Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I really can't wait for Val to get his own book. Such a cool character with crazy potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That's a really good idea. It would create an instant arch enemy for Val. I would love to see Val's evil sister as the 4th Kryptonian. And like you said have her take Faora's name.
    Cheers. And yeah, it kinda' just makes sense, now don't it? I figure there must be a reason he won't say who that "one other" is. Perhaps it's something he doesn't want to talk about, for some reason?

An interesting twist, would be if the capsule had gone astray, and it only arrived now, in present day - and the baby inside, had only been raised by the on-board A.I, and lived in a cramped space for all these years - resulting in a psychopathic, cold, emotionless Kryptonian..!

Or perhaps a "religious" zealot, taking Kryptonian values too far, and believing too much in the Kryptonian way.

There's tons of possibilities with that pod! =)

Extraordinary Member

Reading this stuff about Val has me very interested. I think I will pick up the Earth 2 trades to catch up, and follow his story.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Reading this stuff about Val has me very interested. I think I will pick up the Earth 2 trades to catch up, and follow his story.
    Val would make his debut in the upcoming Vol 4 trade. I think it is called War. The other trades would be useful if you want a grasp of the world but no Val.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Val would make his debut in the upcoming Vol 4 trade. I think it is called War. The other trades would be useful if you want a grasp of the world but no Val.
    I would rather start from volume 1, as you suggested, and enjoy the full story.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I would rather start from volume 1, as you suggested, and enjoy the full story.
    Robinson's Earth 2 will probably read better in tpb. There are so many cool concepts but the story progression is rather slow. Taken in all together would probably be much more enjoyable.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Earth 2 Worlds End #1

Count me as another fan of Val Zod. His introduction to Earth 2 reminded me of Flashpoint Superman with him being locked away and what not. I love his uniform and he's well written so I look forward to more.

Incredible Member

So, do fellow Val-Zod fans want him as the second Superman of Earth-2, or with a different alias? I'm partial to Valor myself, since it gives him a little bit more of a separation if a Multiversal merge happens again so we don't get a Huntress/Hawkman problem. Also, it kind of fits considering him overcoming his early fears once freed.

Ok so Flacon becomes the new Captain America and it's on the news and everyone makes a big deal out of it. Even though we all know Steve Rogers will be back within a year.
    There's a new black SUPERMAN (the most iconic character of all time!) and no one is talking about it.
    I guess it's DC's fault for not promoting it the way Marvel has been with the new Cap and Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ok so Flacon becomes the new Captain America and it's on the news and everyone makes a big deal out of it. Even though we all know Steve Rogers will be back within a year.
    There's a new black SUPERMAN (the most iconic character of all time!) and no one is talking about it.
    I guess it's DC's fault for not promoting it the way Marvel has been with the new Cap and Thor.
    I think it's just because its earth 2, if it were the main universe things would be different. I think val has gained a lot of fans in the short time he's been around.

I myself love the character just bast on his costume and I havnt even read earth 2 yet

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    So, do fellow Val-Zod fans want him as the second Superman of Earth-2, or with a different alias? I'm partial to Valor myself, since it gives him a little bit more of a separation if a Multiversal merge happens again so we don't get a Huntress/Hawkman problem. Also, it kind of fits considering him overcoming his early fears once freed.
    Just making him the earth 2 Superman would essentially doom this character to second rate status. He'll never be the primary Superman, so he's better off having his own identity. Just like Powergirl has avoided the fate of all the other non Kara Supergirls partly because her name isn't Supergirl. In short if his name is Superman then he's just an alternate version of the real one. If he's given his own name now he's a copyrighted character in his own right and DC has to use the name ever so often to keep the copyright. In short it's probably better in the long hall for the character to have his own name.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Just making him the earth 2 Superman would essentially doom this character to second rate status. He'll never be the primary Superman, so he's better off having his own identity. Just like Powergirl has avoided the fate of all the other non Kara Supergirls partly because her name isn't Supergirl. In short if his name is Superman then he's just an alternate version of the real one. If he's given his own name now he's a copyrighted character in his own right and DC has to use the name ever so often to keep the copyright. In short it's probably better in the long hall for the character to have his own name.
    I agree. He should be called Valor not Superman.
    And I also thing it is good that DC hasn't promoted him more heavily as the new black Superman. Now he has a better chance to stand on his own.
    Last edited by Francisco; 07-21-2014 at 07:12 AM.

BANNED

Valor has a nice ring to it