Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Oh how I want him to meet up with Zod and Supes at some point in time. Time travel make it happen DC. Also do him and PG have a relationship? I swear I saw him in some scan with her.
    your thinking of pg's fling with mr terrific.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Oh how I want him to meet up with Zod and Supes at some point in time. Time travel make it happen DC. Also do him and PG have a relationship? I swear I saw him in some scan with her.
    He was with PG in the Earth 2 weekly promo. Its on the 1st page of this thread I believe.

Amazing Member

Hey look, it's the Blue Marvel!

I really like Val, he has loads of potential. The idea of someone with all of the powers of Superman but none of the discipline could lead to some great fight scenes. Imagine the collateral damage when he goes up against Kal-El, it could rival Invincible vs Omniman!

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Is Val from Krypton? Because if he is, then he's not "African American" as there's no Africa or America in Krypton. I know what you're trying to get at, but I think you would be better off saying 'dark skinned' as opposed to African American in this case.

And why can't Kryptonians be dark skinned?
    Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    I believe that it's canon that Kryptonian from Vathlo Island are black. Calvin Ellis (Earth 23 Superman) was born there.
    The World of New Krypton crossover (pre-new52) also dispelled the notion that Kryptonian are only white.
    Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    There are definitely different races of Kryptonians, even in the current New Earth or Earth 1 continuity. I forget the name of Jor-El's instructor but he was a Black Kryptonian in current continuity.
    never really said Kryptonians couldn't be dark skinned or any other color/race. Being a minority myself I'm quite pleased with Zod's representation
    the reason I said that was because I didn't want to offend anyone, since I don't know how to refer to dark skinned aliens with African features

now back on thread. Zod isn't related to Power Girl is he? Might we finally get 2 kryptonians to procreate? As awesome as that would be it sadly won't happen, but it would be so cool

Yeah she is from the house of EL or is it simply L for earth 2. So yeah they could make pure blood Kryptonians. Which could be interesting.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
    never really said Kryptonians couldn't be dark skinned or any other color/race. Being a minority myself I'm quite pleased with Zod's representation
    the reason I said that was because I didn't want to offend anyone, since I don't know how to refer to dark skinned aliens with African features

now back on thread. Zod isn't related to Power Girl is he? Might we finally get 2 kryptonians to procreate? As awesome as that would be it sadly won't happen, but it would be so cool
    No offense taken. It sucks that most humanoid aliens are default white. That should be changed up when introducing new alien characters. Fatality is the only black alien I can even recall off hand.

Yeah she is from the house of EL or is it simply L for earth 2. So yeah they could make pure blood Kryptonians. Which could be interesting.
    maybe Justice League 3000 could feature a Supergirl that's the daughter of these two who traveled forward in time when she turned 18

quick question, what's a good jumping on point to start reading Earth 2?

maybe Justice League 3000 could feature a Supergirl that's the daughter of these two who traveled forward in time when she turned 18

Hmmm maybe #17 when Tom Taylor took over?

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    I believe that it's canon that Kryptonian from Vathlo Island are black. Calvin Ellis (Earth 23 Superman) was born there.
    The World of New Krypton crossover (pre-new52) also dispelled the notion that Kryptonian are only white.
    I remember this as well. I think that afro kryptonians from Vathlo Island were separated from other kryptonians back in the old days I believe. As superman appeared in The World of New Krypton, I believe kryptonians from Vathlo Island are joined with other kryptonians working guild as a whole. I think it was Geoff Johns (or someone else, I can't remember) who updated the status quo of kryptonians from vathlo island isn't no longer distinguished from other kryptonians.

I haven't read Earth 2 yet. But I always wanted to see an afro kryptonian or even (possibly) an daximite of color superhero before the New 52 was started. Sometimes when Steel fights along with Superman, Supergirl, Superboy and so on it's always good to see someone of color fighting along, but Steel is the only one without powers. I'm so happy to finally see an afro-kryptonian. My dreams have came true. I'm so excited!!!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The current invasion by Apokolips story started in issue 13 proper, but they have been building to this story since pretty much the start of the series.

BANNED

no he is not, the house of zod and the house of el are not related

His costume is pretty sweet.

BANNED

I hope he becomes more than a black Superman

Incredible Member

I am excited about Val Zod... Bring on on the New Superman!

http://newearth2.com/post/8524546375...-at-c2e2-about
    Check this out guys a little insight into Val's design.