Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Just left of the wormhole Terok Nor's Avatar

I'm so afraid to get attached to this character because he's basically good and upstanding and morally praiseworthy and even his major weaknesses (uncertainty and naivete) are totally human and understandable, really, so he's EXACTLY the kind of character who is brutally murdered in a comic like this in a SHOCKING SWERVE that won't sell a single extra issue but make me hate myself for getting emotionally involved.

Just left of the wormhole Terok Nor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    Valor has a nice ring to it
    Wasn't that the "code name" they gave Mon El Post-COIE reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Actually this is the first time we've seen Val use heat vision. His body is still absorbing sunlight at a crazy rate so over time he'll continue to gain more kryptonian powers, but I'm glad that he's finally reaching kryptonian level strength finally. At the same time, those blast are pretty cool.
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully his powers can be visually different form other kryptonians.

Actually this is the first time we've seen Val use heat vision. His body is still absorbing sunlight at a crazy rate so over time he'll continue to gain more kryptonian powers, but I'm glad that he's finally reaching kryptonian level strength finally. At the same time, those blast are pretty cool.
    He used heat vision for the first time in issue 25 to weld Dr. Fates helmet.

Dude, that new "white optic blast" look is flat-out sooo much cooler than the traditional "red twin-laser beams" look! It's cool that Val-Zod is the one to pioneer that look, but I wouldn't mind if that eventually becomes the default look for ALL Kryptonians.

Some pretty cool custom action figures of Val-Zod and Brutaal.

I haven't kept up with Futures End but have they said what happened to Val yet?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CryoFlar3 View Post
    I haven't kept up with Futures End but have they said what happened to Val yet?
    I think that he is on cadmus island.

but he will show in the world's end weekly

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I think that he is on cadmus island.

but he will show in the world's end weekly
    Thanks! just wanted to make sure I haven't missed anything with him.

Astonishing Member

The latest issue in Earth 27 had a lot with Val Zod in it. Some major advancement for the characters.

1) He took out some enemies. It's still very interesting that he still hasn't punched our outright attack an individual. But he has killed those radiation zombie's.

2) The biggest change is clearly the advancement in relationship with Kara. It's clearly obvious that they have romantic interest with one another, and they leave with them holding hands. So I wonder how far are they now and how far will they go.

I really like this character. Btw, his relationship with Kara could be a nice development!

I like were the relationship with Kara is going. I just wish it took a few more issues. It feels like its going a bit fast to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CryoFlar3 View Post
    I like were the relationship with Kara is going. I just wish it took a few more issues. It feels like its going a bit fast to me.
    Same here, but it has to be compressed because Earth 2 is going to be separated into 3 teams, so we won't get any more Val until issue 30 or so, perhaps a bit in World's End, but in the actual Earth 2, we won't get any Val and Kara appearance for a while so they had to compress everything into a issue. Earth 2 really needs to separate it's books IMO.

The latest issue in Earth 27 had a lot with Val Zod in it. Some major advancement for the characters.

1) He took out some enemies. It's still very interesting that he still hasn't punched our outright attack an individual. But he has killed those radiation zombie's.

2) The biggest change is clearly the advancement in relationship with Kara. It's clearly obvious that they have romantic interest with one another, and they leave with them holding hands. So I wonder how far are they now and how far will they go.
    3) Dude became freakin' JACKED! He already looks a lot bigger now then when he first put on the costume, I guess as he is absorbing more of the Sun's rays and becoming stronger.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    This looks great aside from his eyes being the wrong color.