Page 249 of 255 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 3815
    BANNED

why didn't Victor tell the Illuminati that he is the great destroyer/his plan etc.?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    why didn't Victor tell the Illuminati that he is the great destroyer/his plan etc.?
    Because he was in the past?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Like 245 in THIS thread? lol
    no the other. ..lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Because he was in the past?
    another question is

why did MM choose Victor...i mean out of all people

he could of choose Reed, Pym, Stark, Banner, T'challa etc. etc. etc. yet he choose Victor Von Doom...why?

Spectacular Member

another question is

he could of choose Reed, Pym, Stark, Banner, T'challa etc. etc. etc. yet he choose Victor Von Doom...why?
    He said because only doom had a knowledge of science and magic.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

He wasnt the GD yet. Consider the point when he and Owen going back in time in that one issue when he "becomes" that.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exiled View Post
    He said because only doom had a knowledge of science and magic.
    what did he mean by that...that he knew the most about both at the same time or something then anyone else?

Spectacular Member

what did he mean by that...that he knew the most about both at the same time or something then anyone else?
    He is better tasked for the job of saving the multiverse because of his knowledge of both magic and technology.

Spectacular Member

In regards to the universes.... killing a molecule man brings the universes closer together. There is a real subtle story reference. The molecule man says to doom when will he kill enough of him for universes to collide "together". He says it 3 times and Doom is shown killing a molecule man the first two times it is said and the third and incursion happens. It is subtle but pretty cool. Also the molecule man is a singular being spread out throughout the multiverse. He is one person with infinite parts. Every tume he dies there is less of him which contracts the multiverse. Take one part away you shorten the connection which brings the universes closer together.

another question is

His stated reasons were that Doom was knowledgable about both science and magic, which made him the perfect choice.

But I think there are reasons beyond that. Firstly, I think MM and Doom formed a pretty good relationship in Secret War. I'm not sure I'd say they were friends exactly... but they had a good working relationship.

Secondly, MM's plan required the person he chose to murder someone over and over again. While the Illuminati might have reluctantly gone along with that, Doom would have far less issues murdering people than any of the Illumianti would have.

Really Doom is the perfect single choice. Maybe the only choice.

BeyondMe

I thought the same thing. Anyone notice how the partial destroyed moon resembles the moon at end of times in Hickman's Shield?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    His stated reasons were that Doom was knowledgable about both science and magic, which made him the perfect choice.

But I think there are reasons beyond that. Firstly, I think MM and Doom formed a pretty good relationship in Secret War. I'm not sure I'd say they were friends exactly... but they had a good working relationship.

Secondly, MM's plan required the person he chose to murder someone over and over again. While the Illuminati might have reluctantly gone along with that, Doom would have far less issues murdering people than any of the Illumianti would have.

Really Doom is the perfect single choice. Maybe the only choice.
    good point

I was going back to that wall map in Heroic Age Avengers # 1-6, the future Avengers. What if they weren't the future? What if they were in a Battleworld region? The Maestro was there, and alternative Spidergirl, and baby Avengers from some TV show. That wall chart in Avengers #5 could show "We are here" right after the question mark when there is nothing.

Pretty much that.... Victor Von Doom is basically the only guy who's got mastery of both fields. Reed and Tony and others are masters of science and invention, Stephen Strange is Sorceror Supreme, but Doom is as good or better than anybody in each field, maybe a tiny bit less well versed in magic than Strange.

Astonishing Member

not to mention that approaching a group with the required skills between them runs the risk that they'll disagree and turn upon each other in the face of oblivion

also, doom's a narcissistic sociopath; the idea that he, and he alone, can halt the end of all things and save some of reality (with the unspoken possibility of remaking it in his own image) when reed could not; would be irresistible to him, and the personal threat to him means he won't get too bored and turn his resources to simple conquest