Page 18 of 255 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

As someone who's been following the incursions story from the start, I am dying to see things move forward more rapidly. This was a nice character issue, but it's so painful that we haven't even seen anything on the other side of the Auger yet.
    Last edited by ShaokhaN; 10-08-2014 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    As someone who's been following the incursions story from the start, I am dying to see things move forward more rapidly. This was a nice character issue, but it's so painful that we haven't even seen anything on the other side of the Auger.

Agreed.

I figured after the time jump things would move more rapidly considering the end is approaching quickly and there are SO MANY questions still. I mean, I would assume meeting the Great Destroyer will be multiple issues all upon itself... not to mention the "aftermath" of stopping the Incursions (unless Hickman isn't doing the aftermath and letting the next avengers writer take over).

Instead... a character issue? From Hickman? This late in the game? Seems odd.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

By the way, the incursions were mentioned at the end of the latest Amazing Spider-Man issue (#7), when an alternate Spider-Man which is a member of the Cap. Britain Corps notices Morlun's (Spidey villain) family feeding on the Spider-Mans of various universes and goes to Roma and Saturnyne to warn them - they're discussing the incursion problem and saying that they are at this point incapable of solving it. It is of grave concern to them.

Here are the scans in case some of you don't have the issue:

First panel: http://i.imgur.com/sCOy5EL.jpg
    Second panel: http://i.imgur.com/pTUULgf.jpg
    Last edited by ShaokhaN; 10-08-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    By the way, the incursions were mentioned at the end of the latest Amazing Spider-Man issue (#7), when an alternate Spider-Man which is a member of the Cap. Britain Corps notices Morlun's (Spidey villain) family feeding on the Spider-Mans of various universes and goes to Roma and Saturnyne to warn them - they're discussing the incursion problem and saying that they are at this point incapable of solving it. It is of grave concern to them.

Here are the scans in case some of you don't have the issue:

First panel: http://i.imgur.com/sCOy5EL.jpg
    Second panel: http://i.imgur.com/pTUULgf.jpg
    You beat me to it! I thought that was nice nod in the back-up to what's going on in Hickman's story.

I think we got this character focused issue just to add more weight that Hyperion and company are going on a suicide mission.

BANNED

I'm personally loving every issue for the most part! I'm glad there's some cohesion in other marvel books concerning the incursions.. We need more of that.

BANNED

Well Having read Avengers 36, I am forced to ask one question and that is who could the SHIELD Avengers possibly send against Thanos and the Cabal. Sunspot just sent all the big guns minus Captain Universe on a suicide mission. Great characterization for Sunspot, Thor and Hyperion though.

I thought the new issue was great but the Cannonball and Smasher stuff felt fillerish. Hyperion continues to be awesome and Sunspot looks good as a boss.

The Great Destroyer better have a darn good design with all the hype he should look good.
    We need better comics

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Why is that every time Stefano Casseli is drawing the book, its always during a down or very slow point? Seriously, the road to Infinity arc and alternate universe Avengers arc? So frickin dull and forgettable. This issue was just as dull and boring. The dialogue is not remotely engaging and these characters are just not doing it for me. I'm in this far, so I'm not giving up, but dang it. The last issue offered up so much potential, but this sap my energy as I was reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Have to agree here. This issue raises even more questions. Bobby's team finds the Great Destroyer yet SHIELD, with some Avengers, and the Illuminati are at war with each other during this? There has to be more to it than this.

My current theory: Killing the Great Destroyer won't solve the problem. You'll stop Incursions but this issue brought forth a bigger threat being caused by the collapse of the multiverse.
    I'd suspected for a while that the Great Destroyer wouldn't be the primary focus. I'd thought he may not even exist, though this issue seems to prove me wrong. The problem is the Incursions and it's likely that's what the Illuminati are forced to deal with here.

Two things in light of this issue:
    1. An AWESOME twist would be to have the Dante's Inferno twist here. In the Inferno, once the reader gets to the deepest parts of hell you find out the devil is trapped there. All the bad stuff on Earth isn't the work of the Devil, but the work of man. It's an awesome metaphysics twist. I'd love to see that Thor, Hyperion, Starbrand, Nightmask, the Ex-Nihili, etc, arrive and find the Destroyer is dead. That would let us have an Odyssey arc as the group tries to get back to Earth in time to help.

