivalent of Val-Zod is a female. Maybe that's who Naomi is.
    It's possible, though now thinking about it both the young justice aspect and naomi being val zod is unlikely due to the Zod family being
    white in the Earth 0 universe.

I'm leaning even more now that he's using Val Zod from earth 2.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Looks like Val Zod is coming BACK to the DCU!!

I knew it! If anyone can bring Val Zod to the level that Miles Morales is at, the creator of Miles can do it. Bendis is literally a diamond in a pile of rough here at DC, and I'm so excited to see what comes from here.
    That is great news!

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Now will this be a new Val-Zod or the one from E2? Either way I'm happy. I always wanted something to be done with Val. It's cool to see a character who hasn't appeared much have a strong following, kinda like Nubia and The Wonder Twins.
    Great question!

If partnering up with Power Girl is not an option, I'd be very interested in Val meeting Nubia.

Astonishing Member

Now we have kansas city chiefs representing Val Zod! this time for Halloween. He's with his fiance who funny enough is dressed as power girl. I wonder if he reads comics since he knew the pairing. And this had to have been custom made cause I looked for val zod costumes everywhere and couldn't find one.

https://twitter.com/ebonywarriorLLC/...69622733578241

A very nice cosplay/Halloween. I've always liked Val and Kara as a couple.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Same here. I especially liked the contrast with Val being a pacifist and very chill vs Power Girl's fiery and passionate personality. A nice fire/water element.

But with Bendis, I could see them becoming a couple again. Here's hoping.

...But with Bendis, I could see them becoming a couple again. Here's hoping.
    *crosses fingers* I certainly hope so.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Wait I'm confused here. Isn't Val adopted into the House of El? Wouldn't that make his and Kara's relationship kind of.......weird?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Wait I'm confused here. Isn't Val adopted into the House of El? Wouldn't that make his and Kara's relationship kind of.......weird?

Not that I'm aware of, He was a Zod on Earth 2, and only took on the mantle of the House of El by Lois Lane's request. This was in attempt to bring hope back to the Superman Symbol after Earth 2 Bizzaro ruined Superman's name. But most of his life was on earth underground, watched by Lex Luthor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    They came correct with the cosplay.

Same here. I especially liked the contrast with Val being a pacifist and very chill vs Power Girl's fiery and passionate personality. A nice fire/water element.

But with Bendis, I could see them becoming a couple again. Here's hoping.
    They do have a great dichotomy.

That would be cool to see imo for at least 5 years to build up a respectable resume for val as the first and only dude to take over as the new full time Superman in the main universe. Once kal-el comes back, val can take over the action comics book and possibly get a spot on the jsa whenever they come back. All of this would have to be handled properly though.
    Last edited by Cosmic Emerald 23; 11-03-2018 at 01:22 PM.