Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    The latest issue in Earth 27 had a lot with Val Zod in it. Some major advancement for the characters.

1) He took out some enemies. It's still very interesting that he still hasn't punched our outright attack an individual. But he has killed those radiation zombie's.

2) The biggest change is clearly the advancement in relationship with Kara. It's clearly obvious that they have romantic interest with one another, and they leave with them holding hands. So I wonder how far are they now and how far will they go.
    The Kara thing was one of the most hilariously forced bits of BS I've seen in quite a while. You've got a guy who has been in captivity for 20 years and is skiddish about everything, and a woman who has just learned that her father figure really did die, her mother figure is a robot, and her world is in turmoil. So of course because they knew each other when they were toddlers, they have an immediate romantic interest while the world continues to turn to shit around them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Dope. Who's the artist?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Dope. Who's the artist?
    From this DeviantArt account: http://owc478.deviantart.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    From this DeviantArt account: http://owc478.deviantart.com/
    Oh ok thanks. Makes me wanna see a Val Zod cartoon.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I've started reading Earth 2. Its not bad. I'm up to the part where they discovered him in the compound. One question about Val Zod. Why does is he wearing the 'S' Crest? He isn't from the House of El

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I've started reading Earth 2. Its not bad. I'm up to the part where they discovered him in the compound. One question about Val Zod. Why does is he wearing the 'S' Crest? He isn't from the House of El
    Val was adopted by the Els after his parents, the Zods, "died". It's revealed in either Earth 2 #25 or #26, I don't remember in which one.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Taylor View Post
    Val was adopted by the Els after his parents, the Zods, "died". It's revealed in either Earth 2 #25 or #26, I don't remember in which one.
    So the Els are alive? Krypton didn't blow up with this Earth 2?

Nope. He was adopted before the planet blew up. That's how he wound up in an escape rocket.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

It did but there were four Kryptonian survivors (that we know of); Kal-El, Kara, Val and I don't think they've shown the fourth.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Worlds End #16

Amazing Member

They found Clark's body, I take it? Also; eeew get that shield off of Kara!

Astonishing Member

You know what I was thinking about? So as you know in Future End, the earth 2 heroes are trapped in earth 1 right? Now we don't know if Val Zod was captured as well. But say that he goes to this different earth. Now imagine that he finds out his father went from a loving pacificist to tyrannical maniac....whose white lmao. Image if they had the chance to meet, man that would be nuts!

N7 Krypton Elite N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Conductor View Post
    They found Clark's body, I take it? Also; eeew get that shield off of Kara!

hold on, your alright with Val-Zod who...

1. Is the son of Dru-Zod, who is a bad guy

2. Is not even part of the House of L, they saved him sure, but he wasn't adopted into the family.

and yet your against Kara wearing it.....when it literally is her symbol.....what???

And before anyone goes "oh Zod is just an alternate version of Zod blah blah blah". Yes I'm fully aware of this, however this is EARTH 2, it's pretty much the exact same as the main Earth, same heroes, same villains, different timelines. All we know of Zod from Earth 2 is that he disagreed with the council and sided with Jor-L and then was executed for it. Keep in mind that the same thing can be said for a number of Zod storylines (Smallville and Man Of Steel included) in which Zod is still an evil S.O.B.

The fact that we still haven't gotten a proper background story into Val's past and more detail about his parents leaves me to believe that he's hiding something (either on purpose or he legitimately forgot due to.....*insert reasons here*). Until proven otherwise I may somewhat like Val but keep in mind that he may be hiding his true intentions.

N7 Krypton Elite N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar

just for shits and giggles

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by N7 Joseph Shepard View Post
    hold on, your alright with Val-Zod who...

1. Is the son of Dru-Zod, who is a bad guy

2. Is not even part of the House of L, they saved him sure, but he wasn't adopted into the family.

and yet your against Kara wearing it.....when it literally is her symbol.....what???

And before anyone goes "oh Zod is just an alternate version of Zod blah blah blah". Yes I'm fully aware of this, however this is EARTH 2, it's pretty much the exact same as the main Earth, same heroes, same villains, different timelines. All we know of Zod from Earth 2 is that he disagreed with the council and sided with Jor-L and then was executed for it. Keep in mind that the same thing can be said for a number of Zod storylines (Smallville and Man Of Steel included) in which Zod is still an evil S.O.B.

The fact that we still haven't gotten a proper background story into Val's past and more detail about his parents leaves me to believe that he's hiding something (either on purpose or he legitimately forgot due to.....*insert reasons here*). Until proven otherwise I may somewhat like Val but keep in mind that he may be hiding his true intentions.
    Eh? that's not true. It's reveal in Val - Zod's introduction that His parents were pacifist, meaning they stayed away from and abhorred violence, hence why Val Zod has a very pacifistic mentality. That's why I said it will be interesting for val zod to meet his father from main Earth, whose appears to be the exact opposite of his father.