2. I think we got the explanation as to why the frequency of Incursions increase. Robert's report indicates that several foreign ecosystems exist on Earth. His coversation indicates that confirms what Captain Rogers told the Avengers about the Illuminati. We saw the Mapmakers intentionally seed Earths with fragments from other Earths to map the multiverse. It appears each incursion leaves behind a residue of the destroyed Earth on the surviving Earth. I'm betting that attracts more Earths in through INSERT COMIC BOOK SCIENCE HERE. That might give us our out.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I don't know whatever happened to that thread that was keeping track of all the as yet unresolved plot points in NA & Avengers but what does everyone make of that NA issue where the Illuminati learn more about Black Swan & She's shown going back to when her world was destroyed by an incursion (or was it the first incursion) to retrieve her brothers DNA for some reason?

Maybe I missed it but I hadn't really seen too much discussion on that particular point but anyone have any ideas on what that's all about?
    I'd started that thread, and I have an idea on that. I think that Black Swan's was her universe's Valeria Richards analog and her brother was the universe's Franklin Richard's analog. I think she and the other Black Swan's had hoped that Franklin would have a direct solution to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    I'd suspected for a while that the Great Destroyer wouldn't be the primary focus. I'd thought he may not even exist, though this issue seems to prove me wrong. The problem is the Incursions and it's likely that's what the Illuminati are forced to deal with here.

Two things in light of this issue:
    1. An AWESOME twist would be to have the Dante's Inferno twist here. In the Inferno, once the reader gets to the deepest parts of hell you find out the devil is trapped there. All the bad stuff on Earth isn't the work of the Devil, but the work of man. It's an awesome metaphysics twist. I'd love to see that Thor, Hyperion, Starbrand, Nightmask, the Ex-Nihili, etc, arrive and find the Destroyer is dead. That would let us have an Odyssey arc as the group tries to get back to Earth in time to help.

2. I think we got the explanation as to why the frequency of Incursions increase. Robert's report indicates that several foreign ecosystems exist on Earth. His coversation indicates that confirms what Captain Rogers told the Avengers about the Illuminati. We saw the Mapmakers intentionally seed Earths with fragments from other Earths to map the multiverse. It appears each incursion leaves behind a residue of the destroyed Earth on the surviving Earth. I'm betting that attracts more Earths in through INSERT COMIC BOOK SCIENCE HERE. That might give us our out.
    1. I could buy this happening. The very center is nothing but a decayed corpse leaking into the rest of the multiverse.

2. To add on to that: Destroying planets guarantees you'll see more incursions. The price you pay for killing worlds although you save the universe from death a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I thought the new issue was great but the Cannonball and Smasher stuff felt fillerish.

Very much so. I don't even care about them at all
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    Wait what? That's not how I understood it. Abyss said "This world has scars. These lights - the points you see here - have brushed up against foreign universal bodies. [...] Like Hyperion. But not just a person. An entire ecosystem." She didn't say that foreign ecosystems were now on Earth, but that foreign ecosystems (--> other planets) "brushed up" against the Earth at different locations. All she's saying is confirming that there have been incursions, which is what is referred to by Bobby when he says "what Captain Rogers told the Avengers months ago".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Well Having read Avengers 36, I am forced to ask one question and that is who could the SHIELD Avengers possibly send against Thanos and the Cabal. Sunspot just sent all the big guns minus Captain Universe on a suicide mission. Great characterization for Sunspot, Thor and Hyperion though.

Well for starters they are not "SHEILD" avengers per Hickman, but to go against thanos, sue is a likely candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The Great Society's demise at the hands of Dr Strange and the rest of the Illuminati remains one of the most shameful aspects of this saga so far.

Sun God totally rocked.

Screw them, and screw Hickman.

Drag some of the premier marvel characters through the dirt to glorify expies of DC that he was going to kill off anyway.

I will never read anything he puts out ever again.