Default Nintendo Wii Appreciation

This thread will be soon forgotten, buuuuut.....

I know what many of you think of the Wii system and I won't be the one that claims your thoughts are wrong. Yes, the Nintendo Wii had a lot of s****y games, but it has been the home of some gems like the original No More Heroes games or the Super Mario Galaxy saga. In order to remember the good games and introduce them to other people, I thought it would be cool to create this thread.

Let's talk about our favorite Wii games!!!

I started playing Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon after hearing good things about it. My impressions are... mixed at best. The story is excellent, but the gameplay just mediocre. It's incredibly repetitive and the combat system would have benefited from some moves that would let you evade attacks that are otherwise impossible to avoid.

Fragile Dreams looked unique at least, havent played it yet. Little Kings Story was a surprisingly fun game. It has a fun colorful style and some pretty funny dialogue. Either of the Endless ocean games are nice to relax. More of an experience than a game..kindof like Pilotwings 64 was.

Mario Galaxy 2 was fantastic. The controls seem largely the same as they were on Mario 64, but the level design is mind boggling and creative like nothing else. Skyward Sword was enjoyable and beautiful, but did have its minor flaws.

Im forcing myself to complete the Metroid prime Trilogy and Starfox Adventures before looking into a WiiU.

Extraordinary Member

I had more games for the Wii than for any other console and many of them were among my all time favorites. And there are still a lot of games I couldn't get for time or money reasons, like Xenoblade. When done right I really prefer the motion controls to regular ones, especially for shooters. So it's my favorite console to date.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I had more games for the Wii than for any other console and many of them were among my all time favorites. And there are still a lot of games I couldn't get for time or money reasons, like Xenoblade. When done right I really prefer the motion controls to regular ones, especially for shooters. So it's my favorite console to date.
    Agree about the motion controls. It feels so great when playing the Metroid Prime games.