Instead of making a review thread about Avengers #35 (because there is just WAY too much stuff going on for me to just review the issue), I'm making an Event discussion thread.

So, for those who read the first issue of this new story arc, how do you like the new status quo?

For me, it goes in sections.

The new status quo for Cannonball, Sunspot and Smasher was a fantastic pay off of the romance, and the party with AIM scientists. Surprised Marvel would allow Hickman to take such a leap with Cannonball and Smasher with the spoilers:
baby
end of spoilers, but Sunspot spoilers:
buying AIM
end of spoilers was a stroke of genius. Can't wait to see that happen in Avengers World or wherever it does. Also, avoiding Earth does seem like a great idea.

I liked Hyperion and Thor acting as the dad's to the Savage Land kids. Hyperion really fits the dad role, adds a nice facet to his personality.

It's about time somebody tried to find the source of the Incursions. I'm just surprised it's Ex Nihilo, his peers, and Abyss. At least they have a use in the story. Also, loved that the "destroy earth" idea was brought up. Heh heh. Shocked to see Nightmask and Star Brand too.

The Illuminati are a problem, but it seems like Superior Tony Stark is enemy #1. Pretty cool, but it also seems like the Avengers are pretty off too. Also, Tony's missing, which is pretty shocking seeing how he's supposed to be "Party Tony" upped to eleven I thought. I cheered like a kid watching John Cena when spoilers:
Sue Storm
end of spoilers was revealed as the field leader of the Illuminati Hunters. A twist I never expected.

Also, THAT NEW ILLUMINATI LINE-UP!!! spoilers:
Cho, Pym, and Captain Britain are now on the team, though it looks like Cho may be inactive unless somebody saves him
end of spoilers. Still wish they added a woman to the line-up though.

So yeah, it's only an issue in, and I'm already hyped for this event. Haven't been this hyped for an event for a while.