Page 245 of 255 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 3815
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rukkis View Post
    The reason why Steve is so pissed is because he knew that Tony knew there was no chance of solving this, but he still went ahead with the Avengers Machine and the mind wipe anyways. .
    I stopped right there because Steve didn't know. Steve didn't come to know til OS tie-ins which is one of the hard hitting points to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I stopped right there because Steve didn't know. Steve didn't come to know til OS tie-ins which is one of the hard hitting points to it.
    He wasn't pissed until after the OS tie-ins so it is irrelevant what he knew before that.

I said it in the other thread too, but if you've ever been truly betrayed or let down by someone that you were really close to then you'll understand Steve. Betrayal by a close friend is one of the worst experiences in this world and it stings like a sonuvabitch. You will find yourself revisiting it and it will not be easy to let go. People have known this fact for just about forever. It's why waaaayyyyyyy back in Dante's Inferno the lowest levels of Hell are reserved for those guilty of this crime. It's why Judas's crime in the Bible is seen as so terrible even compared to the guys that actually crucified Christ. Betrayal is a horrible horrible crime.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In all fairness though, I think it would have been entirely fair for someone in the UN to respond "Exactly whose idea was it to put the Cabal in Wakanda in the first place?"

Lets face it... you decide to stick Thanos in your basement, there's a descent chance that's not gonna end well. The UN didn't help Wakanda (for understandable reasons), but they didn't create that situation either. Really T'Challa did (though again for understandable reasons).

Or maybe someone should have realized keeping someone named Maximus the MAD around is a pretty horrible idea.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rukkis View Post
    He wasn't pissed until after the OS tie-ins so it is irrelevant what he knew before that.
    No, it does. He went in with Hope and "life" (for lack of a better term and supporting J. Hickmans opening and ending speech, "It started with two men... one life, one death")

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Or maybe someone should have realized keeping someone named Maximus the MAD around is a pretty horrible idea.
    Certainly that was a calculated risk... one of many the Illuminati made out of desperation.

Though on the flip side you can argue those decisions actually ended up buying them more time. Not that they were able to really do anything with that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    No, it does. He went in with Hope and "life" (for lack of a better term and supporting J. Hickmans opening and ending speech, "It started with two men... one life, one death")
    And maybe that's why Hickman wrote Steve the way he did.

Cap represented life and hope, but this was a story where there was no hope and life was coming to an end. Steve was old and beaten down... he was going downhill the same way the 616 was.

Certainly that was a calculated risk... one of many the Illuminati made out of desperation.

Though on the flip side you can argue those decisions actually ended up buying them more time. Not that they were able to really do anything with that time.
    Did Maximus bring anything ot the table other than fixing Blackbolt and then turning to the dark side? I can' tremember

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post

"Black Panther, is there anything you can do to help?"

OMG. Did you make that yourself because.. bravo. Funniest thing I seen all day.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Did Maximus bring anything ot the table other than fixing Blackbolt and then turning to the dark side? I can' tremember
    Max was pretty handy in Infinity.

But as far as Max flipping to the dark side... really I think it was more the Illuminati flipping to the light side because all the Cabal essentially did was EXACTLY what the Illuminati came together to do in the first place. Blow up planets to stop the incursions. Max and Namor simply keep doing it, while the rest of the Illuminati stopped .

And you can make an arguement that them doing it was actually a good thing. It bought them time. In the end time ran out and that additional time didn't really help matters... but at least from their perspective they had to try.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    OMG. Did you make that yourself because.. bravo. Funniest thing I seen all day.
    I've kept a copy of that BP JPEG since Original Sin just for occasions like this.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I've kept a copy of that BP JPEG since Original Sin just for occasions like this.
    Just like Black Panther would. My hat to you.

Max was pretty handy in Infinity.

But as far as Max flipping to the dark side... really I think it was more the Illuminati flipping to the light side because all the Cabal essentially did was EXACTLY what the Illuminati came together to do in the first place. Blow up planets to stop the incursions. Max and Namor simply keep doing it, while the rest of the Illuminati stopped .

And you can make an arguement that them doing it was actually a good thing. It bought them time. In the end time ran out and that additional time didn't really help matters... but at least from their perspective they had to try.
    If you really think about it, this whole story was a giant waste of time lol

Not the biggest fan of that BP scene. He himself admitted there's nothing that can be done, so why does he say that a "king" could have helped? I get what he's referring to, but he can't really help.
    Last edited by Viteh; 04-29-2015 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Not the biggest fan of that BP scene. He himself admitted there's nothing that can be done, so why does he say that a "king" could have helped?
    He's just being angry and bitter (and given his position that's understandable). He wants to try and make them feel bad about Wakanda not getting any aid. It's sort of a futile gesture since he already made it clear there's nothing that can be done... but he took the shot anyways.