Page 163 of 255 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3815
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Yellowjacket is the identity Pym has very mixed feelings about due to his past and skrull Pym's activities in that guise although like the above poster said it is Pym's most powerful suit besides the Wasp one.

Since we know he's alive based on future covers.

Question: based on that first page, how far off the deep end has Tony gone?
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post

Well I think it's fair to say way off the deep end. The conversation he had with Black Swan and with Jess/Natasha confirm that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Well I think it's fair to say way off the deep end. The conversation he had with Black Swan and with Jess/Natasha confirm that as well.
    It's interesting to see flashes of Steve (in armor) fighting Iron Man. I don't know if that's something which has already occured or will occur. But if it's the later, that might be an indication of how off the deep end Steve is since he's obviously willing to put aside his issues and work with everyone else at this point.

But if this is an inverted Stark, we have to remember that in Axis he was flat out trying to kill Steve. So for Stark, that's pretty off the deep end.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    If his powers were expected to be permanently burnt out, there would have been no need to stick him back in Area 87 as opposed to a regular institution.
    I don't know, man. Just telling you what the story said.

I'm expecting that the fight involves Tony trying to destroy the Ultimate Universe with Steve trying to hold him off while everyone else tries to stop it the collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    I'm expecting that the fight involves Tony trying to destroy the Ultimate Universe with Steve trying to hold him off while everyone else tries to stop it the collapse.
    Circling back to how Tony is death and Steve is life? That would fit.

So will this be the first incursion for the Ultimate Universe, or do you think they'll reveal someone has been dealing with the Incursions in the Ultimate Universe secretly?

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post

Its Superior Tony so its pretty far off
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    So will this be the first incursion for the Ultimate Universe, or do you think they'll reveal someone has been dealing with the Incursions in the Ultimate Universe secretly?
    Yeah I was wondering how could they could have been avoiding incursions all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I fully expect the reveal to be Ultimate Reed or The City has been dealing with the Incursions for a while. Ultimate Reed's Ultimate Nullifer could easily destroy another Earth and considering Reed built it, it's reasonable that the City has access to it.

Though come to think about it, the Nullifer works via harnessing the birth of baby universes. It's a fairly horrible weapon. How well would that work in a multiverse that's undergoing collapse.

It also fits the mindset of the two men. For Tony destroying the Ultimate Universe (1610?) is the clear solution. It's the only one between the 616 and survival, possibly even the beginning of a stable multiverse. For Steve, it is a line in the sand that would never ever be crossed. No compromise. Find a way to save everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    It also fits the mindset of the two men. For Tony destroying the Ultimate Universe (1610?) is the clear solution. It's the only one between the 616 and survival, possibly even the beginning of a stable multiverse. For Steve, it is a line in the sand that would never ever be crossed. No compromise. Find a way to save everyone.
    Except he won't, since it's far, far, far from everybody being saved.

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

That's a great point. I remember the panel that described them as Life and Death. Those first few issues of Avengers explained that "it all started with an idea. It started with two men (Cap and Tony), one was life and one was death"

I wonder what the "ideas" are? Future Black Widow said that ideas were dying. Wonder how all that OS time travel ties back to this.
    Last edited by markallenchi; 01-28-2015 at 07:06 PM.
    Mark Allen Chi

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

I was also reading some of the Ultimate books and they have traveled to 616 before. Evil Reed and Miles traveled to 616 to try and stop Galactus. Ultimate Tony also mentioned that the 616 universe unusually resembled the Ultimate universe. Maybe there is a reason they are the last two.
    Mark Allen Chi