Page 1 of 255 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 3815
  1. #1
    Veteran Member Double 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,318

    Default Avengers/New Avengers: Time Runs Out (with spoilers)

    Instead of making a review thread about Avengers #35 (because there is just WAY too much stuff going on for me to just review the issue), I'm making an Event discussion thread.

    So, for those who read the first issue of this new story arc, how do you like the new status quo?

    For me, it goes in sections.

    The new status quo for Cannonball, Sunspot and Smasher was a fantastic pay off of the romance, and the party with AIM scientists. Surprised Marvel would allow Hickman to take such a leap with Cannonball and Smasher with the spoilers:
    baby
    end of spoilers, but Sunspot spoilers:
    buying AIM
    end of spoilers was a stroke of genius. Can't wait to see that happen in Avengers World or wherever it does. Also, avoiding Earth does seem like a great idea.

    I liked Hyperion and Thor acting as the dad's to the Savage Land kids. Hyperion really fits the dad role, adds a nice facet to his personality.

    It's about time somebody tried to find the source of the Incursions. I'm just surprised it's Ex Nihilo, his peers, and Abyss. At least they have a use in the story. Also, loved that the "destroy earth" idea was brought up. Heh heh. Shocked to see Nightmask and Star Brand too.

    The Illuminati are a problem, but it seems like Superior Tony Stark is enemy #1. Pretty cool, but it also seems like the Avengers are pretty off too. Also, Tony's missing, which is pretty shocking seeing how he's supposed to be "Party Tony" upped to eleven I thought. I cheered like a kid watching John Cena when spoilers:
    Sue Storm
    end of spoilers was revealed as the field leader of the Illuminati Hunters. A twist I never expected.


    Also, THAT NEW ILLUMINATI LINE-UP!!! spoilers:
    Cho, Pym, and Captain Britain are now on the team, though it looks like Cho may be inactive unless somebody saves him
    end of spoilers. Still wish they added a woman to the line-up though.


    So yeah, it's only an issue in, and I'm already hyped for this event. Haven't been this hyped for an event for a while.

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Mahes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,415

    Default

    Fantastic start with this issue. So many questions about the how and why this happened. The AIM development was interesting but Avengers World will fill in the gaps to why that happened. Still want to know why they consider the Illuminati the enemy especially since they know that Namor is not with them anymore. Love that new Illuminati roster though.

    I think Hyperiorn and Thor are the ones going to the source actually.

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    I love Cho and I glad to see him being used but I do find it a little weird that the Illuminati will bring him in. The nature of what they are doing is something Im not to sure a kid ,regardless of how smart he is, should be involved with.

    That is if they are actually only looking for other solutions outside of blowing up an earth.

    Either way I'm liking how the story is progressing even though I'm only picking up Avengers and just reading New Avengers in the shop.

  4. #4
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I love Cho and I glad to see him being used but I do find it a little weird that the Illuminati will bring him in. The nature of what they are doing is something Im not to sure a kid ,regardless of how smart he is, should be involved with.

    That is if they are actually only looking for other solutions outside of blowing up an earth.

    Either way I'm liking how the story is progressing even though I'm only picking up Avengers and just reading New Avengers in the shop.
    I suppose if you're desperate enough you'll overlook Cho's age. Though it's funny that he not only joined but is even doing the leg work for the team. He's the one going into Avengers HQ while the rest are sort of hiding out.

  5. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I suppose if you're desperate enough you'll overlook Cho's age. Though it's funny that he not only joined but is even doing the leg work for the team. He's the one going into Avengers HQ while the rest are sort of hiding out.
    I also found that interesting.

    Maybe it takes the heart of a child to lead cowardly men.

    *shrug*

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I suppose if you're desperate enough you'll overlook Cho's age. Though it's funny that he not only joined but is even doing the leg work for the team. He's the one going into Avengers HQ while the rest are sort of hiding out.
    Or the fact that he's been successfully on the run from SHIELD before back during the Incredible Hercules and Mighty Avengers runs.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  7. #7
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Or the fact that he's been successfully on the run from SHIELD before back during the Incredible Hercules and Mighty Avengers runs.
    Course, in those situation he actually had help. I guess there's no "i" in team where the Illuminati are concerned.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Mahes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,415

    Default

    Or maybe it's because they thought Cho was still unknown to them? Or that he would set off the least amount of sensors due to having no powers?

  9. #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Or maybe it's because they thought Cho was still unknown to them? Or that he would set off the least amount of sensors due to having no powers?
    I thought his powers where to calculate and see probability to essentially give him "good luck" and/or create whatever outcome is most favorable to him?

    Did that change or did I just misinterpret his abilities?

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I love Cho and I glad to see him being used but I do find it a little weird that the Illuminati will bring him in. The nature of what they are doing is something Im not to sure a kid ,regardless of how smart he is, should be involved with.

    That is if they are actually only looking for other solutions outside of blowing up an earth.

    Either way I'm liking how the story is progressing even though I'm only picking up Avengers and just reading New Avengers in the shop.
    Actually, Cho is exactly the kind of guy they should have brought in to crunch the numbers, dude really is on another level as far as being able to calculate on the fly. He just may lack the scientific backgrounds of some of the other members.

  11. #11
    Veteran Member Double 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,318

    Default

    Two things:

    1) I do find it funny that if we run the Civil War comparison, Cap (both Steve and Captain America) is pro-reg equivalent right now and Iron Man's anti-reg.

    Also, I love how ambiguous the sides are, even in comparison with Civil War. As of right now, no side is right, but there are finally more people trying to solve the big problem. Whether that be the cosmic characters, or Thor and Hyperion's family (heh heh) and AIM.

    2) Now I REALLY want to know what the Illuminati are doing. Are they doing anything? What in the world is their plan? I mean, if they are going to get more people on their side, that means they have a course of action right?

  12. #12
    Veteran Member Mahes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I thought his powers where to calculate and see probability to essentially give him "good luck" and/or create whatever outcome is most favorable to him?

    Did that change or did I just misinterpret his abilities?
    Oh? I'm not that familiar with Cho at all besides him being one of the smartest people on the planet. Then that powerset may be the reason he went to Avengers Tower.

  13. #13
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Actually, Cho is exactly the kind of guy they should have brought in to crunch the numbers, dude really is on another level as far as being able to calculate on the fly. He just may lack the scientific backgrounds of some of the other members.
    Right. In now way am I questioning Cho's ability to perform. I just find it sorta odd that they are willing to bring in a kid in-spite of his ability considering the nature of what is going on. I mean one of their members did just recently unleashed a demon on a group of heroes.

    It sorta makes the Franklin Richards arguments in previous NA threads seem more valid. But again I love Cho so I give two yuks just think it odd is all.
    Last edited by Trident; 09-17-2014 at 07:59 AM.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,391

    Default

    Why do you guys think he's a kid, Isn't Cho in his 20's?
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-17-2014 at 08:04 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  15. #15
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Isn't Cho in his 20's?
    He was 15 when he was introduced but by now he might be but I was thinking he was still in his mid teens?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •