Page 194 of 255 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3815

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    I did. It's ok, but nothing happens that is essential to the larger arc. The story basically moves Smasher and Cannonball into position for where they start Time Runs Out. No more, no less.
    The somewhat disappointing aspect was I thought we'd see on panel in this issue the entire Avengers team reaction about the Illuminati's actions. Maybe next issue or so we'll see that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    So Victor is behind the whole thing...lol i wouldn't be suprised

he created a universe? how?
    He found that universes IG at the HQ of the Council of Reeds, so when he figured out how to get to that reality, the IG worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    So Victor is behind the whole thing...lol i wouldn't be suprised

he created a universe? how?
    FF 611, which will be included in the Secret Wars Prelude, shows Doom found one of the Infinity Gauntlets of the Reeds from the Council. It is strongly hinted it is from the Doom/Reed from 605.1 as when he finds the universe the Gauntlet originates from, that universe is destroyed.

The connection to the collapse would make sense in the larger scale. That universe being destroyed would start the contraction, Doom filling that spot after it's been voided would knock the multiverse and start the incursions. Because the Gauntlet is from a destroyed Universe, it might not be tied to a particular universe any more. That would mean that if the Power warlord did unite his set of Gems, he's got a truly almighty weapon. With that he could take on the Ivory Kings. Doom's escape could be his motivation to destroy the Multiverse as we learn in that issue he was singled out and punished by Doom.

That would leave the Galactus Seed as the thing destroying the Earth-less universes. I feel like that may even explain the sudden collapse, but I don't see it yet. Maybe so many seeds activating wakes up those hidden across the multiverse?
    Last edited by DrTraveler; 02-18-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    The somewhat disappointing aspect was I thought we'd see on panel in this issue the entire Avengers team reaction about the Illuminati's actions. Maybe next issue or so we'll see that.
    It was honestly pretty disappointing. I mean, it's a sweet story and good on its own, but it does nothing for the larger Time Runs Out arc other than put Cannonball and Smasher at their start positions. No Avengers reaction shots.... Nothing. For all we know this whole issue could be before the Original Sin arc even plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Next issue deals with Sunspot and AIM, so there's only a slight possibility.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Next issue deals with Sunspot and AIM, so there's only a slight possibility.
    Maybe but it could be like what DrTraveler posted that maybe this takes place before the Original Sin arc. Or maybe this takes place during that entire arc.

I mean this story was nice but I guess I just wanted a bit more to it.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Avengers World fell completely flat for me. Just very generic and sappy.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

I really liked the Avengers World issue. I wasn't really expecting it to go into any of the time runs out stuff other than the Smasher and Cannonball stuff. Which made me happy because I liked getting to see how they got to where they were.

However I can see how someone would be disappointed if they were expecting more of the split of the teams and such. Maybe we'll get more in the later issues that take place more on earth.

The solicitations for #19 & #20 make me think we'll find out more of this in those issues.

(W) Frank Barbiere (A) Marco Checchetto (CA) W. Scott Forbes
    • The fall of The Avengers!
    • Namor's fury unleashed!
    • The Cabal rises...no world is safe!
    Rated T+
    Last edited by Loulou; 02-19-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I liked it (Avengers World). I really like the sweet stuff though so...gush. I thought about one thing though. Often when a real light and positive issue of a comic comes out it's to open up the readers heart and move them into a sense of complacency, everything is right with the world now, right before hitting them with something very painful and tragic. Given Hickman is promoting all this as " the horror story " I have a guesstimate where it goes from here.
    I make love, you make me sick.

BANNED

Enjoyed the AW issue as well.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    I liked it (Avengers World). I really like the sweet stuff though so...gush. I thought about one thing though. Often when a real light and positive issue of a comic comes out it's to open up the readers heart and move them into a sense of complacency, everything is right with the world now, right before hitting them with something very painful and tragic. Given Hickman is promoting all this as " the horror story " I have a guesstimate where it goes from here.
    Great are we going to have to deal with more dead bodies by the end of this. Why a horror story? Seriously? Why? When nice things happen we can't have them long now can we.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Great are we going to have to deal with more dead bodies by the end of this. Why a horror story? Seriously? Why? When nice things happen we can't have them long now can we.
    Nope, we cannot. The comic book gods demand blood! And unhappy marriages!

All-New Member

What happened to the celestial growing in Earth's core from the SHIELD run?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Right. ...because that is soooo exciting. You are reading the wrong books pal....

So I just caught up with Hickman's Avengers run from 2012 to now and I've gotta admit , he sure knows what he's doing and it's REALLY brilliant , he set everything up , prepared everything and all to lead to this and I just can't express how suprised I am ! I love that he's in someway recreating a Civil War-like reversed situation with Steve going to some extremes all while making sure the idea of the Avengers is still there behind Sunspot's Avengers Team ! About Avengers World , is it really THAT good ? Like consistent in quality or should I skip a few issues just to understand Time Runs Out ?
    Last edited by TheLightZ; 02-21-2015 at 01:25 AM.